NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/25/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because HD foundation is usually great for flash photography, eg nights out! The positive reviews on here persuaded me to purchase, and I got the foundation dirt cheap on Ebay.

I bought it in shades 01 and 03. 01 is very pale which is suited to my skin tone, but it makes my face look ghostly in photos! If I mix it with 03 photos come out better but still a little sickly. This is NOT high definition foundation, it is reflective and therefore awful for photography.

At first the texture seemed fine but now that I use this foundation more often (my beloved L'Oreal True Match ran out) I've noticed that it comes out of the bottle in a lumpy, not very smooth consistency. I can't apply it with my Sigma Sigmax kabuki brushes because it is a weird, oily texture, so it looks streaky and is REALLY hard to build up. I tried it with my hands and it was the same. I always use with primer that has worked with other foundations.

Awful product, never buying ever again.

on 6/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I have blackheads on my nose which rise a bit higher then the rest of my skin (so annoying and embarrassing) But this foundation literally BLURS them from focus. I was driving in my car on a sunny day, and looked at myself in my car mirror, and WOW, I glowed, and my skin really did look blurred, in an airbrushed form. I never had any foundation look this way on my skin before (and i've tried many) The coverage is light to medium, I wouldn't say it covers dark circles, spots, or blemishes, but I use a concealer so it's ok. It has a floral smell to it that doesn't bother me. I really LOVE this foundation and i'm actually saving it for special occasions and dates. :) Only issue I have with it is the packaging - it is a bit cheap. The entire thing is plastic, and my pump got stuck a few times, but I'll deal with it. The product is great. The price is about $15 dollars i believe, but I got mine for $10. WORTH IT.

on 6/19/2012 10:34:00 PM

I'd been looking for a somewhat inexpensive foundation that photographed well, was kind to my dry skin, and went on without looking too cakey. I have to say this NYX HD foundation fit the bill!
The first couple of times I applied it (with the ELF flat top powder brush), it didn't really have that airbrushed look I was going for. For the heck of it I tried the ELF blush brush and it worked perfectly! I got the flawless look with just 1 pump so I'm not using a ton of product to cover my face.
It still looked great after a day of running around doing errands in the heat, and I would definitely buy it again.

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an AMAZINGGG product, as everyone else on this page has mentioned. I use Soft Beige, because I'm fair but not pale. It blends SOO WELL, I noticed that right off the bat. It lasts for a very long time, considering I have VERY OILY SKIN. If your looking for an oil stopping foundation, this may not be the one for you, because I still needed powder, however it worked well with powder and I was fine! It gave my skin medium coverage which is perfect. Oddly, my skin has looked ten times better WITHOUT MAKEUP now then it ever has, even though this isnt geared towards helping acne. I had little acne marks and this seemingly took them away, I'm not sure why, but it's my miracle product. Go for it :)

on 4/29/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation! My HG foundation is Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse but at $42 a pop and no pump I found myself looking for a cheaper replacement. Its not exactly the same but I love it none the less! The coverage is medium but very buildable on me. There is no SPF so it photographs just lovely. There are no shimmers yet it gives my skin a dewy look which is what I love about my Nars. The best part is it comes with a pump!

I got it from Ulta. The cost is normally $14.99 however, they had a buy one get one 50%off sale & I had a coupon for $3.50 off. I picked up 2 bottles (1.26 oz each btw) in the shade natural beige 06 for $20!! It matches perfectly! I tried Revlon Photoready...I looked like a glittery HOT MESS and NONE of the colors worked for my shade. I am an NC42 and sometimes NC44 for reference. Ladies (and some of my fashionable guys) don't sleep on this one! It's definitely a keeper ;-)

THIS HD FOUNDATION IS THE BEST! for 3 years ive been using maybelline gel foundation and i wanted to try revlon photoready because of the coverage but it was so expensive so i bought this and it waaaaas soooo BEAUTIFUL! the shade i bought was a bit darker so what i do is to top it off with press powder and it is so lovely. HIGHLY recommended. i have oily skin, acne prone large pores, white heads, you name it! but this was the best full coverage for me. i still use my gel foundation from maybelline because its so light and natural but this nyx is just the thing! i hoped i helped. in te philippnes it just costs around 650 pesos compare to revlon of 900+++ pesos.

on 4/19/2012 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My ulta just got in a bunch more Nyx products than they used to have and I perused them because I've always liked the makeup on their website. I've been looking for a foundation for a long time, it's very hard to find one that matches my skin at a reasonable price because I'm pale as a ghost! well I saw they had testers of this foundation at the store so I tried out 01 on my hand, and it matched so perfectly and the price was reasonable, I bought it! it's great so far, it matches me perfect, gives great semi-sheer coverage just to even out my skin! It's a tad bit yellowish compared to my skin but I'm super pink naturally so Iike getting a clear canvas to put blush/bronzer on. It does have a very dewy finish which is nice if you have dry skin, but most of my face is quite oily so I like to set it with my mac powder.

on 4/9/2012 8:36:00 PM

Ulta had 40% off of NYX cosmetics this weekend, so I picked up this foundation for around $8 (which is amazing in my opinion). I chose color 03 in Natural. Right now, I am a little tanner than usual, and this seriously matches my complexion perfectly. Not too yellow, pink, or whatever other color could possibly be a base. It really is perfect. If you are looking for a foundation that covers everything and is thick/heavy, then this is not the foundation for you. However, I only need light/medium coverage. This foundation is perfect for that. I spread it on with my fingers and it perfectly evens out my skin tone and leaves my skin appearing dewy and moist. It lets some of my natural freckles I get from the sun come through slightly, so my face looks natural; not like I pancaked on a ton of foundation which just always looks awful in my opinion. I do have oily skin, and this doesn't do anything for that, so unfortunately I will need to keep my powder compact on me for about 4 hours later when I start to see shine. However, this is inevitable with any foundation if you have oily skin. I was going to buy Makeup Forever HD foundation, and I am not comparing the two since I have never tried Makeup Forever's foundation. But for the price, I'll continue buying NYX. If something happens to it, I won't cry over $8. I would cry, however, if something happened to a $40 Makeup Forever foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for over two weeks now and really like this foundation. It gives a flawless finish when buffed in with a dense brush. (I usually use an Eco Tools blush brush) bought in sand beige which is perfect for me! It does not help with my oily skin but the coverage and finish are nice so I just powder over it. Lasts pretty well too, I work 12 hr shifts and still looks nice when I get off work. For the price you can't beat this foundation!