Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Truth Serum Collagen BoosterTruth Serum Collagen Booster

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't think I have tried an Ole Henriksen product I disliked. What originally won me over was the CC cream; I generally find the entire BB/CC/DD cream trend extremely gimmicky and annoying. That was one of the first and only of its genre to actually do what it claims. From then on, I have tried more and more OH products and have never been disappointed. This is merely a serum, which claims to boost collagen production and brighten complexion. I will say it definitely has a tightening (sticky?) effect when applying to the skin, and definitely improves/brightens my skin overall. The scent smells citrus/orange-y, as most of OH's products containing vitamin C do. This is not a must-have product for me, but I would gladly repurchase and plan on experimenting with more OH products in the future!

on 11/10/2014 7:41:00 AM

Really good!

on 11/7/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The unfortunate part about serums like this is that it's hard to prove a lack of damage. However, I do think a serum is an important part of a skincare routine and this one so far is non-irritating, smells nicely like citrus, has a good texture, and isn't too expensive for a vitamin C serum. The only real effect it has is to kind of subtly brighten everything up and I notice that when I don't use it my skin doesn't have as nice a texture as it usually does (if that makes sense).

I really like this serum. I have super sensitive skin and this was one of the rare products that did not make me break out. I use it as my night serum before applying my other products.

on 10/21/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This came in the Three Little Wonders kit I got from Sephora. I only need a little bit and I use it in the morning before applying my facial sunscreen. It seems to help with brightening in some areas and when used sparingly, it isn't too sticky. It has a pleasant scent. I am pretty sure there are better vitamin C serums out there but this is nice to use. It hasn't broken me out and doesn't clog my pores. It does dry quickly though so I have to be fast when it comes to spreading it on my face and neck. On its own it is pretty pricey so I do recommend trying the kit to get a sense of the line.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It definitely has a firming effect but I do need to moisturise immediately because my face feels taut and dry.

Unfortunately there is no glow for me. Bizarrely enough my face is getting... Orange. This is the only new product I'm using. And now my face doesn't match my neck or ears. It's not even a healthy tan but more like I haven't washed my face in weeks look.

Very disappointing.

on 10/9/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has helped brighten my skin in a few months. Some of my dark spots have faded. I do think this product is good. But, about a month after that my results came to a hault and I think my bottle isn't good anymore and lost effectiveness due to the packaging/clear bottle. So I do like the product but I don't like the price for it to last such a short amount of time.

This product is ok, I like the smell and it absorbs quicky but leaves skin sticky.

on 10/8/2014 12:16:00 AM

This serum is just okay. It absorbs really quickly..almost too quickly, it's hard to spread it all over your face before you run out so I feel like I have to use a lot of product to cover my whole face. It leaves the skin kind of dry so you need to wear moisturizer. Also I would be interested in how vitamin C is kept stable in this non opaque bottle and over time. It smells very good and has a refreshing feel to it but I think long term it doesn't do much. There are better serums out there IMO.

I bought this in the 3 little wonders set- it is a much better deal to buy in the set instead of individually.

I was very worried about breaking out due to the other reviews but took a chance since i had been battling a 2 month long breakout that couldn't be controlled by benzenol perioxide or retinol so I had nothing to loose and was desperate for a new product to help.

Within a week my skin had cleared (in combination with the sheer transformation and invigorating night gel. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and my skin is totally clear, perfectly hygdrated and healing up nicely. All the blemish marks are fading as well.

I like that it comes from a pump. I love the smell & texture. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly. I was using it 2x a day but am now only using it at night so that i can conserve it.

Since i bought this in a set and use it with the other products in the set I can't say for sure which product is the real miracle worker so i will continue to buy all 3.

To recap:
I was having terrible cystic acne and well as white heads prior to using this product and within a week the breakouts stopped and the healing began. Have not had a breakout since using. My face is perfectly hydrated, no flakes or oily areas. I am noticing anti aging results (i am 29 and felt like my skin was getting dull, i feel like a few years have come off already). My skin has been "plumped" and luminous.

I will continue to buy this product and would highly recommend.