NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I loved how this foundation made my face look, it's not full coverage by any means and it smells really weird (plastic-y?!) but I see why it's an HD foundation. It's also the best match foundation I've ever found (I got number 07, am around an NC45)............. But it broke me out :( even using a primer, etc. no-go, will return to Ulta!

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.

on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM

Pleasantly surprised by this product. It provided great coverage and stayed all day. Applied over primer and set with mineral powder. Will definitely purchase again.

I'm a little surprised at all the low ratings for this product. I'm in love with this stuff and use it just about everyday. I'm in the lightest shade, 001 nude, and it matches my skin beautifully. The coverage, I'd say is probably light to medium, more medium in my opinion but deffinately buildable. I have combination skin and I don't feel as though it grabs on to any of my dry patches and it doesn't leave me super oily as I tend to get in my t-zone. The finish is semi matte, which is awesome because I feel as though after I apply this my skin still looks like skin an not cakey or greasy. I use a primer underneath and use a flat top brush to stipple it on and then blend it out with little circles. I set my t-zone with a power as I always do with anything I use and I feel as though it covers most of my acne scarring and discoloration. I'm quite happy with this. I do highly recommend this for people looking for a light to medium coverage foundation.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This left my face looking chalky right off the bat, & after a few hours it had completely faded off and/or cracked in patches. For the record, I put this on my freshly washed & exfoliated face after following up with moisturizer AND Smashbox foundation primer. I had high hopes for this as a MUFE dupe, but it doesn't even come close. NYX is amazing at making high quality dupes, but this foundation is not one of their better ones. Don't waste your money.

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday foundation. The lightest shade (Nude) is an excellent match for my very pale, yellow undertone (think NC5-10/Nars Siberia/L'Oreal W1) skin. It's one of the few "drugstore" foundations in existence that's light enough for me without being too pink. Coverage is light to medium, and I find it easily buildable to medium with no caking. It doesn't cover all blemishes but it does cancel mild redness on my cheeks. One pump is enough for light coverage, another half pump if I want more coverage in problem areas. You're never going to get flawless coverage with this unless you already have excellent skin -- this foundation's strength is in a natural, everyday look.

It doesn't oxidize on me, doesn't pool in my large-ish pores, doesn't break me out. It doesn't contain sunscreen, which I love because I prefer to do that as a separate step. I've never noticed a scent and I'm usually very sensitive to scented products. This foundation's worst (maybe only) fault is its staying power. I can get 4, maybe 5 hours of wear before fading becomes noticeable. Primer helps. Recently I've been using it over Tarte's new BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair, which is a little on the pink side but it doubles the wear time and gives a slight coverage boost. One other thing: I don't like the way my pressed powders look with this foundation. (Maybe it doesn't like the talc, and really, who can blame it?) I suggest a loose finishing powder instead -- e.l.f. Studio HD powder pairs beautifully with this. If using a talc-based powder with this foundation, use a fluffy brush and a very light hand.

on 2/1/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I remember reading reviews for this and running to a local store that sells some NYX products and couldn't find this on the shelf and asked the lady when they're getting it in and she said they won't be getting it. Oh the perks of being from South Africa.... fast forward a year or so and I finally had the opportunity as I got a Amazon gift card and first thing to come up was MAKE-UP of course and then this product came to mind and it was decided that i'd get it.For the price (if converted to my currency) it seemed like a bargain.

It arrived after 2 weeks and I was quite impressed by how slick the bottle is. It came with a pump and I have it in Soft Beige Color match was perfect! It was my first time buying foundation online so of course I was a bit terrified but match was good. Now on to the actual foundation...

The coverage wasn't so great for me. This was the first thing I noticed when applying. Note, I don't ever use my fingers/hands though to apply foundation. I either use a stippling brush or my beauty blender sponge. I had to go over my face three times to feel "okay" about my face. It seemed to blend smoothly though and wasn't difficult to work with. But to me the big letdown came with the finish. I hated it. I didn't like how it made my face look afterwards. I wouldn't say it made my face look dry but it just didn't have a "wow" finish like I'd get with some of my other foundations. Lasting power on this foundation also sucks. It starts to fade quickly and after a few hours it looks like I practically never put anything on it. In hot weather it also oxidized on my skin and my nose went really oily.

As for it's photogenic HD claims. I can't vouch for this. I didn't notice a particular difference. In fact I don't buy into all these hd claims. I've used a hd powder before and it made my face look far WORSE than better on camera. I wouldn't buy this again. It didn't work and for the hassle to get it for me it would be stupid to waste money on it again.

on 1/27/2013 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Depending on what your needs are, this is actually a pretty good foundation. It blends well and has good coverage. My problem with it is that it's probably a little heavier than I really need and even when I pressed in my setting powder with a puff, it still looked very cakey for some reason. It's still my backup foundation, but I find that I don't have the cakeyness problem with UD's Naked Skin weightless ultra definition.

The packaging with this NYX foundation is really good. The pump is cleaner and a little bit goes a long way. The size is great for traveling. I don't really notice a problem with oxidizing that I guess some people have, but I also use a setting powder and setting spray, so if you're having a problem with that maybe using those things will help.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to people like me who don't need anything more than light coverage to even out redness. But, for people who want a solid medium coverage foundation and don't mind working out the cakeyness issues, I'd definitely recommend trying this out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a very oily skin and yet, this foundation works amazingly well. Don't think that this control oil, this is not what this product is for. If you have oily skin or very oily skin you'll get shiny, difference is that you won't get more shinier than what expected with no makeup on your face.

This foundation is easy to apply, it blends very well and the color is the perfect match for me (Natural 03). I have acne scarring, undereye circles and fine lines around the eyes so this foundation being light-medium coverage doesn't cover any of those problems. I have to use concealer and proper blending to correct those issues but I rather use this foundation than a matte/full-coverage foundation and because being the perfect color match my pores aren't visible. After applying this I use a tissue to absorb the oil that this foundation has in its formula, then I use setting powder (Palladio rice loose powder in Translucent) and that make the trick. It lasts 3 hours without blotting and lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks where I have normal skin.

Revlon's Color Stay or Estee Lauder's Double Wear are supposed to work better on oily skins and they do if you like matte long lasting finish; on me those foundations look okay but not as natural as this one. My face looks healthier with a slight dewy look without looking oily.

I would repurchase for sure. The only warning is that this foundation sets on fine lines so be sure to blend and set with a translucent powder.