NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 11/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff burns my lips :( I guess because of the vanilla scent, but so far I haven't been able to use any liquid lipsticks or lip stains without a reaction. I used Stockholm and while the color is gorgeous, it dried my lips out and didn't stay looking even on me. It seems to work for some though, so maybe it's my sensitivity. I think I'll stick with semi-matte/classic solid lipsticks or moisturizing tinted lip balms. I'd rather my lips look soft and have to reapply my color.

on 9/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

I like this for everyday wear since it is smooth and silky on my lips. Only problem is it doesn't last very long unless I put a ton of lip liner. I have three and plan on purchasing again. Very good for the price.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! They are a long lasting lipstick that is almost like a stain, but a bit creamier.

They can be a bit patchy if you don't exfoliate your lips first, but I do with some homemade sugar scrub and they go on like butter. They are also a bit drying at the 10 hour mark, but I kind of expected this since they are a drugstore brand. I keep some rose oil handy in my purse and slather on top and it gives me a nice sheen that mixes with whatever color I have on underneath.

I have Stockholm, Zurich, and Cannes. For reference I'm about an NC20 and pretty yellow, and I also have a lot of pigment in my lips that leans blue. So it's a challenge for me to find "natural" and nude lipsticks that don't make me look like a corpse.

Stockholm is a a very warm light peachy brown that is a bit too orange for my skin tone. Someone about NC35 and darker would find this to be a lovely warm nude, however.

Zurich is what I wanted to find in Stockholm. It is a light peachy pink with just enough brown that mixes very well with my skintone and natural lip color. The lipstick is definitely full coverage but as it starts to wear down a bit and my natural lips peek through, it's a complement rather than a contrast, especially when I mix it with my rose oil.

Cannes is a darker, slightly cooler, pinkier version of Zurich that I'm fairly convinced would look good on anyone. It is such a beautiful color and I didn't have any texture or fading issues with this, which is important since it's a darker shade (and dark lipsticks can tend to bleed matter what brand you buy).

Overall I highly recommend these especially if you're trying out the matte lipstick trend and don't feel like dropping 30 bucks on one tube of lipstick. These are cruelty free, have a huge range of colors, and are very affordable. Just be sure to exfoliate your lips first and you'll be good!

on 8/22/2017 11:55:00 AM

I think that they are overrated, I don't get the hype. These lip creams are patchy, hard to work with, "bleed" into soft lip wrinkles, they're not long lasting, applicator is to stiff and the only good thing about them is the smell. They smell exactly like whipped cream. First I got Copenhagen and it was so bad but I thought "ok its dark color they are notorious for being patchy ok lets try with another" and than I bought Rome and Amsterdam and nothings changed. Don't waste your money.

on 8/19/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have strange relationship with these. I LOVE some of the colors, the smell is nice, they are so comfy to wear but they just are so patchy and they don't last on my lips at all. Berlin is my fav shade but the maintenance it requires it annoying. I probably will repurchase because I have no self-control.

LOVE THESE. I personally like a matte finish but find that every other matte lips so drying but these! It applies smoothly and the colours in the collection are REALLY nice! I personally have Budapest, Rome and Berlin and they are some of my favourite shades of all time.

on 8/14/2017 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the formula!! It is a matte lipstick but it DOESN'T dry out your lips! Amazing! I got the color Amsterdam and it is so much brighter than in the package! I was a little alarmed but it drys to a really pretty red color. Very bright but it could be wearable if you like that type of color. They not last like a normal liquid lipstick does. Eating will make them patchy. For the price I think that these lip creams are worth it!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

One of my favourite lip products. I have two shades, Paris, and Los Angeles. Both shades on me have laste for a few hours, but they do start to wear away if I've eaten. Drinking water and things like that doesn't seem to affect the wear time. They do dry down to a matte finish after a while and it can get too dry; so I put a little bit of vaseline on my lips before application to help with that. The smell is also really good.

These are some of the OG liquid lipsticks and they are still great. Some of the best in my collection. They're very mousse-y and not liquidy at all. I have the colors Havana (a dark blue/purple), Vancouver (a very dark plum), and Copenhagen (deep, vampy red). Out of these, Havana is the most difficult to build up to full opacity, and Copenhagen is the easiest to work with. Here are some of my thoughts:

+ You can't beat the price and the quality. Pick these up at Ulta during a sale.
+ Huge color range.
+ These don't dry down completely, but they have less transfer than many other liquid lipsticks I've tried, and they remain very comfortable throughout the day.
+ They all layer really nicely.
+ They smell like vanilla or cake or something. Nothing strong, but pleasant.
+ Copenhagen is GORGEOUS. One of my favorite lipsticks, both for the color and the formula.
+ I've worn these with and without a lip liner. They work fine either way, though I prefer to wear these with a clear lip liner just in case. You know how it is with dark lipsticks.

- These are not completely transfer proof, though they don't advertise themselves as such.
- Some colors are difficult to work with. Havana has a lot of potential but it will never look completely blue/purple on me. Too sheer.

I will repurchase Copenhagen, and I will be trying more colors. These are really, really great and they outperform many more expensive lipsticks, both drugstore and high end.

on 7/10/2017 8:07:00 AM

I really enjoy using these. The colour range is good. The lipstick is matte and not drying. I have dry lips but this does not exaggerate my lip lines. The only downside is that it doesn't stay long on my lips. Using a lip liner helps with the longevity. I guess I can reapply. Another point is that reapplying it doesn't make it cakey. 😊