NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got the holiday gift pack of these that came with all 36 colors in mini tubes. Most of these remind me so much of my beloved Covergirl Outlast Liquid Lipsticks; longwearing, smudge proof and needs a hard core oil based remover to get it off at the end of the day (it will for sure last that long). Unlike Covergirl no lip exfoliation is needed to make these look amazing and the color range is far more superior as there are many more options (I have never seen a blue lipstick before!). I even went through numerous fancy glasses full of Sparkling White Grape Juice on Christmas and the bright red shade I was wearing never transfered. Would 10/10 recommend.

on 11/27/2016 12:40:00 PM

I have this in the shade Stockholm and it's OK. It's not pigmented enough so that you can see lip natural lip color (which is a tad darker) if you don't layer it. Though it feels a bit tacky if you layer it; like it didn't dry down completely.

It's streaky because the doe foot hairs are too long for me. Though the smell is really nice. Like marshmallows.The formula settles in the lines on my lip.

A nice dupe for this formula wise is the W7 Mega Matte Lip. Though it has way smaller color range, their applicator is better in my opinion and it's cheaper. It even smells the same.

If I ran you of it I would probably buy a different shade. Maybe London.

The only drawback to this is the fact that it's not a stain. But broooooo I never finished any lip product except this one! If you're confused as to whether or not to try them please try out the shade Stockholm! And it smells like vanilla cupcakes! What can go wrong?

I have it in the shade Amsterdam and I love it. It takes a few minutes to completely dry down but when it does it leaves a flawless finish that stays put. The smell of these liquid lipsticks are also amazing and remind me of chocolate.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are excellent! I'm not hugely into mattes, mainly because they tend to look cakey and dry and grotesque and separated on the lips 10 minutes after applying... most of us have seen those icky unflattering pictures of the the tall Kardashian sister and Kylie sporting matte lip looks and it's pretty gnarly when mattes go bad. These DON'T do that! They are very creamy in texture, and they seem to last and keep their integrity much longer than other mattes. They're also really inexpensive and have a huge variety of colors. The colors are so good honestly sometimes I add glosses because I want a shiny look but I just love these and don't necessarily reach for my glossy formulas. My favorites are is Istanbul, Amsterdam and Addis Ababa. I also love Transylvania and Copenhagen but haven't yet got the balls to wear them out.

on 11/9/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have these in a bunch of colours. Transylvania is the best colour. Texture for some of the formulas are sheer and others are very opaque. They dry down nicely

on 11/9/2016 6:48:00 AM

I have twenty something of this,so let's talk about them.
Half of my lip product are from NYX,the other half from MAC.

How I apply:
Thin first coat with lip balm underneath,blot with tissue paper,thick smooth second coat ,wait for it to dry for about 5+ minutes.

Favorite  colors:
Rome : deep but not dark red tone nude aka color of my dream.
Monte carlo : this and MAC Russian Red are two of red color I would wear
Cannes : my everyday nude lip choice

Pros:
They don't have that drag or crack feeling on the lip.
They are not dry or tacky what so ever.
Smooth creamy texture.
Almost transfer proof after dried.
With out a lot of oil,you don't really have to do any re touch after food.
Fade evenly through out the day.
Sleek package.
Affordable.

Cons:
Strong artificial smell.
Some of the pale and dark colors are patchy.
Take a long time to dry.
Some of the colors are always out of stock.

on 11/9/2016 3:32:00 AM

Love the colour selection, not the formula. I have these in Cannes, Zurich & Stockholm. No matter how much I layer on, I feel it's not opaque enough and my natural lip colour still shows through. And I can't sit through a meal without having it disappear on me. I'm tired of reapplying. I don't like to waste so I'd still use these for running short errands where I know I won't be eating. Won't repurchase. Gotta find a higher quality dupe for Zurich though. I love that colour.

on 11/7/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this in the shade Stockholm and it's really really nice. It's much more moisturising than any other matte lip product and the colour is beautiful, although not quite the same shade as the packaging itself. It also has a very nice scent - cupcake or something. The formula is smooth and it glides on well, but the applicator is average. On the whole, I'm a fan.

on 11/1/2016 10:05:00 AM

I had good experience with NYX in the past, and purchased the soft matte lip cream vault for its value. It is $64.99 at Ulta, and with a 20% off coupon it makes the entire set $51.99. With 36 shades, this equals about $1.44 per shade. Even being a little over half the size of the full sized product (0.158 oz vs 0.27), this is still a bargain. Unfortunately, after trying the actual product, I don't think this is worth buying. This is primarily because the formulation is so poor. I've found that only the paler shades have a smooth, even application. Anything in a darker shade is patchy and streaky. Even after building with several layers it just looks terrible. It also has poor staying quality (you have to reapply often, as opposed many matte liquid lipsticks like KVD or colourpop). There is also a lot of packaging waste because the handle is half the size of the actual tube...this might be because the size of the products in the vault is smaller than the actual full size. I'll have to return this set, even though I regret the waste of the products if returned.

Popular Lips Products