Rimmel Clean Finish

Rimmel Clean Finish
Clean FinishClean Finish

3.3

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

I am loving this foundation. I can't believe this was under 5 bucks at Walmart! I have spent five times that at a department store only to end up with a lemon of a foundation. I ended up purchasing this in Soft Ivory. I wanted to purchase True Ivory but it was sold out. Soft Ivory is a tad too dark for my skin tone but the coverage and finish is PERFECT! I just use my fingers to spread this evenly and beautifully over my face. I even use it under my eyes. It isn't drying under my eyes yet it isn't shiny or greasy on my T zone. LOVE IT! I use a tiny bit of powder and at the end of the day my makeup has barely budged. The staying power on this foundation rivals Estee Lauder's Double Wear light. I am going back to purchase True Ivory, I think I have found my HG foundation!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is great for it's very inexpensive price. I wonder why it is so cheap? The consistency is thick mousse like, similar to the Dream liquid mousse by maybelline. The color selections threw me off, I'm not the same shade number in this foundation than I am in other Rimmel foundations. I also find that these run pink, which is unusual for Rimmel. Pink is a good thing for me, since that's what I need, but I found some of them to be too pink, so I bought Soft Beige 240, and it has the right amount of pink undertone for me. I think it may be a tad to dark for me, but it works. The finish is pretty dewy on me, but looks great when I set it with a powder. It is about a medium coverage I would say, but very buildable. I don't know about the 100% poreless perfection, because I always use a primer first, so I don't have problems with pores. The spatula is different, I like it, but I don't, because how are you suppose to scoop up all the product? I guess I'll figure it out when I only have a little bit left. But for less than $4, it's great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never used any Rimmel foundations before but as soon as I saw this I couldn't resist buying it.
Like others have said, it's so inexpensive, less than $4 in my area.

No pump but it does have a spatula.
As far is hygiene goes it is questionable so I don't touch the spatula to my face. I simply scoop some and tap the product onto my little palette.

The consistency is very thick, it's basically the same consistency of Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse foundation.

As soon as I blend it, it dries quickly so you have to work fast. It's right up there with ColorStay in terms of drying fast.
I can see this caking in dry patches because of its thickness so be careful.

The finish is nice, it's kind of satiny finish leaning more towards matte. It's not sticky and it doesn't have a weird smell.
Coverage is light-medium.
It lasts all day on me, but I have dry skin so most foundations do last all day for me.

As far as it claiming "100% Poreless", now that is just ridiculous, but it didn't make my pores anymore noticeable and that is good as far as i'm concerned.

My color (240 Soft Beige) actually worked perfect.
Most foundations that i've tried are too orange/pink for my skin tone but i'm not seeing that in this line.

Definitely would repurchase.
Absolutely fantastic for those on a budget.

on 1/23/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, Thank you Rimmel for consistently producing foundation shades that match my fair-med neutral skin tone exactly.
This looks like my skin but better on. It does help mask pores on my nose- and it does not accentuate the pores on my cheeks and upper lip, or the lines there either. Aftger the foundation has set, it feels smooth and dry to the touch, but is not drying. Transfer is minimal, and wears well through the day.
The packaging is just misguided- a screw cap with attached spatula that dips into the creamy liquid. It's messy and unhygienic, and keeps this from earning a 5 star. This would dispense beautifully from a squeeze tube like Rimmels 24 hr wear foundation line.

however- it's dirt cheap. Less than $4 at Walmart.

on 1/23/2011 2:02:00 PM

I got this at Walmart for a steal. I'm new to makeup (as well as a broke college student) so I'm always on the hunt for deals on things that work well for the price. My old foundation (CG Clean Oil Control) didn't have a good matching color for me (they were all too pink), so I shopped around for other foundations. I found this one, and it the shade I bought matches perfectly!

Pros:
-covers pores and imperfections
-good color match
-VERY inexpensive
-no harsh smell
-good consistency (kind of between a mousse and a liquid)
-easily available at Walgreens or Walmart, etc

Cons:
-spatula?? I have adjusted to it and now just hold it in my right hand while I apply and blend the makeup with my left hand :)
-I don't know if it will break me out yet, I've only been using it for a few days

If this turns out to be kind to my skin, I'll definitely repurchase! I like the feel of it on my face and especially love that it matches my skintone! I don't look pink anymore! :)

EDIT: However I do still like this a lot, it's entirely tooooo heavy for the coming summer months. I will use this as my fall/winter foundation if I don't find something else first. :)

IMO this is the best Rimmel foundation to date!

Where to start?

The bottle claims "100% Poreless" I wouldn't say it covers pores 100%, but maybe 85-90? That's pretty cool!

It has a spatula type thingy connected to the cap so you kind of spoon it out, it's a whipped/mousse consistency. I really like it! It spreads very easily and evenly. Applies like a dream! I spread some on the back of my hand and then applied with a foundation brush. I guess I would call it a med coverage.

It wears well most of the day, 10 to 12 hours for me I guess, and doesn't oxidize or turn in to an oil slick. I have a very oily t-zone and normal everywhere else, so this is good stuff. But I can see it working well for ALL types of skin. Price is great too, it was around 6 or 7 bucks.

I got 130 True Ivory, and at first I thought it was going to be too light but it darkened up a tiny bit after it set, and the color is perfect!

So this is my favorite foundation at the moment, it may be a tad too heavy for the summer months, I cross that bridge when I come to it.