NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

edit: found that this slightly oxidizes on me. :/ so knocking it down a lippie for that. also, i've found that this applies best with a stippling brush.
let me start this review off by saying that this is my first foundation. so technically, i'm a newbie to this stuff. but i think i've read/watched enough reviews/guides to know what i'm looking for in a foundation. and while NYX HD foundation isn't perfect, it is pretty damn good.
the shade i got, 04 Sand Beige, is a perfect match! well, actually, it's a liiiiittle bit lighter than my face, but it perfectly matched my neck and chest, which was what i was going for. however, i was lucky to be able to find a color match. i'm pretty disappointed in NYX's color range for this foundation. there are no shades available for people on the lighter and darker side of the spectrum. also, even if you do find a shade that's your color, it may end up being the wrong undertone for you. thankfully, Sand Beige is very yellow-toned indeed, so it matches me just right.
the coverage is pretty good as well. it's light-to-medium, i'd say, definitely buildable. i keep it at a light coverage though. i like that it has a light coverage, so that i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask/can let my skin breathe. keep in mind that i'm only using foundation to even out my skintone, not to cover up any significant scars/acne/etc. so if that's what you're looking for, this foundation may not offer enough coverage.
the finish is good, just not what i was expecting. i expected it to be dewier! on me, the finish is almost matte, but not quite, with a little bit of sheen on my forehead and cheekbones (it isn't greasy looking, it just looks like i'm naturally glowy, which is cool). it does make my skin look pretty flawless though!
the wear is good. i went through the entire school day without it wearing one bit. of course, almost everything has a longer wear time on me because my skin is so dry.
the ONE thing i didn't like is that, if i'm not careful when applying, the foundation makes my forehead look flakey, which is a bummer. it doesn't do this on the rest of my face, just my forehead!
so yeah. this was my first experience with foundation, and i must say i'm pretty pleased! this was my first day wearing it, so i can't be sure if it will break me out or not. if it does, i'll update this review. i don't think it will, as i don't have sensitive skin. so far, everything seems good! it's definitely worth the money i paid for it ($11.99 on cherryculture). if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation that will look good in pictures, this is a good bet!

on 12/24/2011 4:53:00 PM

i bought this in sand beige, and it works well, although it is a tad bit too dark for me..so i will go a shade lighter next time. my only complaint is it is only sold online so you cant color match. it covers well and looks excellent in pictures.

on 1/21/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to replace my MUFE HD foundation which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I ordered it for $13 on ebay, and couldn't be happier with my decision to try NYX's budget-friendly version! The lightest shade, HDFO1 ("Nude") is definitely too dark for my NW10/15 skin, but it mixes well with my Manic Panic White Foundation to create the perfect shade. I am thinking of adding the white foundation to the bottle (you can unscrew the pump! very cool), but for now I just mix a dab of the white with a pump of the NYX HD and stipple it on with a brush. I'll apply it with my fingertips if I'm in a rush, and it looks great that way too. If I don't set with a powder the finish will start to look oily after a few hours of wear, but the coverage is still there, and any flakiness I might have doesn't seem to show through. I really love this foundation for my acne/combination skin as it doesn't seem to break me out like Revlon Colorstay, and it plays well with any little bumps or dry patches you might have due to an acne treatment regimen. Used with a setting powder or a pressed powder touch it does the job for me! I would repurchase.

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

on 2/8/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This looks glowy and beautiful, but it oxidizes and gets darker the longer I have it on. Also it does feel slightly heavy/ tight on my skin. I dont like that feeling. I like my foundations to feel dry. This feels creamy on me and takes forever to dry and mesh with my skin. For the price, it's really nice. I still prefer my Laura Mercier Oil-free or Revlon Color stay over this.

on 2/19/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in extremely dry and I've been having troubles finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate that. I saw this online and took a chance by ordering the lightest shade (Nude 01), I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this shade fit me almost perfectly (maybe just a smidgen too light).

I wear this foundation without a primer and apply it with a flat top brush and it blends easily into the skin, cancels any redness, hides small pimples and best of all makes my skin look healthy with a semi-matte finish without clinging on to my dry patches! Due to my dry skin I don't set it with a powder, but it still stays put for roughly 10 hrs, which I find impressive! As an added bonus your skin will look fan-friggin-tastic on photographs when you wear this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Nc25 in Mac - 04 is my exact match in Nyx hd foundation. Love it!!! So flawless and lightweight. Blends right into my skin I use a stippling brush!

Amazing foundation for 15$ !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

THANK YOU NYX! I use this along with the NYX HD primer and the results... my skin looks flawless, poreless, and beautiful! Cancels redness and pimples. The HD concealer is amazing, too. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to fake flawless skin without looking cakey, flakey, or overall gross. Looks very natural, but again, flawless. Dunno how you did it, NYX, but I am very impressed. Can't wait to go purchase the rest of the HD line.