NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after reading the glowing review on here. This is actually a decent foundation. For ref, I am an NC35 in PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310 +330 in Rev CS. I have supremely oily skin and live in a hot and humid climate where on any given day the temp could reach to at least 38-40 degrees. I have an asian yellow undertone
Coverage: This gives a light and true medium coverage and buildable without being cakey. Building is not a problem as it stays somewhat satiny like and doesnt give the mask like effect. You can skip concealer with this, once you've built it up quite a bit. gives a satiny finish.
Shade: It has a good range of shade, but dont be fool by the shade number. I initially got this in Shade 4, thinking its darker than shade 3. But unfortunately i was mistaken. Shade four is lighter than shade 3. Shade 4 has a yellow undertone while shade 3 has a pinky undertone.Anyhow, shade 3 is a good match for me albeit having pinky undertone. Once blended, the undertone was not so obvious.
Texture: Texture isnt thick and isnt runny. Nicely done in the middle, spreads evenly and quite easy to blend and doesnt dry too quickly. Giving you time to blend in properly. I find applying this with fingers or F80 sigmax gives off the most airbrushed and full cover look.
Reaction: No break outs so far.
Wear time: This is the down fall/down side of this foundation. This is all round a great foundation but the wear time sucks. at least on my oily skin, by 3pm (applying it around 7 am), this would have started to disintegrate-meaning by the 8th hour all my acne scars are showing through like i didnt wear any foundation at all. In short, this probably would work so much better for someone with normal/dry skin. Oily skin, not so much..The good part is that it doesnt oxidize on me, stays true to color throughout the day.Doesnt control oil that well, have to blot on the 2nd third hour of wearing.
Packaging and Price: Packaging is nice, comes with a pump, and it dispenses just the right amount of product without being wasteful. Comes in a plastic bottle. Price is pretty expensive plus shipping for a drugstore product.

All in all a pretty decent foundation,would work much better for normal/dry skin...very oily gals should skip this...

on 8/20/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

We just got a NYX rack at the beauty supply store I work at and I have been told I'm glowing by so many people after using this! I've tried it in combination with the primers.

Does't make skin any oilier,
Smooth application,
Sheer but buildable, covers discoloration,
Gives a glowing look with a bit of sheer powder on top

More like a TM with a single application,
Not as long lasting as I'd like.

Edit: I have a 50% discount, so this would be worth it for me to buy. However, there are better foundations for cheaper at the drugstore, especially Revlon CS Whipped and CG 3-in-1 for those of us blessed with oily skin.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very happy with my new NYX HD foundation. I already had this foundation in sand beige, but I ordered it in warm sand as well this time. According to the NYX shade list, warm sand is three shades darker than sand beige. But the difference is really in the undertone. Warm sand has strong yellow undertones, while sand beige is more neutral and just slightly yellow. Sand beige is also a bit lighter, of course, but both sand beige and warm sand blend in perfectly with my own skin tone. My skin is fairly yellow, so Iím very happy with this new shade. It also makes me look slightly tanned. I like!

on 8/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

I was excited about this at first, giddy in fact, after discovering the new NYX products at Ulta last summer. Judging from its packaging, name and formula, it's an intended dupe for MUFE HD foundation, and while that one is not my favorite foundation, I like this one even less. Maybe it's just my skin type, which is dry and very fair (not to mention over 35). A lot of people seem to like it very much, which just shows what I always say about foundation; it's personal preference and very subjective.
My gripes were 1) color (the lightest one is a tad too dark and then oxidizes within an hour 2) texture (a little too flat for me) and 3) lasting power (gone within two hours on me). I would also add as a footnote that it doesn't have enough coverage, but I think this is really more an issue of texture, color, and longevity than of coverage alone. There are many foundations, TMs, and BB Cremes with lighter coverage that I like, but those tend to have the right finish--semi-matte, semi-dewy, or dewy-- and color (light enough and with little or no color change due to oxidation). Finally, no foundation, regardless of how well it covers at first, will serve its purpose if gone within an hour.
Don't let a less-than-positive review dissuade you, though. This is affordable, widely available, well packaged, and has gotten love from scores of people. Some of my all-time favorite foundations have been dissed in countless reviews, so again, it's a matter of the individual.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've use this foundation everyday for about 4 months now. My skin type is dry but since it's summer, it transitioned itself to combination. I'm NC 25/NC30 and I got the shade 04 Sand Beige and the match is perfect! The first few months of using this, I loved it. It was HG status. The finish was radiant, I looked healthy and natural. Coverage was light-medium. One of the reasons I bought this was because it had a pump however, it broken within 2 weeks. However, since summer started the finish of the foundation seemed to change for me. It's a lot more matte and dull on me which kind of confused me since my face is more oily than usual. I've used up about half the bottle and I'm going to finish using up the rest. I probably would buy this again because I have this thought in the back of my mind that if I buy it again the finish will be radiant again but at the same time, I like trying new foundations.

on 7/23/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i love this foundation, it gives you a radiant glow and looks like a second skin, and even lasts pretty well too! i set it with the nyx hd powder foundation for a little extra coverage since it is pretty light coverage. only reason i didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because the lightest shade is a bit too pink for me,but the nyx powder i use over it is pretty yellow so it balances it out.

As for it being flash friendly, i don't think so. since it has light reflecting particles, while it makes your face look luminous,also reflects flash (as most foundations do). But for HD film or outdoor/non flash photography i would highly recommend it especially for the price!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my new and favorite foundation! It has great coverage (I only need light-medium coverage) and usually lasts a whole 8 hour work day. I set this foundation with NYX Matte Powder Foundation and it gives me a flawless finish. I usually only need about 1/2-1 pump. I hope NYX never discontinues this line of HD foundation, it's amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I was pretty committed to my Smashbox 15-hour but have a hard time putting the expensive stuff on when I know I'm just running to the grocery store or something. I read the positive reviews here and decided to just get it and am so glad I did. I bought this several months ago and have almost completely stopped wearing the Smashbox 15-hour - this NYX really is a lot better! I am NC25-NC30 and wear Sand Beige. The coverage is amazing - I apply with a damp sponge and can layer the results if I need to. The consistency is very spreadable but the coverage on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation is like that of a traditional foundation. My skin really does look nicer in photography, too - very smooth and even. When I get a new ULTA coupon I will likely go buy a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd, bottle.

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.