St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

After spending most of the last 12 months in a hospital room either waiting for or recovering from open-heart surgery, my 29 year-old skin was looking more like an overlay of an acne-suffering teenager and a dry-skinned, wrinkled elderly lady. My face was both oily and extremely dry. It was red and blotchy, but also dull and grey. My skin was a walking contradiction. I am a copper-haired, porcelain-skinned, freckle-covered ginger who had previously had only minor problems with my skin (other than the extreme sensitivity to basically anything that tends to come along with being a red-head!) so when I finally was reintroduced to the world outside of the hospital I was ashamed of my skin's appearance, but I had no idea how to go about getting it back to normal! I escaped my teen years and most of my twenties with hardly a blemish at all: Very few pimples, no red spots, or dry patches. I had always used Dove bar soap to wash my face morning and night, and that was it. But now I was faced with three problems. First, I had to vanquish the mild-moderate acne that had appeared on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. Second, I had to get rid of the flaky, scaly dry patches that appeared right along-side the acne. And third, I needed to get rid of the redness and inflammation, and also bring colour back to the dull, grey areas where my skin had become almost lifeless in appearance. I didn't even know where to begin! Then, one morning, my wonderful, amazing, beautiful Mother showed up at my home with a care package. Alongside my favorite cookies, and munchies, fuzzy slippers, and fleece pyjamas, it also contained my favourite body lotion that I had used for years, my ever-trusted Dove bar soap, and a 150ml tube of St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer (I live in Canada, and it is available in tubes here, not just the jars). I recognized the product from the counter in my Mother's bathroom growing up, so I picked it up and said to her that she must have forgotten to take her lotion out of the bag. She giggled and said she was passing on her beauty secret to me, finally. My Mother has always had lovely skin, so I was intrigued. She advised me to keep washing my face as I normally do, but that immediately afterwards I needed to apply a thick layer of this lotion to my face and neck and allow it to absorb. I thanked her and that evening after my shower I applied the lotion for the first time. It immediately made my skin feel, for lack of a better word, "comforted". My skin soaked it up like a sponge, so I applied another layer on top, and again my skin just sucked it right in. The next morning when I went to the sink to wash my face I looked in the mirror and I could not believe the image staring back at me! I looked alive again, and not just alive, but my youthfulness (as much as one can have at almost 30) was returning to my face! There was no longer a grey colour to my skin, but it was also no longer red and inflamed in areas where it had been just the night before. There was volume to my skin again. There previously scaly, flaking patches of extremely dry skin had, of course, not disappeared, but they were visibly more supple, and much less scaly in appearance. Now, as amazing as all of this was to me, the most amazing thing was the difference in my acne. While it had most definitely not magically vanished over night, it was much less prominent, less inflamed, smaller in size, and for the first time in months there was not a single new blemish to be found. I have now been using this lotion for just over a week and I am quite literally astonished at the difference that this product has made. Every single day my face looks and feels better and better. I now have NO acne at all. Every one of my dry patches have disappeared, and there is a wonderful colour in my skin again, dare I even say a slight glow. Ad far as I am concerned this product is my HG. Period. I will continue to use this product for the rest of my life, just like my Mother. I recommend it to anybody! PROS: Easily absorbed Not greasy Non-irritating Non-comedogenic Delicate scent that does not irritate my extremely sensitive skin The price is just amazing (In Canada) It comes in a hygienic squeeze-tube Has anti-aging properties without being too heavy Contains mineral oil, which allows me to use it as an eye makeup remover CONS: Contains fragrance that may irritate some peoples skin, or nose In most places it is only available in a jar It is on the lighter side, so some may only choose it as a day cream Contains mineral-oil which some people may not find appealing Overall, this product is just plain and simply AMAZING. The fact that it did not irritate or aggravate my skin even in the least bit would make me confident in recommending this to just about anyone! I will most certainly repurchase this over, and over again!

on 10/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

I love this product ; it works better than any high end department store brand, is loaded with collagen, and smells clean and fresh. It goes on Copland takes a minute to fully absorb,but it really plumps up the skin and smooths fine lines. I use this every night and after a beach day. I never,ever have dry skin any more. It's so inexpensive. Thought to track down in a Target, but readily found at ( God help me) a Walmart or Rite Aid. Try this product. You won't be sorry. If you don't like it, you can always use it for a shave gel! I've even used it as a make up remover in a pinch!

on 10/16/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love, love this moisturizer. It sinks into my skin and never feels greasy. A huge 10-oz tub for less than $6. If I'm not working and have no plans to leave my apartment, I like to slather it on and let it soak in.

on 10/9/2015 7:55:00 AM

Surprised to hear about the jar packaging. Where I live ot still comes in a tube. Works well, smell is pleasent and the price is terrific. I was buying higher end products and recently read a study that says the expensive stuff really doesn't make a difference unless it contains retinol. So I ise a retinol product which happens to not be very moisturizing and add this on top later and for daytime if Im going out I use olay complete spf 30 I wish St Ives had spf

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the only moisturizer I've used that hasn't broken me out. Because it's getting colder, my skin has started to flake, using this moisturizer it keeps me from becoming dry and flaky. After every use my skin always feels smooth and firm.

on 10/7/2015 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is THE BEST moisturizer I've ever used. I've tried a lot of the more expensive ones and nothing beats St. Ives. It's fragrance-free and yet has a clean aroma to it. It sinks in almost immediately, leaving my skin supple, firm, and yet soft to the touch with absolutely no greasy residue/feeling. I LOVE IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is fantastic! Best moisturizer I've ever used. Keeps my combination skin from flaking and from becoming over oily. And I love how much of it comes in the jar! Such a great price for so much product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this because the ingredients and reviews were promising. I've been having troublesome skin lately really prone to breakouts. It calmed down a bit when i first starting using it. Then, after a week, my forehead and cheeks broke out in painful red bumps that just got worse with each use of this moisturizer. I figured it wouldn't break me out because it is labeled as non-comedogenic. It didn't get rid of the dryness either, which is minimal because i have oily skin. Kind of a let down because i love the smell and texture of this. Well, i stopped using it and my forehead acne has gone down.

on 8/21/2015 9:24:00 AM

Incredibly cheap yet increadibly effective! I have tried this whilst (A) living in the tropics (B) living in the desert and (C) the snowy winter -- and it held up to all three climates. I usually put this at night and I wake up to super smooth and soft baby skin in the morning. Also great as a moisturizer for my face in the morning specially during winter.

on 8/18/2015 10:28:00 PM

I do not find it very moisturizing when I first put it on. Generally, I apply it after cleansing my face and reapply in 5 minutes once it has absorbed. Not greasy. Absorbs well. Scented however, scent is clean. Not bad for price, does not cause breakouts.