Real Techniques Core Collection

Real Techniques Core Collection

4.5

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These brushes are the best. I have several Real Techniques brushes and they've lasted so long. I needed some new brushes for contouring so I decided to purchase this set. I was not disappointed. My bronzer/blush looked flawless. The brushes blend so well. There's no need to spend a huge amount of money on brushes, this is as good as it gets.

on 10/23/2015 2:36:00 PM

I find these far too stiff. I need soft and floofy.

on 10/21/2015 4:44:00 PM

I bought the core collection for the buffing brush. It isn't sold individually (but you probably can buy it that way on eBay or amazon, I suspect). So I finally just bit the bullet and bought the collection. I actually really like it. I use the detailer brush to blend concealer and to set it with powder. I use the buffing brush for applying liquid or cream foundation. I use the contour brush for applying powder blush, and for blending blush with contour and highlighter. I use the pointed foundation brush for applying cream blush (I don't really understand how people use this type of brush for applying foundation).

on 10/15/2015 4:24:00 AM

Perfect brushes! I love the buffing brush which I use with my powder foundation. I use the detailer brush to smooth my eye pencil line, works perfect! Contour brush for the blush and the pointed foundation brush to put and blend eyeshadow in the crease of my eye (sounds strange but works very well! I put the colour on the side of the brush and it fits perfectly in the crease of the eye). You can do a complete make up with this set, the only thing I miss is a brush you could use to put colour on the complete eye lid as base so for that I still use my MAC 217 or 239. I own a lot of MAC brushes but for the moment they are collecting dust!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great quality and products for the price! Got this off a special "buy one get the second half price" deal at Boots, really happy that I finally have something to stick with for the foreseeable future!

The brushes themselves are great size, great quality, good grip and length, and overall awesome for any amateur to professional makeup user. Bristles do not fall off easily, and I especially love the labels on the side that tells you what the brush is so you don't have to wonder which one is which. Color scheme (for all RT brushes) is fantastically beautiful.

The bag which comes in the pack is awesome, from being foam padded, to having great elastic bands that hold your brushes securely, to displaying the brushes in an orderly and beautiful fashion on your desk / shelf / etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Such good brushes for the price, great for someone starting out in makeup. I use the buffing brush everyday for foundation it's soft and makes everything blend so easily.

on 8/25/2015 11:33:00 PM

I've only had these brushes about a week but I really, really like them. I already had the stippling brush (which is great by the way), but I needed a good buffing brush and bought this set just for that one brush. I'm glad I did because the small foundation brush is absolutely perfect to apply concealer, because it's small enough to work around the eyes and nose. I'm not sure it would be anywhere near large enough to use as an actual foundation brush though?

The buffing brush applies my NARS creamy compact foundation perfectly - just love it!

The contour brush I have been using to apply my translucent powder at the end, which is great as the smaller head allows me to just apply it to my t-zone quite easily.

I haven't used the tiny detailer brush yet, I'm not sure that I will, but oh well.

All in all, a good value (hopefully good quality) set of brushes that I will no doubt be using daily until they fall apart. They are very very soft and the online tutorials by the girls are very helpful.

I hope the brushes last ok as so far, so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush set. My favorite brush would be the contour brush since it's a very versatile brush (you can use it for foundation, blending under eye concealer, setting your under eye concealer, bronzer, blush, contour, highlight, all-over powder application). The buffing brush is also a favorite for powder foundation, but after deep cleaning it, it shed pretty badly, like chunks of synthetic hair was coming out of it. Still works, nevertheless.Just be careful when washing them.

I love this set! The brushes (apart from the flat foundation brush) are so soft and wash really well! I use the flat foundation brush to apply my concealer, it does a fine job! I also use the smaller brush to apply setting powder under my eyes and I can control it better than the large powder brush. I love this set so much that I bought it for my daughter for her birthday.

The synthetic brushes are soft and functional but nothing special either. I do like the smaller head powder brush for setting concealer or applying diffused effect powder product. The foundation brush is frustrating to work with because of the size of the head, so you have to work at it quite a while to get an even application. I have not found any great use for the other 2 powder brushes and while I do like the every-day face brush for applying some less pigmented blushes, I prefer my MAC 109 powder brush for actual powder brush setting. The price is very economical and the brushes are not poorly crafted quality wise, I suppose I would find this better suited to sell the brushes individually.

Popular Makeup Brushes