Lioele Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

Lioele  Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)
Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

4.1

Water,Phenyl Trimethicone,Titanium Dioxide,Cyclopentasiloxane,Alcohol Denat,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor,Talc,PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,CI 77492,Sodium Citrate,Methylparaben,Chlorphenesin,Butylparaben,C I77491,C I77499,Fragrance,Cyclomethicone,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Disodium EDTA,PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide ,Butylene Glycol,Glycerin,Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate ,Hexyl Laurate,Sodium Hyaluronate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract ,Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract ,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract ,Citric Acid

on 4/11/2011 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first foray into BB creams, and I was certainly not disappointed!

The Lioele Water Drop BB Cream is specifically formulated for dry skins. I have very dry skin, and most tinted bases or foundations I use really accentuate the dryness. Not so with the Lioele. I have found that the way to apply it is to smooth it on as you would a primer, rather than rub it in as you would a cream - otherwise it tends to ball up, pulling off dry skin.

The cream is advertised as producing a cooling sensation when applied, leaving little drops of water on the skin. I have not experienced any such sensation, nor have I seen any water drops, but it doesn't matter; this is a really good product.

It leaves behind a beautiful sheen rather than a dewiness. It is also very buildable, so you can either use it on its own or under foundation - it works brilliantly as a primer. On its own, it does give less coverage than the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, but this is definitely buildable, and even covers redness if you apply enough. If applied properly (ie smoothed over the skin, rather than rubbed into the skin), it doesn't cake.

This BB cream has an SPF of 27, which is excellent.

My skin has been feeling smoother and looks less red and dry since I have been using this BB cream. It could be a coincidence, but I have not been using any other new products, and I can definitely see a difference.

I just can't fault it. I chose this cream at random as I really wanted to try a BB cream. It really functions as a multi-tasking product: it moisturises, it provides protection from the sun, it works as a primer, smoothing out the skin, it seems to have helped to calm my skin generally, and it also provides coverage with a beautiful finish.

I paid $22 (Canadian $) for this, which I thought was an excellent price.

on 2/26/2011 5:32:00 AM

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!
it matches my skin tone perfectly & feels like my own skin (: i apply 1 layer and where i need more coverage 2 layers. i have oily/ acne prone skin and there are a lot of silicones and stuff in it, which can cause breakouts, but fortunately it doesn't break me out *.* it controls oil pretty good i think, but after a while i need to repowder. but that's okay.
this bb cream is affordable & works veeeeeery good. i will buy it again.
And packaging is super pretty (:

... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BB CREAM :3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This BB cream is described as "an exclusive moisturizing BB cream which makes your skin moist since waterdrop, which is generated when you apply it to skin, is well absorbed into your skin." It has an SPF of 27 PA++ (broad spectrum) and is designed to give the skin a natural glow, without the use of a pearl formula. Comes in a 50ml tube and is also meant to help relieve and cool reddened skin.

For reference, I am an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and sensitive normal/combo skin. The Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream is my HG, so I thought I'd try the waterdrop too seeing as it was by the same brand. I must say, I do like it a lot.

This BB cream is very lightweight and does not feel greasy, thick or heavy at all. It's waterbased and seems to apply like a gel - you can see the waterdroplets form when you rub the BB cream between your hands which is quite cool. I personally don't notice the 'cooling sensation' it claims to give though. It spreads and blends very easily on the skin.

The shade is a pretty good match for me - it's a light beige with a very slight grey tone that disappears about 2 minutes after application on me. It makes my complexion look brighter. I think this would work for NC15-25. It doesn't have pink or yellow tones.

Coverage is extremely light. Really, all it does is brighten my skin and even out my skintone. One coat provides minimal coverage. Two coats gets rid of any redness. But that's about it. Blemishes will still be obvious, so pairing with concealer is a must if I want good coverage. However, for every day, I really like the coverage. It looks incredibly natural - doesn't change my skin texture and doesn't make pores stand out.

The finish on me is a semi-matte (I was expecting a dewy look!) which I quite like. Despite the semi-matte finish, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dryed out or anything...but I wouldn't call it particularly moisturizing. Doesn't oil up or get greasy on me throughout the day and doesn't break me out either. Lasting power is decent - 6 hours or so.

I'm not that happy with the ingredients list though. Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide. Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denant. are the top ingredients, followed by a long list of silicones, talc, castor oil and parabens, followed by glycols, aloe vera and a few botanical ingredients right at the bottom of the list. Why put something as drying and irritating as alcohol denant in a supposedly "moisturizing" face product? I don't understand. I've read reviews on other sites that said they broke out badly from this, and it's not hard to see why. Luckily it gives me no problems though.

Overall I do like it for a very natural look.