Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.2

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

This is a great gel foundation with sheer coverage, I use this as my makeup base to even out my redness and dark spots.

The shade comes along very great with my skin and it lasts for quite a long time without leaving any greasiness (note: I have a very oily skin). Plus, the foundation gives a very radiant look with camera-perfect finish, so it works very well for events.

However, I experienced some break outs on my skin when using this product for daytime or outdoor activities.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i ordered the samples from Koh Gen Do's website and they arrived in a few short days. I'm a medium olive-yellow complexion, but I get darker in the summer. It only took one try for me to figure out #243 was my color. It's a tiny bit darker, but it blends in fine and will be good (maybe even a tad too light) for summer.
Onto the foundation:
I wear this with Sephora's Amplified illuminating primer (new product and really like it) applied with a dry beauty blender (don't like how it applies with my brushes) set with Guerlain Meteorites in #2 (beigey color).
Wear time:
As I apply this with a primer, I don't know how it works without, but the wear time has been good. I've worn it 12+ hours; it sometimes can get patchy, but I have a tendency to touch my face a lot.
Formula:
I think this is a great mix between my faves Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Giorgio ArmanI Luminous Silk. It has the light coverage/naturalness of Chanel but the luminosity of the Armani (without the thickness of it). Beware, this foundation does not cover everything and I often have to go over it with concealer in some parts (I use Nars Creamy Concealer in Custard, which is pale yellow- might be a tad too light in the summer though).
I really love the look this all gives, It's very put together but still natural at the same time. I love a glow and this gives it. My skin is dry/combination right now in March, but we'll see how it wears by the summer.

on 2/21/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I made the mistake of not getting samples from Koh gen Do before ordering blindly online. So, going by reviews of others including a very inclusive review by the beauty professor, I went with #213. While the undertones were spot on perfect - yellow with that ever so slight green to match a true olive complexion- the color was way too light for my NC 25-30-ish. I reordered #123, which is the next shade darker. Still a little light and I swear, even though it is considered one of the brand's ocher shades, it has hints of pink. Yet, it's workable with some bronzer. I'll buy the darkest shade #143 to mix and update my review at some point.

Overall, it gives great light to medium coverage. It's really you're skin but better kind of foundation. I find that I can either go without setting powder or do a very light pat of powder for a less glowy finish. It's just a matter of preference for the day. For reference, I have huge pores and some post acne hyperpigmentation on my jawline (hormones are just awesome). My pores seem minimized and I can go without concealer for the hyperpigmentention. The spots are still slightly visible but I'm fine with that if it means less make up. When I want airbrush finish, I just do pinpoint concealer. Lasts pretty much all day without a primer. I'm dying to try their yellow primer next.

One caveat, I had some dryness from winter and overzealous bha/aha exfoliation. It kind of stuck to the dry patches. So probably not good for overly dry skin.

Edit: I bought #143 and it's almost perfect. I can use it alone and it's beautiful. But, I add a dab of the 123 to lighten for my winter complexion. Also, this shade has much more of an olive undertone than 123. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried a lot of high end foundations, and only did this one truly deliver! I was initially in love with Armani Luminous Silk foundation, but the lightest shade (#2) was too dark! Finally I found Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation, and am proud to say it is the perfect match. Not only that, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup at all! I've even had people ask me if I was wearing any! I'm constantly getting compliments on how glowy and healthy my complexion looks.

The coverage is sheer to medium, but can be built up very well. It covers practically all of my redness and does not emphasize my pores, which most paler shades in different brands have done in the past. It really is like magic in a bottle. Cannot recommend it enough.

on 1/27/2016 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I have combo skin and can wear this in the winter and summer. It provides great coverage and makes skin look fresh and even. Currently wearing color 123.

on 1/21/2016 4:53:00 AM

This is a combo or dry skin girl/guys dream! Packaging: The foundation comes in a sleek glass bottle with a PUMP!!! it's probably not travel friendly so be careful with it when youre traveling purely because of the glass bottle. Consistency: It's not really runny, I was expecting a face and body consistency but it was more like the giorgio armani luminous silk constancy wise, like it didn't run down your hand and wasn't messy at all. Coverage/Longetivity I was expecting this to not cover anything at all and was preparing myself to have to spend extra time concealing everything, to my surprise it actually did an amazing job at covering my old red pimple marks that every foundation just cannot cover no matter what, I think because I use the shade 213 which is a green based light olive shade so maybe the green toned down the redness as well, I might add I powdered my face with the laura mercier translucent powder before applying the liquid just because I get oily on my nose, forehead and my chin a little bit, this foundation went absolutely beautiful over the powder where as most foundations cake into the powder and it looks cakey by the end of the day. After almost 12 hours of wearing this foundation on a fairly hot humid day my face still looked so radiant and fresh! This foundation is truely your skin but better! It seriously doesn't look like you're wearing foundation! My only gripe is that I wish the colour selection was better I'm an NC20 to NC25, I bought the shade 213, it's way too light when I'm at my tannest, but I don't believe there are any darker shades and all the swatches I saw online looked too pink. I honestly think this foundation is a new favorite and will be re purchasing when I run out!

Best foundation EVER! It looks completely natural on the skin, like I'm not even wearing makeup. Doesn't make the skin oily, nor doesn't dry it up. The coverage lasts all day. It's great to conceal a pimple, and I even use it under my eyes on the days I'm a bit more tired than usual. I use 013, which was a perfect color for me. But, next time I'll have to go one shade darker, as I've started using sunless tanning.

My search for the PERFECT foundation is over, I'VE FOUND IT!

A bit pricey, but well worth it. A little goes a long way, so it should last you awhile.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I am a foundation junkie.

THIS IS AWESOME!

I really struggle to find the right color for my skin tone (light with cool/olive undertones, absolutely no hint of pink) so I wear the shade 213, although it is not perefect (still a litle too warm for me, but really really close!) I can totally deal.

I do have dry skin, and this foundation caters to that like a dream.

It looks so smooth and natural, I don't really get a dewy finish, more of a natural, and definitely not matte.

It does transfer, and it will last all day as long as you don't rub your face all over everything and everyone.

+This looks really great over skin that has been primed with fix+ spray. However, I found that when I spray fix+ on top, it alters the foundation in a bad way. It looks like it is separating from my skin? Also, I believe this foundation looks best without a powder over top. Daring, I know.

I apply this foundation using a sephora brand #55 airbrush brush.

on 1/11/2016 11:02:00 AM

Mainly I am grateful for shade 213, which is a cool ochre. I would call myself a pale olive tone, and this has enough yellow-y green for my skin without making me look sallow, which is a miracle. Masks random redness so well.

Better coverage than the Moisture Foundation, which I used for a while but was never really satisfied with as a foundation (more of a tinted moisturizer, and also doesn't come in this shade, to my knowledge). This is also a step up in terms of staying power, but it is still on the sheerer side. If you prefer a heavy duty foundation, this likely won't satisfy you.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Just OMG! The best foundation! Omg omg! I love it so much that i bought it even if it wasnt my exact shade. I was supposed to buy the shade 143 ( olive yellow skin color) but it is sold out everywhereeee! Even on KOH gen do's japan website. The only site available were sephora usa another USA site. Sucks to be in Australia you know what i mean beauty addicts! Buf anyway. Thankfully studio pm store in sydney put me on their wait list and i was able to grab the shade 123 . Which was so so pink and light. It's not even my winter color it's like my after death color LOL! I cant even. But i reckon it will be a good highlighter . The finish is beautiful. Skin like. It's like your skin was firmed up . My skin looked healthy alive and "japanese-y" it smells like the usual foundation chemical. I wouldnt go as far as 2 coats because again it wasnt my shade. But the oil control was really nice. There was oiliness but i just use my MAC blot powder anyway. The finish was even and clean. Just the way i like it. I use my real tech stippling brush. The consistency is like mac studio fix fluid. Very compact and hard to move on the face but every coat will make you see how it adheres on the skin! Shame on hi end foundations like Dior star which doesnt even look nice on my rough uneven skin texture.