Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Truth Serum Collagen BoosterTruth Serum Collagen Booster

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 11/16/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike so many other vitamin C serums, I didn't notice any changes at all while using this product. While it felt nice on the skin and I do think it may have acted as a light moisturizer, there were no changes in tone or texture during the 3 months I used it. Also, while the citrus scent is really nice, its strong and I imagine this is a bit too much for the skin - minimally its very unnecessary and will likely act as an irritant for those with sensitive skin. I was completely unimpressed by this product (ditto for the cream).

I can only give this 1 star. Reason being is because in my experience of using high quality VC serums the changes are almost immediate - this goes just as much for really pricey products as it does for inexpensive and DIY VC serums. Timeless is half the price and is a much better serum than this one IMO. This product was definitely not for me. While far from a bad product it also doesn't appear to have enough benefits to justify using/picking over other readily available VC serums.

on 10/31/2015 11:13:00 AM

MY SKIN: Normal to combination, extremely prone to hormonal acne around my mouth, chin, and hairline. Significant acne scarring from teenage years. I have redness and flaky dry skin around my nose due to chronic dermatitis in that area.

LENGTH OF USE: My review is from July-end of October.

ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS: I bought this as a part of the "Three Little Wonders" set, so keep in mind that I used this in combination with the other products, which I am sure affect the overall result. I currently remove makeup with Nuance Cleansing Oil and coconut oil, then cleanse with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash, then tone with a 1:3 mixture of apple cider vinegar/water with a few drops of tea tree oil. After this I use the Three Little Wonders (which includes this serum) as directed on the box.

I must stress that if you use these products, WEAR SPF 15 OR HIGHER (30 is preferable). Your skin WILL be more sensitive to sun damage, so you are doing nothing for your skin if you don't wear SPF. I use a sunscreen by Murad.

Honestly, this is THE ONLY set of products that have 100% controlled my hormonal acne, which is astonishing to me. My daily routine is now concealer only - I have no need for a full face of foundation and rarely wear it. Any pimples that do crop up are TINY and go away in less than a week. No matter how much I beat up my body or skin (i.e. late night of partying, bad diet streak, etc.) my skin looks great! The christening result was my husband's commentary that my "skin has been looking amazing lately." He commented that I haven't gotten a pimple in "forever." And it's true - my typical warhead-like whiteheads that crop up around my time of the month have not occurred since July. My scars are slightly less visible, but I understand this can take years to fade.

NOW why the 4 star review? The price of the full size products. They. Are. Outrageous.

-The Little Wonders kit, that includes 1 oz. of the Vitamin C Serum, 1 oz. their AHA serum, and 1 oz. of their Sheer Moisturizer is $72 USD without tax.

VS.

-1 oz. of the Vitamin C serum alone is $48 USD ($72 for 1.7oz)
-1.7 oz of the AHA serum is $48 USD
-1.7oz of the Moisturizer is $40.

So if you wanted to buy the "full size" of this regimen outside of the kit, you're paying $136 total, which is an extra $64 USD for an extra 1.4oz of product (wtf!!). If the Three Little Wonders kit is ever discontinued, I will never be able to afford this regimen at their price point sold separately. So I will, and have already, repurchase this serum as part of the kit as part of my "holy grail" skincare regimen, but how I wish the products on their own were a little more reasonable.

on 10/16/2015 2:13:00 PM

I've been using this product for a few months now and haven't noticed any change on my skin. This doesn't make me break out but not sure if it's doing anything good for my skin.

on 9/23/2015 8:18:00 PM

I've purchased the "The Works" kit from Sephora because I wanted to try it out before purchasing the full size bottle. After hearing many good reviews about this product, it made me really want to try it. I'm in my early 20's now and I have a few red spots here and there. I think it was because of the products I've used that contained a lot of chemicals. I have fairly sensitive skin! This stuff works great with the sheer moisturizer!! It helped set my makeup in place and my face doesn't get oily after. I noticed that my skin got brighter and more glowy!! LOVE LOVE LOVE FOR THIS PRODUCT!!!!

on 8/1/2015 6:25:00 PM

I was looking for a shelf-stable vitamin C serum since I don't want to run to the fridge every morning when I want to apply my skincare. This is highly rated and the ingredients list looked OK to me (I do not like serums that have glycerin as a main ingredient since it irritates my skin).

I've been using it daily for the past two months and am pretty happy with it. I have combination skin that is on the drier side. I already use dapsone gel and Tazorac for acne and to keep my pores clear. I wanted to add a C serum to the mix to add clarity and free radical protection during the day. My skin is noticeably brighter these days with that even radiance that you can only achieve with vitamin C.

This (in combination with good sun protection) has also helped fade some old acne marks. It hasn't clogged my pores (which some vitamin C serums have done) or caused any other problems. I like the pump bottle, though I wish they'd package it in tinted rather than clear glass. My solution is to just keep it in the box (which incidentally makes it easier to organize in a drawer).

This is somewhat pricey, though kind of reasonable in the world of vitamin C serums. What's especially nice is that Ole Henrickson offers this in smaller sizes for people to try or to make traveling with it easier. Would repurchase.

ETA: I found that Mad Hippie's vitamin C serum is a good, less expensive alternative to Truth Serum. It uses the same form of vitamin C and has ferulic acid to help stabilize it.

on 7/5/2015 10:28:00 PM

saw no changes after using this for a couple of weeks :/

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price, this is a decent product. I like to pick up the 3 Little Wonders set if I run out of my skincare products while traveling. The "collagen booster" works to some extent, improving texture in areas of concern and I did notice a very subtle lightening effect on sun-induced melanin freckles. I certainly feel dry if I don't use this with a moisturizer over it, which makes the whole process a little thicker than I would prefer. My skin also does feel a bit sensitive when I first apply the gel-ish serum. It is decently functional though, and moderately priced.

I liked it at first but it broke me out into small white bumps :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just ordered my third bottle of this serum. I first tried the smaller size, the 1 oz, and I liked it so much that after that I ordered the bigger 1.7 oz size. The bottle lasts for quite awhile, and I use two pumps, and I can get my whole face, neck, and decollete area with that amount. You do have to work it over your skin pretty quickly because it does absorb quickly. I love the scent, it's citrusy, just like you would imagine due to the color of the serum itself. It makes my skin clear and bright. I love that it boosts collagen production, because I am nearing 40. I wash my face first, right now I'm using a cleanser from Fresh, then I put on this serum, then my eye cream, then my night cream, and I am good to go. I am very happy with this serum and recommend it to anyone looking for a good serum to brighten their skin and to boost collagen production. The 1.7 oz is selling for around $68 on Amazon right now, and the price for the same size on Sephora is $72. Good luck, thank you for reading my review, I hope it was helpful.

on 5/7/2015 10:18:00 AM

I really want to believe that after using this serum I can see a subtle brightness added to my skin. But that might just be wishful thinking because it's really subtle. Other than that it absorbs quickly, is light weight and I find the smell pleasant. It just costs a lot for only achieving a subtle questionable brightness. I've run out and I don't have any plans for repurchasing currently, but maybe my skin will be noticeably duller. Then I would repurchase.