Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I don't react well to patchouli, as I think it makes me smell like damp. I found that, fortunately, with Angel the patchouli was more prevalent in the top notes and didn't last too long, and then faded into it's various stages of sugar.

I got the following stages if it helps:
Stage 1: moss and dark damp place mixed with sugar
Stage 2: cotton candy
Stage 3: burnt sugar
Stage 4: burnt rubber

Generally, this is not the kind of smell I want wafting off me, and considering I couldn't leave the house until the patchouli wore off, this fragrance was very much a miss for me. I'm not the only one who thought I smelled 'burnt,' I met up with friends in a bar and had one say I smelled of burnt plastic. Love the bottle though.

on 3/24/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Can someone, please, tell me what happened with Angel? I have been wearing it for years, and it was my favorite, until recently. I have purchased the 3.4 OZ bottle- it just smelled different. Since it is a refillable, I decided to by the 1.7 OZ in hope that the perfume smells a little different in the refill bottle. But NO! My olfaction senses are killing me, since I can smell anything anywhere. I am certain that an ingredient has been changed (to a cheaper one) and it has made saying goodbye to my favorite perfume of all times. :(

on 11/8/2008 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is another scent that is just too massively popular for me to purchase because it seems EVERYONE knows it.

It is really sexy, enveloping, edible, mysterious, addictive, and gorgeous though! I wish it were a secret because I'd DEFINITELY purchase if it were less popular.

on 9/11/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite perfume by far. I have yet to find anything that smells as sexy, outstanding and unique as this, plus it stays on very long. Yes, it is indeed rather strong so a little bit goes a long way, plus if you are not familiar with the smell, you need to wait a bit for it to dry down before you can appreciate it. Even though I love it from the very minute I spray it on me, I understand that it's strong enough to make people nauseous when they come across someone that has too much on.
It seems more suitable to wear in fall/winter, preferrably on special occasions. I don't think you can easily get away with wearing this in the summer heat, plus I think it's way too sexy and rich to just spray on and head to work (though I have to admit I have not been able to resist the urge to wear this at work a couple of times in the past). But if worn at the right time and place and in the right quantity, imho this can turn into seduction potion;-)
Only downside is the price which I find a bit exaggerated; I couldn't really afford this myself but mom and aunts know it's my fav so I get it as a gift all the time.
All in all gorgeous stuff to me, way too rich, unique and sexy to be called "Angel" indeed. I guess it is one of the things you will either love or hate. You'll never know till you try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Smells like bad chocolate. That's the best description I can think of. The packaging is an adorable blue star, but the liquid inside is nauseating.

on 1/30/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My fiancÚ loves this perfume and buys it for me whenever I run out. It has a strong musky, Patchouli, smell. I must say that I personally prefer clean, citrus smells myself and I do find this perfume to be too strong for daytime/work. I wear it out at night when clubbing and I must say that it attracts a lot of attention from boys. They always ask what I'm wearing and say it's a real turn-on, haha! It's expensive, as most designer perfumes, and the bottle is pretty (star-shaped) but a bit annoying because it doesn't stand up straight (mine lays down). Overall though, it's a great perfume that I enjoy having in my collection for those nights when I want to feel sultry!

on 10/17/2007 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Funny how people either love it or hate it. I absolutely love the smell although I'm not into 'sweet' perfumes. This is different. i would definitely buy it again.

on 8/3/2007 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, what mixed reviews! lol I love this though, and so does my boyfriend - when I spray it, even if he's at the opposite end of my house he makes a beeline for me saying, "What did you spray? You smell really good!" lol The bottle is really pretty and it is indeed very unique. Lasts a long time, too.

on 7/16/2007 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I smelled this it was on my brothers girlfriend. When I asked her what it was she replied 'Angel'. Then I remembered all the controversy I read about this on MUA and decided to finely see for myself if this would work on me, as it smelled amazing on my brothers girlfriend. On initial spray it was almost too sweet and the patchouli was overwhelming, but that quickly died down. If Angel had a taste, on me it would taste like root beer floats. Yum. I cant get enough of it. My SO loves it and I always get compliments. I find one spray works well and lasts most of the day and is not at all strong. Most perfumes, even ones known for staying power, dont last long on me so its nice to find something that doesnt disappear. My other current favorites are Euphoria and Dior Addict, although these only last a couple hrs on my skin. Im in my mid-twenties and dont find this scent too old or too young. One of my all time favs and I'll never tire of wearing this.

on 6/24/2007 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Angel. The patchouli is bewitching. I get compliments all the time, although it is a good perfume to wear lightly, especially in hot weather--one spray that you walk through. And this scent is best on bare skin, not on clothing. Sexy if you've got the right chemistry to wear it, nauseating if you don't.

Popular Fragrances