Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Truth Serum Collagen BoosterTruth Serum Collagen Booster

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This serum is too sticky to enjoy. It very easily broke out my skin (sensitive and break-out probe, to be fair). I did not notice any difference in brightening, smoothing or helping the appearance of aging. In effect, the purpose of using this serum was entirely lost on my skin. I ask definitely needed a moisturizer on top of it, which I would imagine would feel even more sticky in humid weather. A definite fail for me, even more so forthe price point.

on 2/26/2019 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Starting getting breakouts this week and I NEVER get spots and was lucky to never get them as a teen as well. Using this product is the only change to my lifestyle/routine so it's obvious to me that this is causing the breakout. Having googled it I saw many other people experience breakouts with this product too hence why I had to leave a review. Haven't noticed much improvement to my skin in a week but with me breaking out I don't know if I want to continue using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to be really impressed with Olehenriksen (especially the Banana Bright Eye Creme) but my impression has changed over time. I purchased this as part of a kit that comes with a daytime moisturizer and night cream. It is a good set, especially for travel or just to test out the line before plunging head first into the full size products because let’s face it, they aren’t cheap. I’d rather spend money on skin care and purchase more economical (i.e. drugstore) makeup than the other way around but it’s got to be worth the cost no matter what. However, in the end I can’t get behind these products. The cost benefit isn’t worth it to me. The thing about Truth Serum is that it smells like oranges, is thick and makes my skin feel sticky after applying. I’ve tried one pump, 1/2 of one pump, doesn’t matter. It is sticky. Okay, maybe not a great reason for disliking this but what I look for in a serum is for the product to soak into my skin and I want to feel like it’s doing something for me, either by feeling hydrated or seeing a more even skin tone or reduction in dullness. Unfortunately this does none of that for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this serum several chances, just to be fair, but every time I use it, my skin breaks out. And I pretty much never break out, my skin is not acne prone and rarely reacts to skincare in bad ways, just for the record. My mom had the same experience with this serum. I suspect, it is all the "natural" extracts, fragrance, and citrus irritants, which are really unnecessary in a product like this.
Not a very good, overhyped product, there are much better (more effective and cheaper) options out there, I'm going back to Timeless or Deciem.

on 8/11/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I don't really understand the hype with this product. I've used it consistently for months and noticed nothing different with the brightness of my skin or my dark spots!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a year too late writing up on this but figured better late than never. Firstly the packaging has thankfully taken into account the instability of Vitamin C and made it more difficult to oxidize, although I'm not entirely convinced this has been perfected yet. In here there are 2 types of Vitamin C: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Calcium Ascorbate, both pretty decent forms and high up on the ingredients list which means you are getting a good dose. You also have Vitamin C in secondary form in additional ingredients such as Orange fruit extract and Rosa Canina fruit extract for good measure. Tocopherol Acetate also features quite high up on the list which is a bonus.

As a serum it wouldn't ordinarily be moisturizing enough to not warrant a moisturizer used on top, however I found it to be sufficient for my oily skin type during the summer season without the need to apply anything over it. I used one squirt of this every morning, followed by Juice Beauty CC Cream for coverage and SPF. There was a noticeable glow even after the first few uses which was expected. Long term use of Vit C helps to stimulate collagen production and in that aspect this is a product that I feel has long term benefits that surpass the initial results. Like many others I enjoyed the fragrance immensely. I wouldn't go so far as saying it is THE best Vitamin C product on the market as there are some better formulations out there, however it is very close. Until I get round to trialling those (as I no doubt will!) I would for now rank this as my favourite Vit C serum. Just be sure to keep the bottle out of sunlight, otherwise that's $48 dollars of oxidized product down the drain and of little benefit to your skin or your wallet!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am on a quest to find the holy grail of vitamin c and this is yet another product I have tried but found it disappointing as compared to all the positive reviews. I used it for about two months so I could give it time to be effective and I could judge it fairly. I have pretty good skin and my main concerns are that I do have the beginnings of aging with my skin not as firm in appearance as it use to be, some dullness and I want to recapture youthful appearance of my skin. The serum comes in a pump top dispenser bottle. A 30 ml (1oz) bottle is 48 dollars which I think is a reasonable price and would continue to buy it if it was effective for my concerns. I do not like the pump dispenser because it only allows you to pump exactly one predetermined pump at a time. I am not able to push it down say half ways to get just half a pump of product and that was automatically a big negative for this. I don't need a whole pump of product, half would be sufficient so its just throwing money away and I hate waste. The serum is a liquid/gel like texture that is easy to apply all over the face. It dries quickly and doesn't dey near as sticky as other vitamin c products. It also doesn't have that tingling sensation that occurs with vit c products. It had no adverse effects when applied. Short term, when applied I saw a noticeable difference in my skin. It appeared more radiant and awake. The dullness definitely was decreased. It didn't last though. I soon learned that the serum did benefit my skin in a number of ways but always short term, noticeable when applied but by end of day or next morning it as back to looking the same as it did before I applied this. That never changed thru the course of treatment. It was like a bandaid to my skin concerns instead of actually treating them and showing signs of correction over time. I never got that and that is ultimately why I have discontinued use and will go back to my previous vit c product that I liked better. I don't think I would recommend this because I have negative feelings towards so many people paying so much for a product that I saw trick me into thinking it was working but in reality was just making it look like it was by giving my skin a noticeable boost with application but quit applying it and you will see before the day is out what I noticed too. If it works for you then that is really good and I am glad it did. It didn't for me

on 7/1/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This stuff is great. It smells wonderful and sinks in quickly, leaving no sticky or gross residue. I have used this for about 3 months now and have seen some nice improvement in my skin with respect to brightness and fine lines. I had one small forehead wrinkle developing that this product diminished, and my acne scars are gone. My face is also just lighter and brighter in general. I apply generously to Face and neck (2 pumps). I think if you have major skin issues this product may not be strong enough, but for my relatively minor skin concerns this works just as advertised. Thankfully, I also really like this bc it doesn’t cause cystic acne or breakouts, which happens frequently when I try new products. Give it a try!

on 6/20/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin and the truth serum has helped with helping my skin look healthy. I use a moisturizer after the product has penetrated the skin for about 3-5 minutes. It smells like oranges in my opinion, which for me is a plus. I would recommend this to a friend but always use spf because it can cause a sun burn.

on 5/23/2018 11:38:00 PM

i love this serum and have already repurchased a few times. It is on the pricy side but it feels great on and my skin just drinks it up. it is not a moisturizing product so I follow up with a moisturizer.