Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.2

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Best foundation I've found so far for my sensitive, combination skin. I purchased samples from the Koh Gen Do website so I can find the right color. I can wear NW20 in MAC foundation and the 013 in this foundation was a perfect and better match than MAC. This goes on beautifully. It is medium coverage and looks very natural. It isn't dewy or matte which is strange but in a good way for me.. as it does not make the T-zone and oilier nor does it accentuate the dry areas of my skin. Amazing foundation really. I've been looking for over a year for a foundation to replace my Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid and think I've not only found a match but it is even better than that which was my HG foundation for years. This product IS expensive - $62 is more than I have ever paid for a foundation but for me, it takes very little to cover my entire face so I'm thinking that may make up for other options where you have to use more to cover face and neck. For me, this goes on best with a flat foundation brush and dotting it on face and 'buffing' it in. Highly recommend this one ladies!

on 8/24/2016 12:21:00 PM

This is only a first impression, I just received my samples from koh gen do's website only paid four dollars and I got quite a bit of different shades to try. The first shade I tried was perfect (113) it is a nice warm neutral, not too yellow, not too pink, matches like a dream, for reference I wear bone 1w1 in EL double wear, and that shade is a tiny bit light on me in the summer. Anyways I am searching for a nice winter foundation as my EL double wear does not work well for me because we heat our house with a wood stove, which really dries out my skin, and it is way too matte for my dehydrated winter skin, it is awesome all summer. Okay anyways, koh gen do aqua foundation feels so moisturizing when applying, it blends and melt into skin with complete ease, best applied with fingers, because it is too easily absorbed into sponges/brushes, it works best with no primer, it feels like your caring for your skin when applied instead of just masking it up. The coverage is light to medium but is great for diffusing imperfections, it truly gives skin a porcelain appearance, that's radiant, but not too dewy, not too matte, a lovely finish. I would say this foundation would work best on skin that isn't overly oily, or too blemished, it creates a your skin but better look, so it is a not a major skin problem corrector. My skin is far from perfect-blemishes,dry and oily at the same time, large pores and blotchy redness sometimes. But I feel like this foundation even though it doesn't hide everything, it softens the imperfections very nicely that I could love this more natural look all winter.

This worked ok for me but wasn't my favorite. Staying power wasn't there compared to a lot of other products, the color didn't do it for me, and it is a bit sticky. will not repurchase

This is my favorite foundation, and I hate foundation! I don't wear foundation because they are all too heavy and masking, however, not this one! The coverage is light to medium, and it feels weightless. It evens out my skin, and doesn't have that foundation look - the natural rosiness in my cheeks still peek through, making my face look more natural. And this blends like a dream...it sinks into my skin flawlessly whether I use my fingers, brush, or Beauty Blender. It's more $$$ than I want to spend, but it's worth every penny, and it also has a Pump!

on 7/7/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation but the only complaints are the coverage, shade range and that it clings to dry patches. I prefer sheer/natural finish foundations but even I need 2 pumps every time I use it. Because this foundation is pretty expensive, I mix 1 pump with a cheaper foundation so that I don't use it up too fast. Also, I am around NC 30 and use the darkest shade, 143, but it's ever so slightly too dark for me. I can make it work because it has the perfect yellow undertone but I don't like that the shade lighter than 143 is way too light/neutral for me.
I have worn this foundation for as long as about 11 hours with no problems.

on 6/30/2016 5:51:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It would have to be the ONLY foundation I have ever tried that did not oxidise on me.

I would say the coverage is light but builds to a medium. It feels lightweight on the skin and it feels like you are wearing nothing. It doesn't accentuate pores but it doesn't exactly blur them out like some foundations do. It is also quite forgiving on dry, flaky patches. It is a satin finish thus making it great for work.

The only issue I have with this foundation is it is difficult to find in Australia. You can order it from Beatylish but you will need to do a lot of research and eyeballing internet swatches in order to determine your shade.

This is a foundation I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this on-line based on all the great reviews, and the rave on Nikkie-tutorials. Sadly it is not the holy grail of foundation for me, that it is for most people. Far too sheer, and sinks into pores on the first application. I built up coverage but too much looks ghostly and chalky. This is my second dud foundation purchase in a row - will now stick to what I know works- Armani Luminous Silk, and stop assuming that the holy grail of foundations exists for middle aged skin!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My holy grail foundation ! I live in Asia and the weather here is really hot .This foundation makes my skin flawless all day long without being cakey or oily even when I sweat because of the weather .
It is really light coverage but it lasts all day . In the end of the day when I remove make-up , my face still looks fresh .
Pros : no scent , it does not oxidise , really light coverage , do not clog my pores , has spf 25 , not cakey even when I sweat ,
Cons : difficult to find in Asia ,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite foundation! I've been using this for about a month and really like the results. It doesn't break me out, doesn't feel sticky (which is great for my normal to oily skin), and matches my skin tone perfectly (shade 113).

I would say this gives medium coverage. It looks very natural and hides discoloration pretty well to the point that I don't really need concealer. I like this for everyday wear, but would also wear this for special occasions. Another thing that I really like about this foundation is that it lasts a long time on my skin. Perfect for my long days at school and work (12 hours); assuming of course that I don't touch my face.

I was hesitant to purchase this at first because of the price, but I don't regret it because of the amazing quality of this product. I highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this foundation pretty consistently for almost a year now, and I have to say, it is my favorite foundation of all time. I love this foundation because it gives me natural, light to medium coverage and doesn't irritate my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin, and about 90% of the foundations I try break me out, but this one doesn't.This is incredibly gentle on the skin with great ingredients and is unscented. It is almost like a gel consistency, and it blends beautifully on the skin. I prefer using my fingers, because I get the most coverage that way. This is the perfect foundation for everyday and I highly recommend it.