CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Another product I got because of the hype and I am glad I did!!

I am NC30 and VERY oily. So I was very hesistant about trying this but it gives me a very subtle sheen and not so plastic one dimensional look. I love this product right after foundation and mineralize finish. I use this and then use my blusher and highlighter.

Did I mention how much I like the smell??

on 6/9/2011 10:46:00 AM

I am a MAC NC20-25 and I love this bronzer. I use a very high spf sunscreen in the summer, but I don't want to look like a ghost. After watching the Lisa Eldridge video and the Pixiwoo video I know I have to buy it. This bronzer gives a nice natural but heathly glow to the skin. You can build the colour up and a little goes along way. I use my MAC 134 brush with it.

on 6/8/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

it could appear a little orange if u use to much. but its a really great product. i would repurchis this everytime.

I am a neutral 20-25 and I am very happy with this product. I usually just embrace my paleness, but once in a while I love a bit of a glow. I never would have tried this, but after watching the Lisa Eldridge video (like everyone else, right?) I gave it a shot. I followed her method and voila, nice glow and no orangey look. I only use a very small amount so this will last forever. I would love if it came in a compact to make it easier to travel with. I use my mac kabuki with it.

on 5/24/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference, I'm an MAC NC 37, MUFE in #53, BB in #4.5 Warm Natural and Nars in Barcelona. This bronzer is probably 2 shades darker than my skin tone. I love it because it's not too red, orange and it doesn't look dirty on me. But just a natural gradual warmth on my cheeks and it just warms up my complexion. I like to use it when I'm on those days with light coverage base because it just looks natural and I top it off with my HG blush, the MAC gingerly. OMG the perfect glow, it just makes me look like I had a good tan on the beach. I only took off one lippie for it's packaging cos it wouldn't fix inside my makeup bag. Overall, I do love this product

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator is the old name for this product and older reviews can be found under that listing.

Love! Absolutely Love this product! I was using N.Y.C. Sunny because it too was a light bronzer with no shimmer, but I started breaking out from using it daily. When I purchased Vitalumiere Aqua I went ahead and added this to my cart and hoped for the best.

It's not a mousse or a cream, but a slightly harden cream that depending how heavily you swirl your brush on it equals to how much product you get. So very easy to get as little or as much that you personally need. I don't need that much in the winter so just a few dabs of my brush is enough in the Winter, one complete swirl enough for summer. You do need to use a brush with this product, I prefer the MAC 168 since I use this in place of blush.

Also this is a bronzer base so it will add dimension but look like you haven't really applied anything at all. So for daily use that's great, if I want to kick it up a notch I apply MAC Gold Deposit over top to get a deeper color and the highlight from the MSF.

I'm a Neutral 20-25 so depending on what I'm wearing (cloth-wise) can really determine if it will be to warm for me. I prefer to wear browns and I don't have any issues of this looking orange. But if I wear black or cooler colored clothing I start seeing the orange that some mention.

The only issue I have is the size of the container, we travel to the beach a lot in the summer and this is just to big to travel with. So after hearing that Too Faced Aqua Bunny is a dupe of this I went and picked one up. Aqua bunny is the same texture but darker and has a slight shimmer to it, for travel I'm just going to use N.Y.C. in the place of this until Chanel re-releases the small container they did in their 2009 collection.