Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.2

on 2/26/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I have NC40 skin tone and C40 in powder, W6 in loreal true match. I got the kit in Medium. I have been wearing make up for 10 years (regular stuff), but was recently introduced to contouring since the last few months (those late nite youtube video addiction ;-) So I had an old bronzer but it gave me a dirty red brick kinda color something I didn't like. So after makeup guru Goss and others on youtube, I took the plunge and ordered this off ebay and shipped it to Canada total $15 US. I have tried it on several occasions and I can tell the difference, which is great. Just a few days before getting this I bought a hard candy highlighter (which I love btw). But if you want to get a contour kit in your make up collection for those going out nights (GET IT). I am surprised that it does make a difference (which I had thought it wouldn't). I had looked at Hoola and even theBalm bronzers but they seemed lighter in comparison to my tanned skin, so am glad I didn't get them. I dont' get to wear it everyday :-( (I'd rather sleep longer than have extra makeup steps that I can skip). But when I do wear it when I have the time. I love the look the contouring gives my round face. Pops out my cheek bones. The highlighter works great for me, although I must say in comparison to my hard candy is more powdery than soft. But hey, for a girl that doesn't wear this more than once or twice a week. this works great. The reason I gave the price a 3 is with shipping it became slightly expensive, but if you know ppl in UK that can pick this for you from the drug store than it may be more reasonable.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this! Medium works well on my nc45 skin and my grandmother who is quite darker than i am. The highlight looks really good on and isnt chunky glitter but rather finely milled powder that is a warm color and a golden champagne color. I was expecting it to be bigger for $8 and there was a shipping fee too. It looks natural on and i would use a light hand because it is extremely pigmented. The contour color is matte and although it is nuetral i find it a tad on the red sude but is not a big deal

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This review is really for the Sleek Face Form kit in Dark (the only difference between the Contour Kit and the Face Form kit is that the Face Form kit includes a bronzer).

Anyway, this product is great. The contour color is dark enough to show up on me and actually make a difference in contouring my face (I'm NC50). It doesn't look grey or red. It's just a perfect dark brown. I also use it to contour my nose, and it doesn't look unnatural like some contouring colors can.

The highlighting color is ok- I think it can look a little unnatural and too shimmery. I prefer to use NARS Luster to highlight (women of color, if you don't have NARS Luster- run and go get it. It's the best for highlighting)

I haven't used the bronzer yet, so I don't have an opinion on it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this when my contour powder in my ELF palette ran out. It was the perfect shade but not one they sell separately unfortunately.

Although this is ever so slightly more orange than the ELF one, I still find this an excellent replacement. I have it in light, and I find it easy to apply without being too overpowering. I tend to use this on my cheeks and Sleek BB cream in dark under my chin. Both work nicely.

I'm not a big fan of the highlight shade. It looks a bit artificial on me - I think it's a bit too warm. That said, I still use it for an evening look.

Overall, love the packaging; colour is overall very good (although would prefer slightly less warm); price is excellent. BTW, don't know if they've been reformulating this product because for a while it was completely unavailable in store and online. I bought mine about 10 months ago - would be interested in a comparison between more recent puchases.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Mine is in the shade Medium and I have to say it's perfect. The packaging is beautiful, the matte contour shade is just right (not to red or orange or dark, and I feel confident using it as a bronzer all over my face too) and super pigmented, and the highlighting shade (though at first I was doubtful because of its pearly rather than gold shimmer) turned out to be a beautiful strong glow on the cheekbones. Repurchase? Definitely!

on 12/14/2012 8:12:00 AM

This is amazing! My first Sleek product and I am very impressed :)

on 11/17/2012 9:45:00 AM

I've been looking for a good bronzer for contouring for a while and when I was recommended it by a blogger i snapped it up and definitely don't regret it. So cheap (7.49) at superdrug and it includes a highlighter and mirror. Its the perfect matt brown (not too orangey or grey) and well pigmented yet easily bendable, I can't rave enough about how much I love the bronzer. (I got it in light btw, I'm currently skin tone nc20). The only tiny weeny negative is that the highlighter is a bit thin for my liking, it works wonders on the bridge of the nose and the cupids bow but I have to combine it with a cream highighter on my cheek bones for best effects. Regardless though, it's amazing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my first sleek product. It's soooo pigmented that you really do need a light hand. When I was a nc30, this color was an awesome contour color. It looked natural. Right now I'm an nc25, and it's too dark and muddy on me; no matter how hard I blend. Def would repurchase because its an awesome product, but I prob won't use it until I reach nc30-35 again.

FYI, I bought this in "medium".

Highlight is gorgeous as well, it's a pinkish gold shade. When I'm having a lazy day, ill use the highlight color on my eyelids and the contour shade in my crease!

on 10/18/2012 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have this in Light (Clinique Alabaster, MAC NC15). Bought online for ~$8AUD from sleek.com
Pros: Matte finish contour, easy ++ to blend and natural finish, gives great definition, very pigmented, lovely case with mirror, highlighter not too 'shimmery/glittery' just the right mix
Cons: ---
VERDICT: Cant get over the great quality that Sleek offers with all of their products, Contour Kit is no exception. Will rebuy

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love this, you get one shimmery champagne color for the highlight and a matte bronzer for the contour and both a pretty pigmented. Unfortunately I think I got this in a shade too dark. The only color available where I got this was medium or dark and medium was too deep for my skintone. It is a good contour but after using NYX Taupe blush, I don't think I'll be using orangey or brownish contours anymore because it just looks...well...too orange and unnatural. I saw a video by the Pixiwoo sisters saying that if one wants a natural contour, they should look at the natural shadows on their faces and unfortunately my shadows are more of a cooler, taupe color rather than a warm bronze. I still use the highlighter shade though, it makes for a great natural highlight,
And did I mention that I also use this palette on my eyes? The highlighter is a gorgeous all over lid and brow color and the bronze side is a great crease shade too. Love it. Just not for contouring.