NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/31/2017 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: Berlin, a warm brown that can go from nude to full on deep brown depending on how much you layer it
TEXTURE: thin, moussey
PIGMENTATION: needs building up to get full on color
LASTING POWER: around 4 hours before it starts to fade or sinks into lip lines
APPLICATION: Always put on lip balm first. Apply an even layer on, let it set a bit. Apply second layer for better pigmentation. This is what I find works best for me, if I put on too much at first, it feels tacky, never fully sets and wears off easily.

Overall, I'm not crazily impressed by the formula of these, but the color I got is so special that I would definitely buy it again. Such a steal for how much it costs!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Absolutely love this range of lip creams! Its matte without being too drying, and there's soooo many colours to choose from! I have tried most of the shades and my ultimate favourite would definitely be Madrid, followed by Cannes.

Madrid is such a beautiful dark red colour! I love dark lip colours but it is really difficult to find the 'perfect' one. And Madrid is the one for me! It brightens up my complexion and looks good with so many types of makeup. I love it.

Cannes on the other hand is the perfect MLBB everyday colour!

Other shades that I like includes San Paulo and Prague.

The formula of this is really good, even though it does transfer. Reapplication is no trouble since it is not super drying. The applicator is also really good for defining the lips precisely. The price is also really reasonable!

Would highly recommend!

on 3/13/2017 9:26:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product because the colors are beautiful! But at as a matte lip cream this doesn't do it for me. The color wears off so easily and I find myself constantly reapplying. Do however always come back to it because the color and how it looks on my lips.

Oooh Lordie Lord....I just have so much love for this product.
It is one of the first liquid lipsticks I tried back in the days and to be honest, there has never been any other liquid lipstick that overall topped this one.
The colour range is beautiful, from gorgeous nudes to bright bold colours and deep vampy shades.
From all of the nude lipsticks (liquid or solid) I have, I always come back to Zurich as my all time favorite natural nude lip colour it is just peeeerfect.
They feel moussy and soft on your lips, not drying at all, opaque matte colour without emphasizing the lines in the lips, fade very natural and last a decent amount of time especially considering the fact that they don't claim to be long lasting.
If these would be long lasting and kissproof though, I would never even try another liquid lipstick anymore because this would be all i need.

on 3/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a few nude shades (Cairo, Stockholm, Cannes, Abu Dhabi, London and a few more), I like the lip creams. They are not the best, they feel a bit drying but not like the Lip Lingeries, they are still for the most part comfortable on the lips. After a few hours of wear the lip creams start to crumble on my lips and it's difficult to reapply the lip cream. Some shades are streaky, especially Cairo, I'm not for sure going to repurchase Cairo. I've heard that there are some inconsistency with the shades.

on 3/10/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Prague, which becomes a deep and classy rose against my natural tan and I've gotten lots of compliments on my lips.
The color takes a few minutes to dry but stays put well enough - at least until you eat pretty much anything or drink a latte. But that goes without saying for all liquid matte lipsticks!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Much prefer this over the NYC gloss. Good value. As good as my KVD? No, but costs a lot less (esp w Ulta coupon). :) I also just picked up a tube of NYX Lingerie. So far, slightly prefer the second. Seems to last longer on the lips? Both lipsticks are drying BUT like how long they last. Love I can't drink them off my lips.... I *would* buy the Matte Cream again, BUT think for $2 more I would go w Lingerie type.

on 3/2/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have this in 09 "Abu Dhabi", and I love it! It's like a normal matte lipstick, only in liquid form. The issue with actual liquid lipsticks tends to be that they sink into any cracks and just feels dry and disgusting. That's not a problem with this product. It glides on, and is easy to apply without any extra fuss. It feels quite pleasant on the lips, and you can at first "massage" your lips together like you would with a lipgloss. It does dry matte, so you can't do that once it's dry(if you were to want to smooth it out), but it's very easy to touch up and looks as good as new with minimal effort.
This shade is a nude, and it wears off very naturally without being noticeably patchy. It might get patchy in other shades, but "Abu Dhabi" is very forgiving. "Abu Dhabi" looks very brown in the packaging, and I was afraid that it wouldn't suit my (very fair) skin tone, but it actually suits me very well. It's not an MLBB, but it looks very natural and put together. I reach for it all the time nowadays.

This is a very user-friendly product, and I will be buying more shades!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I possess several shades of these lipcreams and I love them. A great product for a very affordable price. I love the nude shades (Abu Dhabi, London, Athens, Cannes) and the darker shades Berlin and Copenhagen. They go on very creamy and light and don't dry out my lips. My only qualm is with one shade Transylvania which is the darkest shade (a super dark plum) which can go on a bit patchy but if you build it up carefully it looks great. These lipcreams are must-haves, mainly because they are so comfortable on the lips and they smell divine too.

on 2/28/2017 6:47:00 PM

I bought this in Milan and I love it! It's a nice pink colour on my lips. I wouldn't go with the swatches because everyone's got different natural lip colour. I would highly encourage trying the colours on your lips before purchasing.