NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

I have a few nude shades (Cairo, Stockholm, Cannes, Abu Dhabi, London and a few more), I like the lip creams. They are not the best, they feel a bit drying but not like the Lip Lingeries, they are still for the most part comfortable on the lips. After a few hours of wear the lip creams start to crumble on my lips and it's difficult to reapply the lip cream. Some shades are streaky, especially Cairo, I'm not for sure going to repurchase Cairo. I've heard that there are some inconsistency with the shades.

on 3/10/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I bought the Prague, which becomes a deep and classy rose against my natural tan and I've gotten lots of compliments on my lips.
The color takes a few minutes to dry but stays put well enough - at least until you eat pretty much anything or drink a latte. But that goes without saying for all liquid matte lipsticks!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Much prefer this over the NYC gloss. Good value. As good as my KVD? No, but costs a lot less (esp w Ulta coupon). :) I also just picked up a tube of NYX Lingerie. So far, slightly prefer the second. Seems to last longer on the lips? Both lipsticks are drying BUT like how long they last. Love I can't drink them off my lips.... I *would* buy the Matte Cream again, BUT think for $2 more I would go w Lingerie type.

on 3/2/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have this in 09 "Abu Dhabi", and I love it! It's like a normal matte lipstick, only in liquid form. The issue with actual liquid lipsticks tends to be that they sink into any cracks and just feels dry and disgusting. That's not a problem with this product. It glides on, and is easy to apply without any extra fuss. It feels quite pleasant on the lips, and you can at first "massage" your lips together like you would with a lipgloss. It does dry matte, so you can't do that once it's dry(if you were to want to smooth it out), but it's very easy to touch up and looks as good as new with minimal effort.
This shade is a nude, and it wears off very naturally without being noticeably patchy. It might get patchy in other shades, but "Abu Dhabi" is very forgiving. "Abu Dhabi" looks very brown in the packaging, and I was afraid that it wouldn't suit my (very fair) skin tone, but it actually suits me very well. It's not an MLBB, but it looks very natural and put together. I reach for it all the time nowadays.

This is a very user-friendly product, and I will be buying more shades!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I possess several shades of these lipcreams and I love them. A great product for a very affordable price. I love the nude shades (Abu Dhabi, London, Athens, Cannes) and the darker shades Berlin and Copenhagen. They go on very creamy and light and don't dry out my lips. My only qualm is with one shade Transylvania which is the darkest shade (a super dark plum) which can go on a bit patchy but if you build it up carefully it looks great. These lipcreams are must-haves, mainly because they are so comfortable on the lips and they smell divine too.

on 2/28/2017 6:47:00 PM

I bought this in Milan and I love it! It's a nice pink colour on my lips. I wouldn't go with the swatches because everyone's got different natural lip colour. I would highly encourage trying the colours on your lips before purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

These little babies are truly a drugstore gem! By far the best matte lip cream I've found, and so cheap! I usually get mine at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50 % off. They smell great, like vanilla cupcakes (very suttle, not too overpowering) and they are so easy to put on. The texture is like a mousse, and blends so well, doesn't cake up my lips, and comes off easily. Honestly, I have these in almost every color and wear them every day to work. I've gotten so many compliments, and I see why. These lip creams are simply amazing!

on 2/20/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, personally. I purchased the colour Istanbul, which is a fun cool toned pink. Nyx is a cruelty free brand, however it is owned by Loreal who are not cruelty free. I personally choose to still support Nyx, but I know that being owned by a parent company that are not cruelty free is an issue for some people!

Where I currently live the only place to purchase Nyx products in person is at Shoppers Drug Mart. These lipsticks are $10.49 at Shoppers I believe, but I picked it up when it was on sale for $8.99. I believe that online, in the U.S., these are closer to $5 buuuut sadly I live in Canada!

I don't typically wear matte lip products. I prefer satin finishes or glossy finishes, as I just find them more comfortable. I do enjoy this product, though! I don't find it accentuates any lines in my lips or dries them out terribly, so it's not uncomfortable to wear.

I think the packaging on this is cute! It's a small bottle, when compared to most liquid lipsticks, but I like it better that way. The tube of the product is showing what colour the lipstick is and the top/lid of the product is a nice matte black. The applicator is a doe foot one, but it's got an angle on it to help apply the product easier.

I'm not a big fan of the scent. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I would've preferred the product to just be scent less, though. Once the product is applied I can't smell it, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

I like the colour I purchased, but I do feel like the bottle makes it look like a more light pink. I feel like the true product is a darker pink, but it's a pretty colour! I'm excited to wear it more often now that we're getting back into spring. I think it just brightens up my look.

I feel like this might be more of a 4.5/5 product, or maybe 4/5 as it's not a true matte, I feel like. At least not in the way so many people are used too - on YouTube and beauty blogs I hear a lot about completely transfer proof matte lipsticks. This lipstick is *not* transfer proof. At least mines never been! It lasts longer and definitely transfers less than my creamy lipsticks, but if I drink water or kiss someone's cheek - lipstick is left behind. If you're looking for a transfer proof matte lipstick, then this isn't it. That isn't a deal breaker for me, because it doesn't suck the life out of my lips like transfer free products look like they generally do. For me, this is a 5/5 lip product, though!

worth my money! It is so lightweight that it feels like i am not wearing anything at all and it does last. It neither flake nor make my lips dry upon application. A really
happy buy!

It has this nice vanilla(?) kinda scent.

on 2/17/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great colours and love the smooth "whipped-like" texture with a matte finish. Looks great when first applied to a clean bare lip, and lasts for hours. But because it's a matte finish it becomes very dry and flakey. It can be high maintenance as far as touch ups are concerned. As it can create cakey layers. It's better to just wipe offf the remainder and reapply to a clean lip. Tip: apply lip balm (I like Burts Bees) before applying lip cream. Also use NYX waterproof extreme color lip liners

Popular Lips Products