Real Techniques Core Collection

Real Techniques Core Collection

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok brushes. No more no less.

on 4/5/2016 1:34:00 AM

These brushes are LIFE! They're so soft and does a really good job with blending. I would also recommend their sponge, great dupe for the beauty blender. I lost these brushes and I seriously thought my life was over I cried lol.

WOW just WOW. I love these brushes so much that i already purchased a second set. They feel nice, are sturdy and work amazingly. They're also very easy to clean and have not shed. The travel case is a nice plus that has been useful for me. I have the original and the new core collection and they're both amazing. I use the buffing brushes to buff out my contour and blend everything. I use one contour brush for contour powder and the other for highlighter and they both work AMAZING. I even used one to set under eye powder and it worked very well. I used one detailer brush for small detailed contouring like the nose but now i use both for lip brushes. The only brushes i don't use are the foundation brushes because i prefer makeup sponges but they do work nicely for concealer! its about 7.50 Canadian after taxes per brush which can seem a little high but honestly, these brushes are so worth it! I'll definitely be purchasing more of the RT brushes!

on 3/29/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can honestly say this is a 10/10 product. In all brush kits I get, there's at least one or two brushes I never use. But in this one, I had use for every single brush! I've even thought about getting another kit because I love the brushes so much and I think I could use them for multiple things. Let me tell you what I use every brush for:
Detailer brush: applying concealer on my acne, spots and scars on the face before blending them out with a Beauty blender. I think this could work for like applying shadow in the inner corner too, but I like it really much for the purpose I use it with.
Contouring brush: Not a fan of this brush with contouring, but I totally looove it for blush and highlighter! It's really easy to apply your blush with this, as well as your highlighter on your cheekbones (although I prefer the fan brush from the Real Techniques Sculpting Set for that).
Buffing brush: Just an excellent buffing brush for applying liquid make up - foundation/cc-cream/bb-cream etcetera. The only bad thing I have to say about this brush is that it sucks up a bit too much product, but I feel like all stippling and buffing brushes do that.
Pointed foundation brush: I use this for face mask. And because I was this one more often than the other ones, I can say that the brussels on this one is starting to feel a bit plasty - I don't know how to put it but they doesn't feel like real hair. I don't think this is a bad thing necessarily and I don't know if this would happen to the other brushes.

The little "bag" you get with it is great too in my opinion, it's super cute and great for travelling.

on 2/23/2016 7:55:00 AM

Such good value for money! The brushes are very soft, and never come apart with washing. I've barely lost a single bristle. These brushes will make you throw away the sponges you used to used to apply your foundation/powder. Good value/great quality.

on 12/15/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OVERALL: great brushes! great brand! great price! none have shed, all are in great condition, i often use them, some everyday :) brush-by-brush review down below

CONTOUR: perfect for a soft contour, easy to blend and precise enough to get product only where you want it. i honestly can't say how it is for a harsh or 'chiseled' contour as i don't do those looks, but i love it for some soft definition. it's also great for under eye powdering. it's the perfect size to get the job done quickly but accurately. as i have very dry skin i usually use the duo-fiber contour brush, but for normal/oily skin, this would work perfectly. if you have dry skin, give it a go as well, just use a light hand :)

BUFFING: my go-to buffing brush! it feel so soft and gentle, not what you expect from a dense brush but i actually love the feeling of this brush the most on my skin! incredibly easy to use, just brush in circles to work foundation or powder into the skin for a natural look :)

DETAIL: i don't know what this brush was made for, but i use it for almost anything! dotting concealer onto a blemish or around my nose? this is perfect. inner corner highlight? perfect! it gets is so intense (the way i like it) so quickly and easily) packing a shadow on the lid? yep it does that too! not a day goes by when i don't use this for something, and i'm sure you'll find plenty more way to use it too!

FOUNDATION: not going to lie, it's my least favourite of the collection. i'm sorry, it's just too small to do foundation with, i sometimes use it to blend out under eye concealer, but i prefer a sponge or my ring finger way more often. i just don't reach for it as much as any of the others! now to be fair, i don't reach for any flat paddle brush on a daily, or even weekly, basis. i just don't have much use for it. i still think the collection is worth buying, i personally don't use paddle brushes much! if you do, you'll probably like this!

on 11/23/2015 3:11:00 PM

I brought this before owning any of my own make-up brushes. I was just using some high end old make up brushes my mum didn't use anymore. I had put of buying some brushes for a long time telling myself they are a waste of money as I already have some. But when I decided I really did need to get some new brushes I knew that real techniques where the best brand high store brand and that they would be decent. But they have completely changed my make-up game. These brushes are phenomenal quality for their price and make your foundation, highlight, contour or power e.t.c glide on effortlessly. I totally recommend these to all beginners!!

on 11/16/2015 1:19:00 AM

I honestly bought this set for its buffing brush to use in conjunction with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Instead, I ended up loving the contour brush! I still have not used the buffing brush since I bough this set a month ago but I am sure I would love it. The concealer brush I may not use because I like using the expert face brush and my miracle complexion sponge with my liquid foundation. The detailer brush I am not so keen on using as well because I never felt the need to spot conceal. And on rare instances that I do, I usually use my fingers. This is definitely worth the purchase. I love all Real Techniques brushes!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this kit to try these brushes because of the excellent reviews and they do not disappoint. They are affordable and really good quality. I like the buffing brush for applying my bb cream. I like it even more than my sigma F 80 brush and that is much to say. It is soft and applies flawlessly the foundation. The contour brush I use for applying highlight and it looks exquisite. The small detailer one I use for the inner corner of the eye. This is a must have for makeup fans everywhere.

This was the first brush set I bought by Samantha Chapman (Real Techniques) about 2/3 years ago (wow has it really been that long?). I have had these brushes a long time, they were actually the first "professional" brushes I bought when I started getting more into makeup. I bought them because I love Pixiwoo's YouTube channel and wanted to support them, but I never expected them to be of such high quality and last me so long.

The set offers you a whole host of brushes useful for doing your face (base) makeup; Buffing brush, Contour brush, Detailer brush and their Pointed Foundation brush. My most used brush has to be the Buffing brush (no surprises there as EVERYONE talks about it!). But I honestly ADORE this brush and I use it almost everyday; it's great for liquid and powder (mineral) foundation.
The Contour brush is great for contouring because you can sculpt out your cheek bones precisely, and the fact it's really fluffy and tapered offers an amazing blend. However, that being said in the recent months I have actually been using the Contour brush to set my under eye concealer - it fits perfectly in the under eye area so I definitely recommend it for applying/setting concealer there.

Okay, so I clearly love the Buffing and Contour brushes but what about the other two? The other two are brushes which I don't reach for on a daily basis, but are both of the same high quality and are amazing for their purposes.
I personally use the Pointed Foundation brush to apply concealer, I don't think it's big enough to use for foundation all over.
As for the Detailer brush I love using this to either clean up my lip line when using a liquid lipstick or love using this as a lip brush to apply a bold lip colour.

The only slight thing I can fault the brushes for is for the shedding of bristles, but then again this is ONLY VERY OCCASIONALLY. I wash my brushes every week or two (and sometimes spot clean them using micellar water in between deep cleans). Shedding of brush bristles, in my opinion, is going to happen as it's wear and tear. I have had these brushes a long time and they're still new looking because I keep them clean and in good condition. I dry them with them layed on their side off the edge of a work top so that the water can drip off...I NEVER wash my brushes and stand them upright as I think this can affect your brush quality and make the bristles fall out more frequently.

Whether you're somebody experienced in makeup or somebody looking for brushes to start your collection I HIGHLY recommend the Core Collection. It has lasted me all these years and it's still going strong - however, if anything were to happen I would DEFINITELY (no questions asked) repurchase this collection. If not only just to have the Buffing and Contour brushes. Definitely a brush set which I wouldn't go without in my collection!

Popular Makeup Brushes