NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 2/16/2017 1:17:00 AM

Mousse texture. Not my fav

I own a few of these in the shade london, cannes, transylvania, san paulo and abu dhabi. And i've already repurchased abu dhabi and london. These are the first liquid matte lipsticks ive ever owned. Got them for the first time like 3 years ago so i guess that's more than enough time to make a review! London and abu dhabi are my go to, literally almost every time im wearing heavier eye makeup like a smokey eye i would wear either one of those. Typically with matte liquid lipsticks i would apply a lipbalm first no matter what, and these in my opinion are more on the comfier side of the matte liquid lipstick spectrum. The color payoff honestly isnt the best but i really dont mind. The price is on point and the packaging is uber cute! The only reason why i deducted one lippie from this product is because i find that the formula is inconsistent in every color (at least the ones i own). For example, abu dhabi, london, transylvania and san paulo has a matte(r) finish compared to cannes which is more velvety and doesnt seem to set. It still looks matte but i can still move it around if that makes any sense. I think i will never not have these in my collection! Definitely will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The pink and nude shades are great. They look good and they are a good bargain. They run out fast but thats reasonable according to the price. The packaging is cute and you can take them everywhere with you. Darker shades are a disappointment after an hour without replying. Once i wore SMLC21 Transylvania out and i just had to reapply it over and over again. I got comments on it but for me it wasnt really worth it. I used a primer, lip lined my entire lips and put some translucent powder on it. But again I would wear it on photos because the colour is really gorgeous.

on 1/27/2017 5:09:00 PM

I own the colours Madrid and London. I love the colours, there is a huge range as well. They feel quite velvety on the lips, they have nice applicators and smell very nice. However, they wear off pretty quickly, feel quite drying and aren't pigmented enough in my opinion. I would purchase again based on the fact they are so affordable, easily accessible where I live and you can just touch up throughout the day.

on 1/27/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Personally not a fan I find they are drying and just wear off quickly

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like these soft matte lip creams if I don't feel like putting on an overdrying liquid lipstick. Whenever I first got this, I was expecting a soft, mauve nude. I put it on and it's this bright reddish-pink. I was kind of frustrated because the color of the tube didn't match the actual color of the product at all. I like the color now, but I hate it when it's not the color you expected. The color of the tube and the actual product were two different colors. Step it up NYX! I probably wouldn't bother buying these again.

on 1/26/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got Dubai as part of the Wanderlust palette and I cannot believe I held out on these for SO LONG. I never bought into the hype around these but god I was missing out. The formula applies smoothly, drying down to a beautiful chiffon finish, plus it hardly ever transfers!! Only thing I would say is that the pigment can be a bit inconsistent (as with most dark colours) but nothing a small touch up cannot fix. Love!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I can't believe I have never reviewed these! Shocking, generally the only down fall with these is picking the wrong shade and there are so many now its a possibility so its best to give them a try first before buying where possible.

When these first came out I bought London and Amsterdam. London was perfect and I finished it but Amsterdam was too light a red for me it looked a bit coral. In fact it is only the reds I have had a bit of trial and error with because I found some of the darker reds a bit patchy and the lighter reds did not suit my skin tone, until I met Monte Carlo.
Fast forward a couple of years and finally the UK make-up market has come to its senses and installed NYX in Boots stores so now I have Rome which is my ultimate MLBB, Cannes a soft peachy nude that I wear with brown lip liner, Seoul which is a lovely going out pinky purple, Prague a work friendly medium pink, Berlin a beautiful warm brown, Budapest a deep rosy brown and of course the aforementioned Monte Carlo which is a classic true red.

I prefer the texture of these over most liquid lipsticks they do not dry out your lips they are easy to reapply, they are a creme that wears down evenly and you can build the colour gradually, genius really for £5. I love Monte Carlo especially because on my dark skin it is a soft red and very easy to wear. The star for me though is Rome - I carry this shade with me every day because its just that good- its like someone from NYX saw the pinky brown in my lips and said " lets make that a matte lip creme shade" - Thanks guys, I'll be buying this shade for life! Find your shades in this range and you're basically set.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased these in Athens (nude-peach), Cairo (nude) and Transylvania (dark purple).

This is an extremely inexpensive, lip cream that packs great color.

I enjoy the felt tip applicator, and creamy texture. Applies so smooth!

However, this doesn't dry down to a completely matte finish More of just a creamy lipstick. I prefer more of a matte lipstick for the staying power, but this is a good cheap alternative to add to your collection.

For the price, definitely pick up a shade you enjoy and try it.

These were the first "liquid lipsticks" I tried and I love them! They don't totally dry down to a matte finish, so yes they transfer but it is a lip CREAM. I think they have a nice rang of colors for any and all skin tones too. The packaging is really cute and small and I think they are only $6! I have acquired quite the collection over the past few weeks and I just can't get enough! At the moment it is my "go to" lip product. It's not drying, it's not tacky, it's not sticky. It's comfortable and wears for a decent amount of time if you are not planning on eating or drinking regularly while you are wearing this product. After you eat you do need to reapply for sure, and it reapplies really nicely I find! I think we found a solid winner!
If you want to take a dive into the liquid lipstick world I highly recommend this product!