Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought it recently and I love the consistency, it feels really nice on the face. Since it has still been less than a month since Im using this so I can't really tell if this gel is safe for acne prone skin. Did a research on the ingredients and found out that the gel is pretty much non-comedogenic except for the butylene glycol it contains in it which might be slightly comedogenic with a level of 1.

The packaging is very nice, pretty blue. But since it is in a tub form, it seems to be unhygienic.

Overall I will repurchase it if it doesn't break me out

on 12/20/2011 11:13:00 AM

I have repurchased this product 3 times. I love how moisturising it is but it has a weird silicon feeling to it so I decided to stop using it.

on 9/18/2011 9:55:00 PM

This didn't work for me at all. After only two days of using it, this gave me pimples all over my face!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Since I have started using a new facial cleanser, my skin which was usually very oily and without a dry patch in sight has turned into combination skin. i have horrible dry patches around the corner of my mouth and around the nose. since the cleanser actually works in reducing my acne, i'm reluctant to change it and hence i figure i would change the moisturizer instead. since my regular moisturizer is not moisturizing enough to hydrate my dry patches, so i have been on a moisturizer hunt....i got this one and have been very glad that i bought it.
pros:
-very moisturizing without being gloopy and thick
-very refreshing upon application.
-oil free
-very light moisturizer yet really hydrating
-does not break me out
-it claims that oily face usually is a result of non-balance skin and that by using this your face will be less oily and shine free as it is well hydrated-and YES!! they are right..my face isnt oily anymore..weird!
cons:
-the packaging is horrible, its in a tub so its very unhygienic
-for a drug store moisturizer, its pretty pricey
-its great for oily skin girl as well...will repurchase

on 5/3/2011 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I just bought this product recently because I have really dry skin.
It does not have the chemical smell most cosmetics do and it really hydrates my skin really really well, I did notice that if II applied to much, it dried out my skin along my nose but other than that, I love this product and its worth its price

on 5/3/2011 1:32:00 AM

I have been using this gel-based moisturiser together with Neutrogena's Alcohol Free Toner for a month. Both products seem to work well together. For hygiene purpose, I emptied a portion of the moisturiser into a separate container to prevent contamination within the entire pot.

Pros:
- it didnt cause me any breakout [note: my skin is very prone to breakouts]
- cheap
- has a refreshing scent
- oil free hence ideal for my oily T zone
- makeup stays longer [ I apply moisturiser first, before primer and powder foundation]

Cons:
- leaves a slight sticky texture