Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.3

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 1/30/2012 2:40:00 PM

I love this rosewater! I've been buying this product for years. It has no alcohol, no witch hazel, no aloe, nothing but simple rosy freshness and water. For my super dry skin, that is a major plus. I use it in these ways: before moisturizing to help thick creams sink in, after applying makeup to help set it and give it a dewy look, to freshen hair and prevent split ends by spritzing the ends of dry hair and sealing in with a small amount of conditioner, to help my daughter's fine/flyaway hair comb back into a tidy ponytail, as a refreshing pick-me-up, as a moisturizing mist in dry air (like planes or when indoor heat is running). When static cling is a problem, I can can calm it with a little mist of rosewater. And it smells great too! Just a light scent of fresh rose petals. Definitely a holy grail product for me. I can't recommend it enough.

I mostly bought this as an aromatherapy pick-me-up to keep in my purse; rose is a natural antidepressant and stress reliever. I work in a hospital and strong fragrances aren't allowed. I can spritz myself with 10-20 sprays of Heritage Rosewater and enjoy the fresh, light rose scent... which dissipates almost completely within 5 minutes, so I don't offend my patients. It lasts slightly longer on clothing, but still only an hour, tops. I wouldn't buy this expecting to use it as a perfume or body spray, despite what the label states, unless you are content to smell like nothing at all after a few minutes.

I do use this as a facial mist, as well, although I haven't noticed any amazing changes in my skin. I don't have any irritation or rosecea on my skin; I've heard rosewater is helpful for those conditions but I wouldn't know. Mostly, it just feels refreshing and smells good for a brief moment in time. Sometimes, that's all you want.

The only ingredients in this product are water and natural rose extract-- no alcohol, no synthetic fragrances. My daughter adds it to her sparkling water because she loves the Indian-inspired flavor of rosewater! It's a bit expensive for that purpose, though. The translucent hot-pink bottle is adorable. Would definitely recommend this as a refreshing in-the-moment aromatherapy treat that won't leave you with a lingering fragrance. I might be trolling my local Indian grocery soon to see if they sell cheaper alternatives, as I suspect this product suffers from Whole Paycheck Markup Syndrome.

on 5/22/2013 3:00:00 AM

If asked to list my number 1 beauty 'habit', it would be my mixture of rosewater and liquid aloe. i adore the scent of roses, not to mention how beneficial rosewater is as a mild astringent for skin. You can drink rosewater as well, its tasty. This brand is pricey, about $8 for a spray bottle. So usually I buy Alwadi brand rosewater when i can find it, usually in an Indian or middle Eastern store. That brand is pure, there are other brands in indian shops but beware of the ingredient lists- stay away from any flavorings or unnatural things, they may irritate your skin. Some of them are intended for food use only. The Alwadi is only about $3 for the same size or maybe even a bit larger. I mix rosewater with liquid aloe (george's brand) mainly to save the rosewater since I go through a lot, but also everyone knows how great aloe is for skin. the rosewater scent is still powerful,but not too much so, when mixed with the aloe. I spray this all over my face, let it dry mostly and then use my moisturizer. Often i just spray it wherever I like for the scent. Most perfumes and fake scents give me a headache, so this is often all I'll spray on myself. i do recommend the Heritage brand if you can afford it.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

So glad I finally tried this! I can spray to my hearts content on my sensitive skin and it doesnt bother me. I use mostly on my face, but the bottle says you can use this as a body spray as well. I love that I can spray on for a little scented pick me up when out and about. I wear flip flops all day... I usually carry baby wipes to wipe street grime from my feet. This would make a great spritz for after that. Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/28/2014 8:39:00 PM

I'm obsessed with this Rose Water!! The spray bottle is so nice to spritz your face throughout the day. I also use this as a daily face toner twice a day after cleansing. It calms my skin instantly, and makes my skin look even and hydrated. I have also started tossing my bottle in a little ice cooler with ice and leaving it in my car to spritz on my face after I finish running. It's so refreshing and the coolness calms my flushed skin down right away. The smell is something I had to get used to. I didn't care for the floral scent at first, but it has grown on me and dissipates quickly. Highly recommend! If anything, using a facial spray is just fun :)

It really helped reduce my redness. It made my complexion more bright. It does wonders to help calm my irritated skin down a notch. This is wonderful for summertime when your face is irritated from being in the hot sunny weather! Oh and the smell is just really lovely - like fresh roses. Ive added this to my everyday skin routine and I don't know what Id do without it!

on 9/30/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my first perfume I ever used I woar it since I was 13 and even now I still love it. The scent is rapturous, and comes off strong gently diminishing through out the day. It is a rose perfume and smells of 'rosa damencia'. The smell is fresh and not too arduous.
There are two sizes : one small and one large.The only con I would say is that the scent does not last long - maybe an hour. The bottle itself lasts forever though, so you can always re-spray.
They offer perfumes of: rose ,Valencia, lavender, bergamot, and plumeria. I have tried the lavender spray and it smelled sweet, and of violets. They used to offer a scent in violet, that smelled similar to the rose one, but I believe it has been discontinued.

on 3/31/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this rose water. It has no chemicals, and smells like a fresh , light filled rose garden.

I use it as a skin toner, room spray, and in drinks and desserts as it's Food Grade.

You can find it in various sizes and prices from $3 to $10. It comes in transparent pink plastic spray bottles, and a larger size lasts me about a year.

Quick drydown and the fragrance fades.. within about 30 mins that I personally notice while wearing it, but other people still can smell it on me in the day. They say I smell like roses. :)

on 2/5/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm surprised this is listed under "fragrances", as it's also a food flavoring and skincare product as well as a haircare product!

i bought this at Whole Foods for $11-ish. and then i came across it at Natural Grocers for only $7... so i'll be repurchasing from there. theres also a rosewater and glycerin one, which i'm curious to try-- but i dont wanna mess with a good thing :)

this comes in the spray bottle thats pictured above, and i do like that its not in another form of packaging. the bottle's pink, but the actual rose water is clear.

i use this on my hair and face. after i get out of the shower i spray some on my face and then pat it in. it keeps my face more hydrated, i kid you not.

i REALLY love it on my hair though. i'm on a water only routine, where i dont use any shampoo, conditioner, etc. (i know, i know, some ppl think it's gross). and i wanted something to mask the sebum smell in my hair. unfortunately the small in the is doesnt last more that a few hours on my hair, but its other benefits are well worth the expense! i spray it on dry hair and then comb it through. it gets rid of fly-aways, and leaves my hair sooo soft! and then it STAYS soft! yay

i'll re-buy this again and again! so happy i found it!

on 5/6/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love it, and I dont go a day without spraying it on my face and in my eyes several times a day. It calms me down. For years I buy this, and I Love it in the summer aswell.

Popular Fragrances