NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 4/25/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have these in Milan, Stockholm, London and instanbul. I love love love these!!!!! They look lovely and soft on the lips and patted into your lips with a little lip liner gives you that perfectly soft blotted lip look. Also I find them incredibly versatile and have been using them on my cheeks as a cream blusher. Because the texture is soft and moussey they look great on the cheeks and blend in really easy and seamlessly. They don't last that long but that's okay because they aren't meant to be liquid lipsticks. I really love the look, feel and texture to these products for an everyday wearable lip that is easy to achieve unlike a traditional lipstick or matte liquid lipstick. Worth a try and for the price you really have nothing to lose!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This lip cream is SO GOOD. I use it everyday, since it's really cheap and easy to put on. Honestly, this is much better than the liquid suede one or the lingerie liquid lipticks. The color selection is so wide, my all time favorites are London, Stockholm and Athens and they are the most flattering nude colors on me. It takes quite some time to dry, but once it does, it doesn't feel drying AT ALL. It's a very soft matte. The only problem I've had with this is that it's not long-wearing, so everytime I eat, I have to re-apply it again, but that's fine with me. Pigmentation is 10/10
Packaging is 10/10
Odor smells like my grandma's perfume (not in a bad way)
Longevity 6/10

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this lip cream in Sydney, a blue based true pink. It is a stunning color! It complements my fair and cool coloring so well. It is a matte shade, but not drying like some other matte lip colors, so I can wear it comfortably for hours. It passes the drink/straw test, but doesn't survive a meal, but that's not a big problem for me. I use this with NYX's lip pencil in Dolly Pink (a perfect match) and if I want a glossy finish I layer on NYX butter gloss in Merengue, a lovely shade of pink that borders on lilac. I can't wait to try other colors from this line! I recommend this shade to anyone with fair/cool coloring or anyone who loves a barbie pink lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

There's a reason Kylie jenner has recently launched a new semi-matte lip line. 😏 These has got to be one of the most comfortable liquid matte gloss I've tried. It feels so creamy and smooth on lips. It boots out the cons of a typical matte lipstick drying and flaking out. Id say pigment is there but lasting power for me is 3-5 hours before reapplying. Which is fine, i don't ever feel the need to apply lip balm or base beforehand, I'll just exfoliate. It honestly feels as if the formula nourishes my lips as i wear it. Not bad.

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

on 4/13/2017 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

if you're a diehard liquid lipstick fan, and are looking for something extremely matte and longwearing, then you probably aren't going to like these very much. BUT, if you're someone who likes the vibe wearing matte lips gives your overall look yet hate the way liquid lipsticks make your lips feel and are willing to sacrifice some of the matte finish and long weartime for a product that's more comfortable to wear, then look no further! these are great. a lot of people criticize these for being crappy liquid lipsticks. but i mean, to me they seem to be an entirely different category of product. they're matte-ish, and they're lip products, but they're definitely not 100% comparable.

like many matte lip products, these do not feather. it can be tricky to get clean lines with application, but when you put this on, it really doesn't move, although it isn't 100% matte so it's not 100% smudge or smearproof. these also wear down more quickly than liquid lipsticks do. however! they are also a lot more comfortable to wear, imho. no matter how i prep my lips beforehand, liquid lipsticks always seem to make my lips shrivel up and look gross as the day goes on. these are matte enough that they have that effect too to some extent, but it's not nearly as obvious or as uncomfortable. these are also easier to mix and ombre as a result of their creamier texture, and they are easier to touch up and reapply than any of my other matte lip products.

only downsides for me would have to be that the product itself is pretty streaky in a lot of the shades. you do have to work harder with some of these than others to get full pigment across your entire lip. additionally, for those familiar with color theory, these are quite bright, clear shades. it's hard to find muted tones in this line, in my personal experience. i don't love that about them, and it means that i don't have as many shades options in the line as i'd like.

but i digress...final verdict, i like these, i wish i lived in the states rn so i could try more colors because they're really some of my fav lip products to wear. i highly recommend them to anyone who isn't too fussy about makeup and doesn't want to spend too much money on their lip products. if you haven't tried them already, you definitely should!

on 3/31/2017 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: Berlin, a warm brown that can go from nude to full on deep brown depending on how much you layer it
TEXTURE: thin, moussey
PIGMENTATION: needs building up to get full on color
LASTING POWER: around 4 hours before it starts to fade or sinks into lip lines
APPLICATION: Always put on lip balm first. Apply an even layer on, let it set a bit. Apply second layer for better pigmentation. This is what I find works best for me, if I put on too much at first, it feels tacky, never fully sets and wears off easily.

Overall, I'm not crazily impressed by the formula of these, but the color I got is so special that I would definitely buy it again. Such a steal for how much it costs!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Absolutely love this range of lip creams! Its matte without being too drying, and there's soooo many colours to choose from! I have tried most of the shades and my ultimate favourite would definitely be Madrid, followed by Cannes.

Madrid is such a beautiful dark red colour! I love dark lip colours but it is really difficult to find the 'perfect' one. And Madrid is the one for me! It brightens up my complexion and looks good with so many types of makeup. I love it.

Cannes on the other hand is the perfect MLBB everyday colour!

Other shades that I like includes San Paulo and Prague.

The formula of this is really good, even though it does transfer. Reapplication is no trouble since it is not super drying. The applicator is also really good for defining the lips precisely. The price is also really reasonable!

Would highly recommend!

on 3/13/2017 9:26:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product because the colors are beautiful! But at as a matte lip cream this doesn't do it for me. The color wears off so easily and I find myself constantly reapplying. Do however always come back to it because the color and how it looks on my lips.

Oooh Lordie Lord....I just have so much love for this product.
It is one of the first liquid lipsticks I tried back in the days and to be honest, there has never been any other liquid lipstick that overall topped this one.
The colour range is beautiful, from gorgeous nudes to bright bold colours and deep vampy shades.
From all of the nude lipsticks (liquid or solid) I have, I always come back to Zurich as my all time favorite natural nude lip colour it is just peeeerfect.
They feel moussy and soft on your lips, not drying at all, opaque matte colour without emphasizing the lines in the lips, fade very natural and last a decent amount of time especially considering the fact that they don't claim to be long lasting.
If these would be long lasting and kissproof though, I would never even try another liquid lipstick anymore because this would be all i need.