Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 4/30/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This Hydro Boost gel isn't great for my skin after all. With repeated use, I started to break out and get small whiteheads. It blocks my pores. I just stopped using it and won't be repurchasing it again.

My new favorite moisturizer. It came out of nowhere. I saw the packaging and thought this stuff has to be good so I just paid it and it was so worth it. I have combo skin. Tried the types of moisturizers: - for oily skin - for combo - rose water - glycerin + water (+rose water sometimes) - a dupe to this (drugstore) - vaseline - coconut oil. Nothing of these convinced me to repurchase or reuse them as moisturizers. This one will be my first choice for spring/summer because it feels to refreshing, you think you just took it from the fridge. I feel good after application. My skin feels hydrated, fresh and prepared for makeup. I could skip primer with this since I use silicone based foundations (yes, this moisturizer is basically just silicone, too) but I always want to be in the safe side. Overall, give it a try. You need not much as usual (I only can speak for combo skin, though).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product looking for a gel that wouldn't be heavy on my very oily skin... It delivers good moisturise, feels lovely and cool on skin and sinks in right away... but as the day went on I very quickly got oily and this did nothing to mattify. Also the packaging is pretty unhygienic, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/27/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**EDIT: Ok, I didn't know there were 2 versions of this when I first reviewed it. I originally reviewed this after purchasing the one for "Extra Dry" skin. Now, I have and use both, but the Extra Dry one is much better imo. I've moved my original review over to the right product page, so the following is for this formula.**

This formula definitely has a smell, and I won't be purchasing it again. The smell dissipates really fast, but I hate it. Sometimes, when my skin is irritated already, it just makes things worse and my face feels like it's on fire for a few seconds. Weirdly, unlike most products that do that, or cause irritation on their own, the feeling goes away after a few seconds and within a couple of minutes my skin feels totally normal.

I hate the jar packaging of both versions of this product, but I love the one for extra dry skin enough to look past that issue.

The only thing I really like about this product is how smooth is goes on. No tugging, no excessive rubbing, it just glides on and absorbs into my skin pretty quickly. However, unlike the Extra Dry formula, sometimes I need to add more of this because it just doesn't moisturize enough.It might be ok (if it didn't have the smell) for summer, but definitely not winter, at least for me.

I'd say this is overall just a mediocre product, and I don't recommend it.

on 3/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Pros:
- Relatively inexpensive
- Makes skin feel smooth
- Smells nice

Cons:
- Strong fragrance could be irritating to sensitive skin
- Caused breakouts
- Unhygienic packaging

on 3/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was so disappointed in trying this gel. The label claims to quench my skin and keep it looking smooth and supple and hydrated day after day. This is simple NOT true. My skin was dry a scaly, had patches of dry flakes in my cheeks under the yes and on my for head, I didn't want to spend so money for it to begin with. Its pretty color, feels cool and easy to apply, but that's all it does. The name Neutrogena is suppose to be a trust worthy company and product, but not on this one.

on 3/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am so disappointed that this product did not work for me. I have oily skin that is a little drier in the winter, but I still never have flaking skin. I used this product for one month and my forehead began to get dry and flaky. I was so confused as to what it was, I thought maybe my foundation is getting old. Then one day I wore it alone, with no makeup or any other products and I realized that it wasn't my skin that was dry! The product itself was literally flaking off my skin!!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else and I kept trying to make it work, because surely I can't be the only person out of THOUSANDS that this product doesn't work for. But alas I am.

If you have oily skin and all of a sudden start getting dry patches after using this product, please know it's the product flaking off your skin, not dry skin.

Looks like it's back to Coco butter for now

on 2/23/2017 9:58:00 AM

I feel like the packaging is misleading. Looks like there is tons of product but there really isn't.
I would say it's only good if you have really oily skin or if it's hot where you live, otherwise it won't really work.
I had dried patches for weeks and no matter how much of this I applied it didn't moisturizer my skin at all.

on 2/22/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a human oil well who still gets dry patches around my acne, it can be pretty hard to find a reliable moisturizer. I had been using Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream, but when I ran out I decided to try this product since it seemed similar. It doesn't feel quite as moisturizing as the Hada Labo cream, but overall it's a very similar product for a few dollars less. It has a light texture and no scent, and the hyaluronic acid keeps me pretty well moisturized and never leaves me feeling greasy. It's also never broken me out (any more than I usually break out, anyway). I still get some tiny dry patches, but I use a lot of topical acne medications, so I don't blame the dryness on this moisturizer. Overall, it's a solid product for anyone with oily skin.

When I first purchased this product I didn't have high hopes because of all the negative reviews that I saw for it, however I was amazed at how well this made my skin look and feel!

Let me just say that I have extremely sensitive, break out prone skin, that is normal/dry and I get oily around sides of my nose and chin. I also get scaly dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

I mainly used this moisturizer during the daytime because I use a heavier moisturizer at night. I would wash my face and then apply this before I would put makeup on. This creates like the perfect base for makeup, it felt so soothing and cold when first applied but absorbs into the skin quite quickly and leaves such a smooth silky feeling on my skin and allows my foundation to set on top without showing any of my dry patches. I absolutely love this moisturizer! I have since ran out of it and I'm not so sure if it would be moisturizing enough during these winter months where my skin is at its worst but during the sunmer/fall time it worked just perfectly!