Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.6

I used the zebra print and found it easy to use and a lot of fun, great for parties!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I followed the directions, but the product just shredded when I filed off the excess. Difficult for me to get smooth and not bubble. Very time consuming with lackluster (at best) results.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product, albeit steeply priced. They're a fun, (relatively) easy way to bring a little art to your nails that requires little to no creative expertise and are longlasting to boot. I've used these twice and neither time did I experience much in the way of peeling or chipping. Both times I removed the strips only because I was just ready for a new manicure after having worn them for a week. I use both a base and top coat with these so that might be helping with wear time too. They're a little bit tougher to remove than regular nail polish, but no more difficult than polishes that contain a heavy amount of glitter. For easy removal, I'd recommend dousing cotton balls in acetone and adhering them to your nails with aluminum foil or saran wrap and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. After that, removal is usually a breeze.

My favorite thing about these strips is that they don't require time to dry. I don't know why, but my nails take forever to dry no matter what combination of polish, base and top coat I use. Seche Vite may dry my nails to the touch in 5 minutes, but my manicure can be easily dinged, nudged and dented for a good two hours or more if I'm not careful. With these, I'm completely good to go as soon as my top coat dries. That makes these a life saver when I'm in a hurry and don't have the time to wait around for my manicure to fully cure,

I do find these slightly awkward to apply, but I think that has more to do with my clumsy fingers than a design flaw. It's usually a bit of a struggle for me to lay it down flat and straight, but it's not so bad that it won't become easier with practice.

My only real complaint with these is the price. Unless you have short nails and/or small nail beds, you're only going to get one use out of every box. If you're used to going to the salon to get your nails done, $10 a manicure will sound like a real deal but if you're used to doing your nails with your own polish at home, $10 a manicure makes buying and wearing Chanel polishes seem cheap. You may be paying more up front for a bottle of a high end nail lacquer, but it'll last you for multiple manicures making them a much better value. Still, these nail strips are cute and fun enough that they're worth the occasional splurge,

on 3/13/2012 7:46:00 PM

I'm sad. There's so many positive reviews and it simply didn't work for me. I followed the instructions and did everything. I got it to stay on my left hand's nails and it just wouldn't work on the right hand. I applied a top coat to all the fingers and it just didn't last. Once I got into the shower, the sides of the effects, like where your nails meet the side of your finger, just started peeling. So disappointed

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. When I first saw it i wasn't too keen on buying it but the packaging was so cute that i decided to get it. The first time i put it on i used up the
whole package but the second time i used one pack and cut the strips in half which gave me two applications. The polish itself dries instantly after you apply it ( not that it's wet, it's soft and could rip) i started to notice tiny chips after wearing it for three days which is a long time considering that i do arts and crafts in school which always ruins my nail polish.i got the strips in kitty kitty and received quite a lot of compliments on them. As for the price they are quite expensive i think that they cost around €9 but are absolutely worth it. :)

on 3/1/2012 1:37:00 AM

I love this product!
they are so easy to apply. and even more easy to take off.
the key is to add a top coat! at least two layers.
three layers for the best results!!!!

this is my 2nd time wearing them
the first time i wore kitty kitty and now i have on flower girl.
its BEAUTIFUL.

i didnt have any chipping what so ever with my last set of these strips and i kept them on for about 7 days. This time i will keep it on for 10+ days to see how long they really last!...

MUST BUY!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i absolutely LOVE these! i'm completely obsessed! i bought the black & white checkered one (called Check Please, i think.) the tattoo design one (called Tattoo Much) and the flower print one (called Power Flower, i think.) and i tried the black and white checkered one first and immediately fell in love. it's SOOO important to follow the directions exactly, i feel most people probably skip steps or rush through them because they think they're not that important, but trust me, they are! it took me only about 15 or 20 minutes to do both hands, and that was without ever having done these before! i don't understand why some people complained that it took them 90+ minutes... maybe they were doing it wrong? no idea. but i would ABSOLUTELY purchase these again. speaking of purchasing, if you're comparing these to the price of a regular old nail polish (which is usually under 5 bucks) then obviously they seem expensive. BUT if you compare them to the price of a manicure (20 or more dollars) then they're pretty darn cheap! i got mine for $9.99 each at walgreens and i am perfectly satisfied with the product, price & durability! they lasted me 13 days before i decided to take them off (only because i was DYING to try another design! they would have easily lasted me another week, if not more. they weren't chipped or peeling at all.) i guess if i had to make one complaint, it would be that it took some hardcore scrubbing on my nails with remover to get the stickers off, but to me, that just shows how durable they are and how long they last! i got TONSSSS of compliments on them and am now totally devoted to sally hansen. i can't wait to try more of these!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These are terrific if you go slowly, read the directions, and practice. My daughter begged me to get these for her, and I did her nails first. They came out just okay, but she peeled them right off. I was intrigued, so I bought the one with blue sparkles, and followed the directions exactly. I suggest that take your time to apply these. I also put a clear topcoat over them, and I am going on one week with just some tiny chips on a couple nails. These are a fantastic product because I feel they protect your nails, and there is NO drying time. I would definitely keep practicing putting these on. I think the designs are fun, and way cheaper than paying for a manicure.

on 2/22/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the red & black plaid version at Christmas. I found them difficult to apply. They chipped easily. On day 2 I put on clear top coat, which helped.
They really caught peoples' attention, mostly asking, 'how did you do that?' They were quite fun for Christmas.
I would never buy again because of the difficulty of getting them off. It took nearly half a bottle of polish remover and much scrubbing. I've never had trouble with my nails peeling or splitting, but since Christmas I have. The only thing I can attribute this is to the chemicals I had to use to get the stuff off.

on 2/21/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I picked up 3 boxes of these on clearance the other day at Rite Aid…I’ve wanted to try them but haven’t been willing to pay 10 bucks a pop. They were 75% off, so I was happy with the sale.

I got turquoise, yellow & orangey red (sorry I don’t have the names handy). I assume this is the “old” color range. But be careful & make sure you look at the little packet of strips inside the box to see if they are faded. Luckily, I noticed some of them were really faded before I bought them and traded them for “good packages.”

On to the application…I was really excited to try these this weekend! All the colors I got were super bright, but I thought the turquoise would be ok. Well the color turned out to be more of a mermaid-y/sparkle-y turquoise so I ended up aborting the mission. I did test 2 nails though since I had already prepped my nails. Once you peel the color off the strip, it kind of starts warping – that was a little annoying. But I got it on the nail and pressed it down with the cuticle stick – I found the stretching to be really helpful in evening out the strip. Before I started stretching it, there were lots of lumps/bubbles. The nails looked nice, but since I wasn't in the mood for this color I peeled them back off.

Overall, I can see these taking a REALLY long time to apply. Yes, it would be nice not to have to wait for them to dry, but I usually use quick dry anyway. I will probably use the other boxes in the summer, but don’t know if I’ll be running out to buy them again.

Popular Polishes