Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this product it's really hydrating!
It kind of stings a little but it feels lovely and feels so soft!
But kind of a pricey so I only use this at night.
I'm running out soon but I'll definitely be buying it again. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been searching for the perfect night time moisturizer and the search is over when my beauty consultant urged me to try this glorious product. I have combination skin with patches of dry skin. This light weight gel leaves my skin feeling gentle and doesn't leave my skin feeling wet. You can instantly feel the gel being absorbed into your skin.

on 8/19/2015 1:52:00 AM

I haven't had any serious pimples for years until this product!!!
Only after one day of using this (overnight) this broke me out. I ran out of Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer- which I LOVED- but I wanted to try something new and got this. I regret switching and have immediately repurchased my Aveeno.
I really wanted to love this product. When you first put it on it honestly feels amazing, and only after I broke out I realized that this is a common problem for this product.
It doesn't moisturize very well, which is weird because it's called "hydro-boost", but it did leave my skin feeling very soft and if my face didn't hate it so much I would've kept using it.

All in all, I'd only recommend it if you have COMPLETELY like 100% non-problematic skin, and are not looking for a super-moisturizing product. I found that I had to reapply to dry spots after several minutes because my face felt tight again. I have combination/acne prone, but I thought I'd risk it because I've had pretty decent skin in the last several years. Definitely not worth the risk lol. Plus this was so pricey compared to some alternatives. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have gone through several tubs of this which says quite a bit on how much I like this product. Its a gel consistency that sinks into the skin upon application. I use this as a day time moisturizer and it does keep my skin moisturized throughout the day.

I have sensitive combo skim and this does not cause my face to become greasy. However it was not hydrating enough for the corners of my nose and sides of my mouth as those areas are extremely dry so it might not be a good moisturizer for people with dry skin as its not rich enough. I had to use a richer moisturizer on those areas that are very dry on my face but for the most part this works well at where I live which is humid country.

Its also not really expensive, I normally buy them when they are on sale like 24 SGD for 2 tubs

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

when I originally purchased this product I was looking for a lightweight moisturizer. my skin lately has been dry. my moisturizer before was hydrating but a tad to greasy. i got this at Walmart for around 17 bucks which is expensive for drug store. I love the feel of it. it's smells great and the gel dissolves right in your skin. my skin does feel hydrated and its non greasy so i give this product a thumbs up for doing what it said it'll do.
UPDATE: stopped using because started to develop dry patches on my cheeks.

on 8/8/2015 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have very dry sensitive skin and I love this product. At first I was concerned about it being a gel and that it might be sticky or make my skin feel dry. On the contrary I found it to be light and hydrating. My forehead was so dry and flaky an I could see it every time I put makeup on. After the first use I could tell the difference. It is a bit more expensive then other drug store brands and I wish it had a version with sun screen, but i will definitely buy more. It does have a slight fragrance to it but it doesn't bother me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First, this is not about if i ran out of this product will i re-purchase or not. It just that i'm that type of person if i haven't found the one that i really really love then i will keep on trying for other product.

Why i've chose this product? Because i've heard from my friend that he said it felt some kind of similar with the Laneige moisturiser that's why i bought it. Of course i've tried the Laneige as well. One thing i agreed they looks similar is their packaging design other then that is totally different things.

Things i like this product :
- It absorb in my skin once i applied it.
- Not too thick & sticky if you apply it only during night time with the air conditional room.
- Only need a small amount to apply on my face which is quite cost saving to me.

Things i don't feels right for this product :
- It smells so plastic
- I don't feels it's improving my skin
- Over price in Malaysia
- The information printed on the packaging box is too small QA please check it before approving to selling in the market.

TL;DR: If you have sensitive skin and you really want to grab this product, PATCH TEST FIRST.

Pros:

- VERY nice texture; a soft-gel cream that goes onto the skin and dries to a silky finish. This is due to the high concentration of silicones in the product.

- Absorbs quickly.

- Very light moisturising properties (both a pro and a con; see cons below). I can imagine this moisturiser would be a god send for people with oily to very oily skin or those who live in hot, humid climates.

Cons:

- This is quite an expensive drugstore product. I had to dish out $24 AUD for this product, which is ridiculous considering that Neutrogena's other moisturisers range between $10 - $15 AUD. This might be due to the concentration of hyaluronic acid inside, and (most probably) the fancy packaging. You can get much cheaper lotions with higher hyaluronic acid concentrations for much less (see: Hada Labo, Tony Moly).

- VERY light moisturising properties. If you suffer from dry to very dry skin, this product is nowhere near rich enough to deliver significant moisturising benefits.

- The jar packaging. Quite nice to look at, but unhygienic compared to 'pump' and 'squeeze' containers.

- This product does not 'layer' very well (i.e. putting another product on top, for example another moisturiser, sunscreen or foundation). I attempted to put another moisturiser on top of this one and the water gel balled up underneath. I had to gently pat my second moisturiser, sunscreen and foundation on top to stop the water gel from balling up and falling off my face.

- The scent. HOO BOY I am very tolerant when it comes to strong smells (if I can tolerate my partner's farts I can tolerate anything) but this moisturiser can even challenge those with steel noses. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the scent is very much like fabric softener or car freshener. To me personally, it smelled like Pantene Pro-V shampoo. Very unexpected smell. If you are sensitive to fragrances, avoid like the plague.

- (This particular 'con' may not apply to you, but it's definitely worth a mention) This moisturiser contains a few fragrant additives (hence the strong smell). These additives may severely irritate sensitive skins. When I first tried this on, my nose and under-eye area burned like the Devil's arse. I have other fragrance-free moisturisers with similar ingredients to the water gel, and none of them burned my skin like this one. I eventually had to throw it out after four uses because it literally hurt to wear this moisturiser after using my regular gentle cleanser.

- (This didn't apply to me, but others have mentioned breakouts of the cystic kind) This may be due to the presence of Sorbitan Olivate, which can trigger breakouts in some people (olive derivatives are considered to be comedogenic due to the oleic acid content). Just something to keep in mind.

Overall, there are much better moisturisers on the market.

on 7/28/2015 7:53:00 PM

I tried this because I love hylauronic acid and i thought it was pretty natural even for a mass brand. I used it and did not see a difference in plumping. I also had 2 cystic acnes form using this which I NEVER get.. careful if you have sensitive skin.

on 7/26/2015 7:50:00 PM

It you are sensitive to smell do not buy this. It's not that it smells bad, it is just way too strong for me. I might be able to stand the smell on my hands but not on my face. Seems to work well. Don't really like the jar packaging but for the price had to try it.