Moroccanoil Treatment - Light

Moroccanoil Treatment - Light
Treatment - Light

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butyphenyl Methlpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum (fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Redd-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for about a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's the only product I use when I straighten my hair, and it's all I ever need.

The smell is amazing, and it lasts all day long. The results are great, especially since my hair is quite dry. When I use this stuff, my hair is super shiny, feels like silk, and fly-aways are eliminated. You don't need very much at all, and a little goes a long way. I use it everywhere but my bangs, as I touch them often and find they get greasy if I use the oil on them.

As somebody who uses heat every day (blow drying straight, then using a flat iron), I find this product really helps to quench my hair and keep it healthy. The price is expensive...it's $40 at my local Trade Secrets, but it's well worth the price.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. While I like the sturdiness of the brown glass bottle, it doesn't have a pump or anything similar -you simply pour it out into your hand, which can be tricky as you can easily over-pour (which I have done several times.) As well, all the bottles I've ever owned have leaked if I travel with them, no matter how tight the cap is. So I do recommend you keep it in a plastic bag when travelling.

Other than that drawback, excellent product and highly recommended to people with fine, dry hair (or not dry -it's great regardless.)

on 7/13/2011 7:48:00 AM

Finally an "oil" that doesn't leave my hair like an oil slick. Amazing product for my highlighted blonde hair which is fine and wavy. It adds the right amount of shine and does not leave any stain or oil on clothing or sheets. I will have this with me forever. The scent is clean and I actually use this on my hands if they are dry and it leaves them glowing but again, no oily mess. Fantastic product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have fine, naturally curly red hair which is extremely dry, and has gotten more so after moving to the desert. Moroccanoil Light has been a life saver ... it disappears into my hair leaving it soft and shiny, and it has helped prevent split ends when I blow my hair out straight. The scent is lovely - sort of a patchouli/coconut blend, but it disappears within minutes of styling. My hair is so dry that I might actually try the original formulation, because my hair seems to suck this up like a sponge, and I even need to reapply some days. The packaging has been updated, and the bottle now comes with a pump which makes it much easier to apply. Purchased it at a discount on Amazon.

on 6/12/2011 6:43:00 AM

The MoroccanOil LIGHT is fantastic. Non greasy, fights fly-aways, conditions, protects against split-ends. I bought this product when I had platinum blonde hair, it was great and didn't stain. I have since coloured my hair, and it's now Cherry Red and my hair looks healthy and shiny thanks to my MorocconOil.

The only slightly bad thing I have to say about the product is the packaging. It comes in a nice brown bottle, which is great to protect the integrity of the oil, however it makes the pouring of the oil quite interesting first time around. It would be better if there was a dropper or something to assist in getting the right amount first go, so as not having to tip some back in the bottle, because you ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT of the product!

All in all, great product. A bit pricey here in Australia, but definitely worth it. A GREAT INVESTMENT!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for Moroccanoil Light. I guess I am in the minority here. I bought this oil in hopes of helping me add shine to my hair and control static. While it does add some shine, every time I use it my hair is static and flyaway. I've tried it on wet hair before styling and dry hair to tame static. Neither has worked. The minute I run a hairbrush through it, it's a mess of flyaway hairs. Ugh! I am going to keep it; as I'm hoping once the heat kicks off after the winter, I will have better results. I added some Aveda Damage Repair Daily Leave In Treatment to my ends and viola, no more static.Go figure.