Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 11/7/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The unfortunate part about serums like this is that it's hard to prove a lack of damage. However, I do think a serum is an important part of a skincare routine and this one so far is non-irritating, smells nicely like citrus, has a good texture, and isn't too expensive for a vitamin C serum. The only real effect it has is to kind of subtly brighten everything up and I notice that when I don't use it my skin doesn't have as nice a texture as it usually does (if that makes sense).

I really like this serum. I have super sensitive skin and this was one of the rare products that did not make me break out. I use it as my night serum before applying my other products.

on 10/21/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This came in the Three Little Wonders kit I got from Sephora. I only need a little bit and I use it in the morning before applying my facial sunscreen. It seems to help with brightening in some areas and when used sparingly, it isn't too sticky. It has a pleasant scent. I am pretty sure there are better vitamin C serums out there but this is nice to use. It hasn't broken me out and doesn't clog my pores. It does dry quickly though so I have to be fast when it comes to spreading it on my face and neck. On its own it is pretty pricey so I do recommend trying the kit to get a sense of the line.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It definitely has a firming effect but I do need to moisturise immediately because my face feels taut and dry.

Unfortunately there is no glow for me. Bizarrely enough my face is getting... Orange. This is the only new product I'm using. And now my face doesn't match my neck or ears. It's not even a healthy tan but more like I haven't washed my face in weeks look.

Very disappointing.

on 10/9/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has helped brighten my skin in a few months. Some of my dark spots have faded. I do think this product is good. But, about a month after that my results came to a hault and I think my bottle isn't good anymore and lost effectiveness due to the packaging/clear bottle. So I do like the product but I don't like the price for it to last such a short amount of time.

This product is ok, I like the smell and it absorbs quicky but leaves skin sticky.

on 10/8/2014 12:16:00 AM

This serum is just okay. It absorbs really quickly..almost too quickly, it's hard to spread it all over your face before you run out so I feel like I have to use a lot of product to cover my whole face. It leaves the skin kind of dry so you need to wear moisturizer. Also I would be interested in how vitamin C is kept stable in this non opaque bottle and over time. It smells very good and has a refreshing feel to it but I think long term it doesn't do much. There are better serums out there IMO.

I bought this in the 3 little wonders set- it is a much better deal to buy in the set instead of individually.

I was very worried about breaking out due to the other reviews but took a chance since i had been battling a 2 month long breakout that couldn't be controlled by benzenol perioxide or retinol so I had nothing to loose and was desperate for a new product to help.

Within a week my skin had cleared (in combination with the sheer transformation and invigorating night gel. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and my skin is totally clear, perfectly hygdrated and healing up nicely. All the blemish marks are fading as well.

I like that it comes from a pump. I love the smell & texture. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly. I was using it 2x a day but am now only using it at night so that i can conserve it.

Since i bought this in a set and use it with the other products in the set I can't say for sure which product is the real miracle worker so i will continue to buy all 3.

To recap:
I was having terrible cystic acne and well as white heads prior to using this product and within a week the breakouts stopped and the healing began. Have not had a breakout since using. My face is perfectly hydrated, no flakes or oily areas. I am noticing anti aging results (i am 29 and felt like my skin was getting dull, i feel like a few years have come off already). My skin has been "plumped" and luminous.

I will continue to buy this product and would highly recommend.

on 9/13/2014 5:58:00 PM

Purchased in 3 Little Wonders set.
I use it at night before bed followed by either the moisturizer or night gel.
I like the consistency and it dries fairly quickly without making my skin feel dry.
When I use it my overall face feels moisturized however is not strong enough for very dry patches.
I enjoy the citrus smell.
Does not break me out. Not entirely conclusive yet however I think it has helped to decrease my breakouts and improve consistency and seem to notice a difference when I skip it.
Its not a "miracle" I do not notice stupefying changes nor have I noticed a brightening effect however I do not have any "cons" for this product. Success by default?
I have been using it for over a month now and there is still more than half the bottle remaining (2 pumps per night cover face and neck).

My only significant comparison was Kate Sommerville serum suggested by sales rep. and found 0 improvements and found that it increased frequency of breakouts.
Had a decent sample from Estee Lauder-Advanced night repair that has been my favorite thus far. I found it decreased breakouts, redness, and left me feeling moisturized. Price point has been my only hesitation but the more products I try the more I consider purchasing.

on 9/11/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used this for about 3 years now, having first discovered it in the Three Little Wonders kit at Sephora. I really like the consistency and think it gives a nice brightening result when used in conjunction with the Invigorating Night Treatment. I've repurchased this several times, although I'm not entirely sure how it would perform on its own without the INT.

The fragrance is lightly citrus-scented, and I've received lots of compliments on my skin when using this combo. I don't always have this in my arsenal as I find it works best when I give it and the INT a rest for a few months and then reintroduce them.

I'm sure I'll purchase this again in the future and while I won't be shocked at the incredible transformation in the mirror, I will be satisfied with the gradual improvement result.

Popular Face Skincare Products