Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 11/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This moisturizer is amazing. I have combination skin. It is very hydrating for my skin and did not cause any irritation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Having oily skin relegates me to gel moisturizers only which are far and few between. This moisturizer worked great on my skin and is so gentle.
- No burning sensation which is unlike typical moisturizers aimed at blemish prone skin.
- No break outs ( I even broke out with Clinique's dramatically different). It just moisturises my skin like water and I don't break out no matter how thick of a layer I put on at night which is a first.
At first I thought it didn't sink in but after using it for about 2 weeks my skin has improved dramatically.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This moisturizer is okay. It doesn't really do anything for my areas of difficulty (seasonal eczema flare ups). However, I can see myself reaching for this in the summer due to its formula being lightweight. I wanted to love this but it's not something I can see myself using
daily year round.

on 10/26/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Magic in a jar! The only moisturizer I've ever used that didn't make my oily skin feel like slime. It goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, leaves no oil on my skin, my skin feels refreshed and hydrated, and soft as a baby's bum! Wears perfectly under make-up! It hasn't clogged my pores or caused any breakouts--I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer!!!
I do hate the jar, though. To keep it sanitary, I never put my fingers in the jar--just dunk a q-tip in, wipe it on my fingers and apply. It also has a little fragrance, which doesn't belong in skin care; but it hasn't irritated my skin at all.
10/10--I'd give it a 12/10 if it were in a pump bottle!

on 10/15/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this! I usually don't use a moisturizer at all and haven't for as long as I can remember. I haven't ever been able to find one that doesn't a.) break me out, b.) feel too heavy, or c.) do both. Because I skip moisturizer, my skin was always really tight and not 'healthy' looking.

I started Esthetics school and quickly realized the damage I was doing not using a moisturizer. I bought this off of a recommendation and because of the fact that it's water based.. the Hyaluronic acid helped seal the deal a little as well.

Since I started using this my skin is softer, plumper, and more hydrated! It goes on silky and dries without leaving a trace of anything behind. The only thing I don't love is the packaging- the jar is unsanitary so I have to use a spatula to get it out which can be annoying.

I have normal/sometimes combination (I'm on Spiro which keeps my oil away for the most part) skin and it keeps me hydrated. I also recommend it for my acne-prone clients as well since it is water based.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 10/14/2016 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this product over the past few months, as well as the night concentrate version. I've completely given up on this as it doesn't give me any lasting moisture to the skin. Yes, it feels amazing/silky, and it's not greasy in the slightest, but for anyone who has normal to dry skin, I really wouldn't suggest this. I put this on after using my face wash, and it feels great and cooling at first, but before long I'm feeling so dry my skin begins to itch, I'll have to try it again in the Summer months when I don't need as much moisture. I've been using the night concentrate for my daily cream to get more moisture, and a different night moisturiser. So here's the run down:

Pros:

-Not greasy
-Feels very cool on the skin, which would be great for hot days

Cons:

-No Pump
-Barely moisturises
-Pretty basic formula

Would I recommend this to anyone:
Perhaps someone looking for a little refresher to the skin, or has Oilier skin who doesn't need a rich moisturiser.

on 10/8/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I haven't used many Neutrogena products, but I was compelled to try this one after hearing rave reviews here and some people I know who have used it. The gel cream has a really nice texture that dries quickly. My skin feels plump and moisturized after using this moisturizer. The price is great! I paid about $20 CDN (on sale) for this. I will definitely rebuy!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've been trying to find a suitable gel moisturizer for my sensitive, oily, acne/prone skin, and I'm so happy that I found this one! It's cheap, feels great when you apply it, doesn't feel sticky, and dries almost instantly. I've been using it for about 6 months now and I love it. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It's a bit too strong for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Here is my basic information because everyone's skin is different. My skin tends to run oily but I have been using retin-a so it is now normal to slightly oily. My skin can also be sensitive and easily break out with certain products and sunscreens.

That bit of history out of the way, I use this product because, as I said the retin-a gel I use at night has been drying to my skin which is normal so I need something to bring back the moisture during the day. BUT - my moisturizer cannot be be too thick or oily or else I will have an oil slick on my face 10 minutes later.

This product is amazing on my skin. I use it right after my morning shower and wait about three or four minutes before I apply my foundation. The water gel, is very light, slick and applies easily. It adds just the right amount of moisture to my skin that it does not feel thirsty but not too much that it feels like a Texas oil field. I use it on my eyelids too and it works well to provide the moisture the delicate skin there needs as well.

I would improve the packaging. I don't prefer things in a small tub like container. I would rather have a tube because I feel it is cleaner.

I have been using it for two months so far and I plan to use it forever or as long as they make it.

on 9/26/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THE HG daily moisturiser for OILY SKIN!!!
I have always had oily skin all over my face but once I became a mum my skin changed and became sensitive as well. The harsh exfoliators I used in my teens just tore my skin to pieces in my mid 20's and so I started getting dehydrated skin but it was so hard to find a hydrating moisturiser and cleanser without oil in it until this amazing product came along!! Hyaluronic acid is an oily skins best friend. The reason our skin produces more oil/serum is because it thinks we're dry and dehydrated and it's just trying to fix that problem. Alot of hydrating products forget that oily/dry skin is a type of skin we're born with that can't be changed but dehydration is just a temporary solution so using an oil product on oily type skin won't be a permanent fix. But the hyaluronic acid in this product locks in water (not oil) into the skin to keep it hydrated and so the skin doesn't over produce the sebrum we hate.
This little product is also a lightweight gel which is the best type of moisturiser to get for oily skin. Creams are normally greasy and are almost always oil based and heavy and are designed for dryer skins. The gel just glides onto the skin and after gently rubbing it in, it's completely absorbed, and there was absolutely no greasy film left on my skin. It felt so soft and i could literally feel the hydration in my skin with my fingertips. My primer and foundation just floated on top.
And of course, it's completely oil free and only $20 in Australia from the supermarket!