Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 9/25/2017 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

BIG NO!

I gave up using this product after 4 days of applying. I wanted to like it, cause I have been using the gel-cream version of this moisturizer for over a year and everything was fine, so I thought I should have no problem switching to the gel version, despite all the added fragance, color and silicone. However, it gave me red bumps all over my face, just when my skin nearly recovered from the previous breakout. Horrible. I guess it is the dimethicone which clogged up my pores...not sure if any other ingredient can be blamed except for this one.

Anyway, please, always do a patch test before applying anything full-face!

on 9/19/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the hydro boost at Costco and lived it have run out and Costco doesn't have now. I love it my skin n loves it and I hope it comes back to Costco
It made my skin feel refreshed no smells which made me happy. I have been using the hydoboost for a year or two. I put it on a skin problem on my waist & it totally changed it. Thank you and hope it comes back to Costco

on 9/17/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Drug store holy grail 100%. Great for really any skin, it never made my skin feel greasy, oily, or with a weird uncomfortable film. Never broke me out either! My skin is pretty sensitive to moisturizers, but my skin drank this stuff right up and made it feel so smooth and supple. A bit pricey for a drugstore product, but a little dab was able to cover my entire face thankfully. I still recommend this to all of my friends and family! A great addition to anyone's skincare routine.

on 9/16/2017 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically come to MUA and do some research via the reviews before I make a purchase that has anything to do with skincare. Unfortunately, I did not do that prior to purchasing this product.

Like a lot of other individuals have said - this product isn't the greatest for dry skin (despite the name of the product and the promise of it bringing more hydration to your skin.) I'm thankfully past my awkward mid-20's breakout stage, but I'm definitely into the mid-30's dryness stage. The packaging looked nice, I liked the way "Hydro Boost" sounded, and I love gels. I've only been using this for about a week, and it has already left my face feeling really dry and tight. I've even started to break out a little which typically happens when my skin is way too parched. It makes me kind of sad because I really do like the texture of this product. With fall and winter coming, this product was just not going to cut it for my skin-type.

On a side-note: I see a lot of complaints about the scent of this product. I actually really love how this smells! So much so, that instead of tossing it into the trash, I'm going to regulate this to hand-cream status since it seems to work pretty well for that purpose.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It does the job it advertises and moisturizes pretty well without leaving behind any greasiness or residue. It didn't clog pores or cause any skin irritation. But I found that there's not really anything special to this moisturizer that sets it apart from other moisturizers in that price range. If you're a Neutrogena fan, you'd like this. If you're not a Neutrogena fan, you could probably find something comparable in another brand. Personally, I would consider repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This review is for the hydro boost serum (I couldn't Find a page for it). It absorbs quickly and really boost hydration without being greasy it's a really good product if your skin ever feels tight and dry

This cream it is no for everyone. This is for oily face not for dry faces. Hope you understand

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Got a sample of this in the mail and so far I absolutely love it! It made my skin feel instantly smoother and unlike most moisturizers it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I don't get the negative responses about the scent, I think it smells wonderful - fresh and yummy! But to each their own. It's fantastic if you have problems with your skin, like oily and dry at the same time like do. It also made my complexion look better, it smoothed out any rough patches and made my pores look smaller, I would definitely repurchase!

on 8/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This smells HORRIBLE. Absolutely HORRIBLE. Like some kind of cheap glade plug in, or terrible walmart / proctor & gamble / glade candle. Good god. I don't want this anywhere near my face. I don't care what it does.

on 8/6/2017 11:27:00 AM

The first thing to know about this is that it smells like a combo of urinal cake and Febreze. Ugh. It is also LOADED with silicone, which may be why some people find it results in smoother skin. I am older and my skin is dehydrated more than dry, so I though this might do the trick. The SA at Walgreen's talked me into it. I will be returning it.

If it were remarkably hydrating, I *might" be able to get past the smell. But it's nothing special, and not even worth $20.