Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Angel, I really wanted to like you, but sadly your patchouli is just so strong it's overwhelming. This scent can be very offensive to others if oversprayed. The bottle sure is gorgeous though.

on 10/8/2006 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

yummy very strong overpowering but i love it !!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried Angel finally after all the hype. I hate patchouli, so it smelt pretty strong at first and lingered on for hours. On the dry down, it smells like men's cologne or aftershave on me, so this does not suit my chemistry. The bottle is pretty and I like the name Angel, but that's about all I like. Notes:
Bergamot, Hedione, Helional, Honey, Dewberry, Red Berries, Vanilla, Caramel, Patchouli, Chocolate, Coumarin. It is an oriental gourmand, but somehow these fail together. It does have a "purple" scent to it, but if it had no patchouli, I might like it.

on 6/1/2006 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my signature perfumes, the other one being L'eau D'Issey. I love how Angel smells on me especially since I love Patchouli. It is sweet and warm and lasts the entire day on me. I especially enjoy using Angel during the colder months or if I will be in an well airconditioned room the entire day because I find that it warms me up.

I agree that this is one of the perfumes that you will either hate or love. And I love,love,love it. I even have the body cream and shower gel just to make the scent last longer on. Try it out before you get it because a lot of people, like my sisters hate the scent like the plague. This is one of the perfumes we don't share.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I stopped a lady at ann taylor and asked her what she was wearing, and she said angel. Went to macys and I've been bombarded with compliments ever since. Guys stop me at bars and ask me if I am wearing angel. They know it by name. So it's not just popular with women.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Angel is SO expensive, mostly because the bottle is crystal or whatever and refillable, which is cool. But it's one of the more intriguing scents out there, and will always remain a standard of mine as long as it's made. It's unique, not something little girl numbnuts will be running around with, usually due to the price, and it's sexy. I ALWAYS get complimented on it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite fragrance of all time. I got it as sample and have been hooked ever since. The lotion is great too. It lasts longer then any fragrance ive ever tried and its everyone asks me what it is when im wearing it. Star shaped bottle is beautiful but a bit annoying because it doesnt stand up.

on 7/3/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got really interested after seeing the MUA reviews, and got myself a sample @ clearance. Recently I am obsessed with sweet stuff, & this is supposed to smell like vanilla, caramel & chocolate - sounds yummy. I am relieved that I:

1) waited until at home to try it on instead of spritzing at the counter; and

2) bought only a sample (3ml maybe?)

1&2 seems contradicting, coz if I tried it I wouldn't have purchased. But I would rather made that wrong purchase instead of having the stuff on me during my shopping day - it's THAT bad, and strong, and impossible to get rid of!

As usual I stopped at 1 spritz when trying it on, and an overpowering sweet smell filled up my bedroom immediately. I couldn't detect any resemblence to chocolate or vanilla (was that sweet smell aldehyde?) It's sweet, but unpleasantly so. To my whole family it smells like mixed rotten fruits... Ewww! Why did they have to name it "Angel"?

Now I fanatically wanted to wash my wrist. Hand soap & then liquid body soap. It's still there. Cleansing oil + facial soap + exfoliating powder wash along with some scrubbing ('extending' my face cleansing regime). Much better, but still there. A thick layer of oily handcream, wait for 15min. and wash with soap finally get the horrible smell cleaned. Phew! Wait... That smell was in my room with opened windows after 3 hours... Definitely a nightmare! continued >>

on 6/23/2005 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh! smelled like straight up patchuli on me, which is fine for some, but I hated it. My fiance smelled it on me, and he could not stand it. I will stick with my Chanel. I am glad I had a sample. However, when I wore it, I could not wait to take a shower. It was so overwhelmingly bad on me.

other fragrances I wear: Chanel Chance, Le fue d'Issey Light, Moschino Couture.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this, and HATED it! I soooo wanted to like this stuff, but it was just awful, too sweet, cloying, I did not like chocolate notes at all. I won't buy this and hope not to come across someone wearing this!