Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Rapeseed Oil Derived), Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Derived), Dehydroacetic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate (Fruit Derived), Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum).* Certified Organic.

on 7/7/2011 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have tried many of the desert essence conditioners, but this one is the best! It really moisturizes my hair without leaving it weighted down. The key is to not use too much b/c it is very thick. It leaves my hair soft and shiny and i can use it everyday or as a mask and it works great both ways. I had forgotten to buy it for a while and really missed it - the smell is great and the consistency just what my medium, wavy hair needed.

on 7/4/2011 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is incredible. It's the best conditioner I've ever used... and I have a top layer of wavy, coarse, and now color damaged hair. It literally feels like it's sealing the cuticle when I use it. Just ordered my second tube... I'd give it 10 stars if I could. The DE Coconut shampoo, however, was nothing special, a bit drying so I gave it to my husband, who has oily hair. I use Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo instead.

Year later update -This stuff is the best... seriously. I am on my 6th tube. This is better than some high end products I've tried such as Kerastase and Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat and is more natural, and low-priced. The quality and results I get are superior regardless of the price, however. I have very thick, fine hair, that has a coarse layer near the crown. After it's been on for a couple of minutes, you can feel the texture of the hair change and become smooth and silky. This makes it nice and soft and shiny and act more like normal hair. It also works well if you leave in a little bit before rinsing, especially near the ends. For someone with less thick, coarse hair, it might be too moisturizing, but if you have hair like mine, try it- you won't be disappointed! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. The thick plastic walls of the tube it comes in, make it less flexible and hard to get that last 1/8 of a container out. I end up cutting the tube open to get the last bit, and once the tube is cut, I'm afraid of snagging/cutting my hands on the sharp plastic cut edges of the tube.

on 6/25/2011 8:19:00 PM

The best natural conditioner, ever. I am using it right after the coconut shampoo. Both products are far better than any other natural blend. Smells great, leaves my hair well moisturized, not heavy. I will keep buying them together for sure.

on 6/14/2011 1:53:00 AM

This is an amazing conditioner. Very light and very moisturizing! I've been using it for more than a month now and my hair is smooth and not frizzy and dry.

I use it in combination with Desert Essence's Tea Tree Replenishing Shampoo. I think that its a perfect balance. :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I enjoy this product. Paired with the shampoo my hair has remained soft; the ends are not at all crunchy and I haven't experienced a weird buildup or anything like that. Coconut fragrance isn't something I care for all that much, but this version is tolerable. Several people have told me that they like how it smells. I like how it feels.

Also, as someone with very bad eyesight, I appreciate that the tube for the conditioner has dark pink highlights and the tube for the shampoo has green. That helps make the packaging user friendly.