Living Proof Full Shampoo

No Image

3.3

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 5/19/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wasn't a huge fan of this shampoo. This, along with the conditioner, seemed to weigh my hair down and make it very greasy the next day. My hair is naturally curly and fine/thin. I straighten it most days, and found this made my straight hair just look blah, it seemed to be coated in something while not being soft at all. I like soft and shiny, not coated and weighed down.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl, Cocoyl Taurate, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycol Distearate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Fragrance, PolyfluoroEster, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 4/16/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was wondering why my hair has looked like crap lately. My usually bouncy curly hair was limp and felt dry. Then I realized it's because I used this shampoo and conditioner. I used it for 2 weeks and it didn't improve. This might be good for a sleek style, but not good for mine! Not buying this again. I had such high hopes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got the small size and found it to be great. Just a dime size is all I need. Gentle, smells wonderful, lots of lather and is sulfate free. So good I bought the full size after only using it for a week.

on 2/24/2010 5:56:00 PM

I bought the (EXPENSIVE!) travel size of the shampoo, conditioner, and spray treatment from Sephora. The shampoo didn't impress me all that much BUT used in conjunction with the conditioner and spray treatment - WOW! BEST EVER! These products are expensive, but like most pricey products, a little does go a long way. The more I've used the shampoo, the more I've come to like it. In the beginning I felt it striped my hair; left it a horrible tangled mess. With time and use it's not feeling so dramatic that way. I don't notice any odor from any of the products. The conditioner is absolutely terrific - light-weight, fantastic de-tangling (my biggest problem), NOT greasy. The spray treatment adds a long-lasting "coating" to my hair (again, not greasy or heavy). My hair is very shiney, very smooth and NO TANGLES - I can brush right through it (what a relief!). I re-purchased the full size products when I was about halfway through the travel-size. I recommend that you at least try these products.
***LATER*** I'm changing my ratings on these three products -- after using them for about 2 weeks all the shine is gone from my hair. And I have VERY shiney hair. Back to my usual and favorite ol' stand by hair care....

on 12/23/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awww this one has lots of bad reviews...but suprisingly it works nicely for me. Just have some trivial things to rant about though..the price, the bottle cap keeps breaking other than that..no complaints.

on 11/4/2009 4:05:00 PM

I loved this product at first. It smooths my hair and makes it look extremely shiny and healthy. What I don't understand is why they say your hair will be cleaner since it will repel dirt. Quite the opposite! I find myself having to wash my hair more often. I don't have an oily scalp but something in this product is my hair dirtier than usual. I'll just go back to using my Frederick Fekkai products instead.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This shampoo smells great and a small amount cleanses well. This helps somewhat with the high price. My hair was definitely smoother and shinier after use, a step above other products.

Excellent shampoo - something from this line is weighing my hair down, I need to figure out what it is. I would hate to stop using this, b/c I really like it. It's very expensive though for what you get.

on 7/29/2009 9:30:00 PM

I a sample packet from Sephora and while it made my hair feel soft to the touch, I was pretty greasy by evening time. I have straight hair that's pretty healthy, but I blow dry everyday. It's medium thickness, and texture. I was really disappointed since they claimed to repel dirt/oils so you could actually wash less frequently, but after 2 days in a row of using this stuff, I was pretty greasy.