Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Awful is what i got to say about these. I ahve tried them more than once hoping it would work for me and thinking it was me just not applying them correctly. But oh no these are just horrible. They look pretty but are a big huge pain to put on and they shredy bubble up they are just awful

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A great beauty innovation. This is what I use when I don't have time for a manicure or just don't feel like spending all that money. I have gotten compliments on my shade (don't remember the name but it was a matte "greige") by women who obviously thought it was a high-end-salon manicure -- they really do look that realistic. I have purchased and repurchased these multiple times. They are adding more and more shades by the month, it seems, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in "tutu much" which appears to be an opaque light pink. The reason I bought it because I get tired of trying to create a light pink nail without doing 4 different layers. When I actually got them out of the packet, it was clear that the colour, once taken off the backing paper, was sheer. Disappointing! Nonetheless, these are mess free, my nails haven't chipped in the three days I've had them on, they're pretty easy to apply, and I think tutu much could be quite cute as a french manicure (if only I knew that you could apply it over the top of polish - which I don't believe you can. So I'm disappointed that the colour isn't what I expected. That said, if there were a pattern I liked, I think these are great. I don't really like patterned nails, but hopefully the plain colours can be improved.

Also disappointed to pay $15 for the one manicure. Though this isn't expensive, I tried to make it last for 2 by cutting them, but the sizes of the nails were not very good for me, and I had only enough to do one. Given I was disappointed with the colour, this is $15 I would have put towards a real mani!

Might buy again if I see a cute pattern and if it's on special. Don't buy Tutu Much without expecting it to be sheer! might be the same for the other plain colours.

I loved these! Nail polish always seems to chip after just a day or two, and these lasted over a week and looked professional. I might end up using these for my wedding since they lasted so long and didn't take long to apply.

My only problem with them is that you get 16 strips instead of 20, so that leaves 6 left over if you do all 10 nails. I guess you could get creative and add real polish to the nails that don't get the coating, but it would have been cool to have two sets.

on 4/14/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this first on a pink color, without any shimmer or design, and it was awful...it didn't work at all, but then I tried the one that seems like laces with nude color and they are perfect....although a tiny bit chipped the next day it was my fault because I didn't applied that finger properly...besides that I liked them a loooot!! I would recommen using only the ones with patterns or glitter, because the solid colors, at least for me were the worst thing on earth.
They look very nice, and if your nails are short one package can be used for 2 manicures which is great because of the price.
Also it takes 2 o 3 "stickers" messed before you can actually place them properly...so with practice it gets better...it's not super easy nor super difficult

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Take note of these tips:
- Buy these on eBay! I got 5 packs for just $5 from an eBay seller.
- Cut the strips in half to get two manicures in one pack.

i loved this product it is amazing i just got it a few days ago, when i first got the product i put it on and it started to peel. so i kept trying and trying and then finally after waiting 30 or 20 minutes it stayed on my nails it has stayed ever since. the key is dont put a top coat or it will start to peel. i used flower girl i put it on my right and left ring finger and painted the rest of the nails a really bright pink ( i cant remember the brand name of the bright pink)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, its hard to say if I would or wouldn't buy these again. I said yes, because the quality of the product is good! But for me, I like to change polish frequently and the cost of these makes me cringe to only wear them a day. They would be GREAT for a vacation/business trip, etc. when you need something that will last through the entire time. There is a bit of a learning curve to getting them on correctly, but it isn't a steep one. And some of the patterns are completely adorable!

I love these nail appliques.

I used to be obsessed with nail polish, changing my nail colour up to once a day, and owning hundreds and hundreds of bottle of nail polish. But--it was a lot of work, prepping, painting, drying, removing...it became too much. I got lazy and stopped painting my nails especially after I finished school. My nails started to weaken when there was nothing on top to protect them, and I hated seeing the unsightly yellow colour of my nails from too nail colour changes. One day, I decided to try these nail appliques, even though I would've never imagined using them 1-2 years before (I saw it as cheating...)

The first time I used these it took me forever to apply them. You peel off the top clear protective film, then the bottom film protecting the adhesive, and place them on each finger. It was a mess the first time because I wasn't used to it. There were folds in the strip and I couldn't get to the edge of my nails. But, they did last a long time, almost up to the 10 days before I noticed any significant signs of wear.

I'm on my 5th pack now, 3 months since I've started using these, and I'm getting really good at the application part. I've managed to find a perfect match in terms of the strip shape for each of my fingers, and I no longer get folds in the strip when applying. I can cover the entire nail completely, and I'm a lot faster now at applying these (maybe 1 hour from removing the previous pattern to being completely finished, including the time it takes to file my nails). My last design lasted me THREE weeks. Yes, three. I did have some serious nail growth and some tip wear, but since it was a pattern with white in it, you couldn't really tell. I've received so many compliments on my nails (more than when I was painting them myself), and everyone wants to know how I got these cool patterns. I wear these for over the 10 days it claims to last, and my nails always still look great when I remove them. They rarely chip like real polish, although they do wear down at the tip and sometimes get tiny little cracks towards the end of their life.

They come in a variety of patterns, and I hope Sally Hansen continues to make more. They are pricey at about $8-$10 a pack, but since I can get 2-3 weeks of wear, I think they're worth it because I don't have time to paint my nails anymore (or wait for them to dry) and I don't like having other people doing my nails.

I will continue to repurchase again and again, and have considered wearing the plain baby pink one (Tu Tu Much) for my wedding. With actual nail polish, no matter the brand of base/top coat I use, the polish tends to chip on the 3rd/4th day, and I don't want to be painting my nails so close to the wedding day (no time). With these nail appliques I can do them a few days before and be sure that they will still look perfect on the big day and after when we go on our honeymoon!

So the patterns are wonderful and apply perfectly and last a long time, they are a bit thicker so for me they didn't bend as much.

I found a bunch of them on clearance at Kmart for 80 cents a box!! I was so thrilled I stocked up!!! However I tried the Cry Baby (a hot pink solid) and the application was horrible, it just kept bunching up because it was so thin and it kept creasing at the corners, I won't ever purchase solid colors from this line again.

I have also tried Kitty Kitty (leopard print) and Wild Child (zebra print) with perfect easy application, both lasted me 7 days, it would have been longer but I change my polish so often. I also cut the strips in half and get two applications with one box!

Also, I purchase mine online from eBay which often has twin packs for sale for 7 dollars with free shipping, so much better than 8 to 10 dollars for one box.

Overall I really love these, they have beautiful designs and last until you remove them with polish remover, I will keep stocking up as long as I find them cheaply!

Popular Polishes