Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

on 9/5/2018 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the texture but this irritated my skin and always gave me a burning sensation whenever I used it. It also did not hydrate my skin at all. Do not recommend for dry & sensitive skin. Also has a strong smell I didnt like.

on 8/26/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have oily skin and this stuff really makes a difference. I even notice that when I put it on before bed I am less oily in the morning. It hydrates my dry spots and leaves my skin feeling supple and smooth. I love gel moisturizers and this one is great for the price.

Used for a month or two and definitely noticed this product clogged my pores for sure, it moisturized well but not worth the blackheads and clogged pores!

This product didn't do much to moisturise my skin. I though I needed to apply more but then it broke me out ridiculously. It does feel nice and cooling on your face and spreads far but doesn't do it's job. Now I have loads of clogged pores all over my face that I need to deal with. The packaging is nice but not very hygienic.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This felt heavy like a silicone primer and left a film. Felt gross and yet my skin still felt dry not moisturized. Wanted to like this as heard so much about it. I got about half way through the jar thinking I need to get used to a gel moisturizer...I would not buy this again.

on 8/1/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a go-to of mine for several years after it first lauched. I recently switched back to Hydro Boost when my other moisturizer ran out, and was so disappointed to find it to be completely different than the many times I used it in the past and loved it. My face looks BAD; not only do I have red patches on my cheeks and whiteheads (tiny ones that always come out when I react allergically), but the pores on my entire T-zone are clogged and huge. I noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gel during its application last weekend but didn't think much of it. My skin, which is combination, has been acting up lately due to rosacea. I'm in my thirties and haven't dealt with major issues since acne in high school was resolved with Accutane. That said, it is extremely sensitive to some sunscreens and silicones. My current dermatologist recommended a few products to try in combination with a prescription gel to start treating the mild rosacea, and the redness and bumps had just started to show noticeable improvement. Enter in Hydro Boost and the redness is back ten times worse. Washing with Dove soap makes it burn, and like another person said, my skin is so dry that it hurts to touch. Yuck. I would urge anyone with sensitivity and/or allergies to certain ingredients to switch test it elsewhere prior to applying it. It's awesome to have sites like this to vent and also maybe help someone else avoid the hassle of spending days waiting for a bad reaction to resolve.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about here! For reference, the one I am reviewing is the one for "extra dry skin" that is fragrance free. I have combination acne-prone skin with some dry patches. I also hate the feeling of heavy or greasy moisturizers. When my skin was more oily, I loved the Clinique DDMG. This is my daily morning moisturizer and I love it so much. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores, it sinks in immediately, doesn't irritate my skin and is just all around awesome. I took off one lippy because it really isn't the most moisturizing, but it does the job. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a light moisturizer with combination or normal to oily skin.

on 7/9/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have sensitive skin or skin that "reacts" often to products but it did to this.
Something is in this thats just not good and i do not know what it is. I am so surprised this gets rav reviews and is always quotes in mags. Total fail for me.

on 6/27/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst product ever!burnt my skin and dried it out to the point of rawness