NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

on 8/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

I was excited about this at first, giddy in fact, after discovering the new NYX products at Ulta last summer. Judging from its packaging, name and formula, it's an intended dupe for MUFE HD foundation, and while that one is not my favorite foundation, I like this one even less. Maybe it's just my skin type, which is dry and very fair (not to mention over 35). A lot of people seem to like it very much, which just shows what I always say about foundation; it's personal preference and very subjective.
My gripes were 1) color (the lightest one is a tad too dark and then oxidizes within an hour 2) texture (a little too flat for me) and 3) lasting power (gone within two hours on me). I would also add as a footnote that it doesn't have enough coverage, but I think this is really more an issue of texture, color, and longevity than of coverage alone. There are many foundations, TMs, and BB Cremes with lighter coverage that I like, but those tend to have the right finish--semi-matte, semi-dewy, or dewy-- and color (light enough and with little or no color change due to oxidation). Finally, no foundation, regardless of how well it covers at first, will serve its purpose if gone within an hour.
Don't let a less-than-positive review dissuade you, though. This is affordable, widely available, well packaged, and has gotten love from scores of people. Some of my all-time favorite foundations have been dissed in countless reviews, so again, it's a matter of the individual.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very happy with my new NYX HD foundation. I already had this foundation in sand beige, but I ordered it in warm sand as well this time. According to the NYX shade list, warm sand is three shades darker than sand beige. But the difference is really in the undertone. Warm sand has strong yellow undertones, while sand beige is more neutral and just slightly yellow. Sand beige is also a bit lighter, of course, but both sand beige and warm sand blend in perfectly with my own skin tone. My skin is fairly yellow, so I’m very happy with this new shade. It also makes me look slightly tanned. I like!

on 8/20/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

We just got a NYX rack at the beauty supply store I work at and I have been told I'm glowing by so many people after using this! I've tried it in combination with the primers.

Pros:
Does't make skin any oilier,
Smooth application,
Sheer but buildable, covers discoloration,
Gives a glowing look with a bit of sheer powder on top

Cons:
More like a TM with a single application,
Not as long lasting as I'd like.

Edit: I have a 50% discount, so this would be worth it for me to buy. However, there are better foundations for cheaper at the drugstore, especially Revlon CS Whipped and CG 3-in-1 for those of us blessed with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after reading the glowing review on here. This is actually a decent foundation. For ref, I am an NC35 in PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310 +330 in Rev CS. I have supremely oily skin and live in a hot and humid climate where on any given day the temp could reach to at least 38-40 degrees. I have an asian yellow undertone
Coverage: This gives a light and true medium coverage and buildable without being cakey. Building is not a problem as it stays somewhat satiny like and doesnt give the mask like effect. You can skip concealer with this, once you've built it up quite a bit. gives a satiny finish.
Shade: It has a good range of shade, but dont be fool by the shade number. I initially got this in Shade 4, thinking its darker than shade 3. But unfortunately i was mistaken. Shade four is lighter than shade 3. Shade 4 has a yellow undertone while shade 3 has a pinky undertone.Anyhow, shade 3 is a good match for me albeit having pinky undertone. Once blended, the undertone was not so obvious.
Texture: Texture isnt thick and isnt runny. Nicely done in the middle, spreads evenly and quite easy to blend and doesnt dry too quickly. Giving you time to blend in properly. I find applying this with fingers or F80 sigmax gives off the most airbrushed and full cover look.
Reaction: No break outs so far.
Wear time: This is the down fall/down side of this foundation. This is all round a great foundation but the wear time sucks. at least on my oily skin, by 3pm (applying it around 7 am), this would have started to disintegrate-meaning by the 8th hour all my acne scars are showing through like i didnt wear any foundation at all. In short, this probably would work so much better for someone with normal/dry skin. Oily skin, not so much..The good part is that it doesnt oxidize on me, stays true to color throughout the day.Doesnt control oil that well, have to blot on the 2nd third hour of wearing.
Packaging and Price: Packaging is nice, comes with a pump, and it dispenses just the right amount of product without being wasteful. Comes in a plastic bottle. Price is pretty expensive plus shipping for a drugstore product.

All in all a pretty decent foundation,would work much better for normal/dry skin...very oily gals should skip this...

on 8/26/2012 2:55:00 PM

Pros ~ great packaging, buildable coverage, dose NOT cause break outs, nice rang of colors, great concistancy, great staying power when used with primer!

Cons ~ I seriously can't think of one!!!

I have been using this for the last year! What can I say... Luv, Luv, Luv!! I use this foundation with the HD Studio Photo primer. I find you can get different levels of coverage depending on what you apply it with. Sponge = light/med and Brush = med/full. I use a brush and set it with the HD grinding powder. The biggest bonous for me is it does not cause breakouts! I have tried a lot of different lines... I the drugstore category this is the only one I will use! I really like the constancy of this foundation as well. It not to thick and it's not to runny. It's right in the middle which gives you plenty of time to work with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

One word: Horrible!! Just plain horrble. This foundation does not work for my skin at all. It looks beyond cakey and patchy. Also within a few minutes the color oxidizes like crazy. Waste of money for me :-(((

on 9/27/2012 12:15:00 PM

So I REALLY wanted to love this foundation. I was so excited to finally get my shade in as Ulta was always sold out. I generally have a 3 strike policy. I want to give something enough chances to see how it really works. First let's start with the packaging. I love it, finally someone paid attention and gave us a pump on the bottle. Most companies can't recognize this as something all women agree on. The conveniece and ease of the packaging was, unfortantly, the best part. The foundation went on streaky no matter what techniuqe I used to apply it. It settled into fine lines and wrinkeles even with primers. The worst part was after I wore it for a while it began to oxidize and change colors turning it into a orange tinted color which looked HORRIBLE. I usually love NYX and they have the best lipglosses on the market, but seriously, their foundation need as much much attention and work to live up to the level of good products we all have come to appreciate with NYX.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

No matter how I tried to thin this out, this product goes on thick and gives you that 'made up' face. While the finish is beautiful, it's not very natural. It's thick and feels somewhat heavy. I noticed that I sweated more than normal when wearing it. It also doesn't hold up well against oily skin and I don't like how easily it transfers on to clothes, scarves, other people, etc..

The colors I used were 2 parts Warm Sand and 1 part California Tan. The initial look was immaculate. It's the practicality of the product that was the problem. The pump is convenient, the size of the jar for the price was phenomenal! But it's not long lasting and it feels "heavy"...that's the only way I can describe how it feels. It felt as if my skin was suffocating.

I would probably wear this to take pictures, but then go home and wash it right off. I also don't see myself wearing this for everyday use. I gave it a 3 because of the coverage it provides for a liquid...but aside from that, I don't like it.

on 10/26/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: looks really natural like skin (don't like foundation that looks like a mask). It blends well and has a light-medium(ish) coverage which I don't mind since I use concealer for problem areas. Does not break me out (which is amazing since most things do). I really love this foundation after i apply my skin looks very healthy and clear. I recently repurchased to use for my wedding day (looked good in photos but to light) The price is around 15.00$ to me which is not bad considering you are getting 1.24oz of product vs. most foundations that are 1.0oz (including MUFE HD which is $42!)

Cons: color range is terrible I get the lightest shade and have to add the tiniest amount of the Cargo tinted moisturizer that is alot of shades darker to match my skin tone which I don't mind because I think the mixture leaves an even better finish. The only other things that I dont really care for is that the packaging is opaque so you can't tell how much foundation you have left (& my Ulta is ALWAYS sold out) and sometimes the pump gets stuck. However this is a great foundation for everyday