Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Rapeseed Oil Derived), Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Derived), Dehydroacetic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate (Fruit Derived), Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum).* Certified Organic.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If you're scent sensitive, i recommend not to buy this product. I suffer from migraine headaches for about a year and coconut scent is sometimes a trigger or it makes my pain worse. I used to use this product when my hair needed protein and quite like it. Beside the scent it's a good natural product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this. When I first used it, I liked it. But over time I realized that it didn't do much for my hair. So I just keep it at my boyfriends house, but I try to not use it, because I think personally that it makes my hair more dry. Smells good, though.

on 6/21/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Made my hair feel like straw and oily at the same time.

I gave it one lippy because it is making a great body wash and works well for shaving.

I use the Dessert Essence Coconut Shampoo and I absolutely love it. I was wanting to try the conditioner along with it, however they were completely sold out! People love this stuff! I finally got my hands on this conditioner. Best Natural Shampoo and Conditioner! It performs like those fancy salon products, but without all the silicones and chemicals. I find if you leave it on for 2 or more minutes your hair continues to get softer. Such a wonderful conditioner!
It can be purchased at health foods stores and online. I would recommend this conditioner and this entire line of hair products to everyone who wants to have healthy shiny hair without the use the harmful chemicals that cause hair loss and other undesirable consequences!

Overal superb! Give it a go!

on 3/18/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Makes my hair really shiny and soft. It was easy to distribute through my thick hair, which usually isnt the case with natural products. Ive also tried their tea tree shampoo, which lathered SO well for a sulfate-free product. However, I had to stop using it because I dyed my hair again and it states right on the bottle that tea tree will strip color treated hair. Now, I'm going to go buy the coconut shampoo and see how that works for me. But, you definitely will not be dissapointed with the coconut conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has made my dry, damaged, unruly hair much more soft, healthy, and straight. I even had people comment on how nice my hair looked and ask if I did something to it (nope, just regular shampoo and this conditioner).

I also like that it is cruelty free and made from natural ingredients, and smells amazing (and the smell lasts a little bit on the hair). Now I want to try the shampoo from the same line.

on 1/8/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my HG conditioner! Picture me, wild untamed curled biracial girl, striving to finally find a conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down, that untangles my mane in a sec and that is nourishing! This product does it and smells heavenly, like you're in a tropical island. So dirt cheap and I will never turn back to another product from now on!Get 5$ (below total amount of 40$) to 10$ (when you reach 40$) off your first Iherb.com order with code EME922.

I bought this product after reading reviews on several blogs. It is a less messy alternative to massaging coconut oil into your hair. It smells pleasant, it has a nice consistency. Applied on half of the hair length, it does not make the hair greasy. It is not as nourishing as it claims to be. For the price, it is worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

What an amazing conditioner. Not only does it work well, but it smells absolutely divine (like fresh coconut). I used this after I washed my hair to revive it from being super dry and it worked like a charm. I also used it to rinse out my henna and it made my hair sooo soft/moisturized. I would even say this acts as a deep conditioner on my hair- it's that good and the price is right as well. No silicones either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair is to my lower back, straightish, finely-textured, and very thick. I have a normal scalp, while the ends of my hair tend to get dry if neglected. I also use henna regularly.

I bought this conditioner on sale for $4 and am very glad I did. It keeps my hair adequately moisturized without overdoing it. The texture is light but creamy and a little goes a long way. I definitely have an easier time with detangling after I use this stuff, plus I have less trouble with frizz. I like to use this as a regular conditioner, a leave-in, or a deep treatment. The scent is very pleasant and I have gotten compliments on it, but it is quite strong and it will linger in my hair for days and days until I need to wash my hair again.

Ever since Garnier added silicone to their Triple Nutrition conditioner, I have been worried about finding a replacement and this fits the job.

PROS:
- Light, creamy texture
- A little goes a long way
- Moisturizing (but not what I'd call super-moisturizing
- Pleasant scent
- Nice packaging
- Good multipurpose product (leave-in, deep treatment, regular conditioner)
- No silicone
- Natural ingredients

CONS:
- The scent is very strong