Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

4.1

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Witch Hazel Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

on 10/14/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was on sale at Target for about $10 (orig.$19) which is pretty pricey for a cleanser that's only 3.4 fl oz but I heard good things about Weleda so decided to give it a try. Now this is formulated for people with normal/dry skin (I have sensitive/oily) but since it's getting cold where I live, I figured it would be okay. Verdict: I only use this at night because it leaves a slight film on my face which I actually like because I don't like putting a bunch of stuff on my face before I sleep (let your skin breathe!!!). Also, water doesn't really get the job done- what works for me is splashing my face with warm water, pouring a quarter size of cleaner in palm and massage all over face, then take a cotton ball or pad and wipe off cleanser. This method takes off all my makeup along with the cleanser so my skin feels clean but moisturized and comfortable. Overall I do like the formulation of the cleanser but the bottle is so bulky and you have to be careful pouring it out or you'll literally pour half the bottle down the sink! I would buy again at the sale price but def not for full price.

"Gentle" is not a word I would use to describe this product. Left me with red hot cheeks for about an hour after cleansing.... and my face felt dryer than it had even before. The packaging again is problematic.. although the blue glass bottle looks nice on my shelf, having no pump makes it difficult to use and too much of the product pours out at once.
Definite disappointment.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a new cleanser for the Weleda line. Cleansing Milk's are a new thing for me and I'm learning I have to give the product a little more massage time, but when I do I really prefer a cleansing milk. They don't feel stripping, I'm not counting down the seconds until I can apply my face oil and my skin feels considerably more relaxed and nourished, dare I say balanced after using one. I read an intern's review on the Weleda site and she mentioned massaging it in with a damp cotton round so I tried that and fell in love. I follow her routine, splash my face with some warm water, massage about a quarter+ size amount into my whole face for a minute or two, then take a damp cotton round (usu. two) and continue to massage the product in, sometimes adding more if I've just come in from a run and am sweaty, greasy and grimey from the day. This product is what is says--a gentle cleansing milk, but very effective and still protective and nourishing. I have been alternating this with my L'uvalla Gentle Hydrating Milk, (thicker, more emollient rich) and my skin has never felt happier. (After ~6 years of using the same cleanser every day, I've learned the benefits of tweaking my cleanser based upon skin nuances, and these two interchange quite nicely without feeling diametrically opposed in function, both very gentle, nourishing, Weleda being lighter and my preference before a run and the L'uvalla before bed). While I love my cleansing oils, those can leave behind a residue that I have to be fastidious about removing, otherwise massive breakouts ensue :( that whole process can become time consuming, though it's great for removing clogs. I wanted something gentle and easy for the evening, not too time consuming, this is a great product for that. I actually enjoy cleansing my face now that I've been turned onto cleansing milks--no longer fearing the ache, burn and tightness I was feeling after washing with a stronger cleanser. I've noticed a marked decrease in my redness and yay no clogs appearing! Right now with the weather being spring (cool and rainy one day, hot and sunny the next), this is great for balancing and I can see it taking me well through the summer. I feel nicely clean and *not stripped* after using this. I typically have issues with products that combine an oil + alcohol, usually end up with something resembling a heat rash on my face, it seems the alcohol burns my face and an oil and/or wax traps in the heat, but NO PROBLEMS with this, yay! Plus it's the Weleda line, I love their line and trust their ingredients. Well worth the price and makes for a fantastic cleanser for my sensitive, clog-prone, combo skin.

Ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils