Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.9

on 5/6/2011 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only dry shampoo that I've liked so far. I like the smell, light, not to strong. I have auburn hair and it does not leave a horrid white chunks in my hair (yes, I mean you, tresemme). I'm still looking for an HG, this does not qualify. I spray about 1 ft. from my hair, short, quick bursts. Rub in with my fingers, wait a couple minutes, then brush out with a natural bristle hairbrush (per instructions). Let me finish by saying, the can is small, the can is small, THE CAN IS SMALL. I was very surprised that such a little can was around $7 at Ulta. Off to read the Suave dry shampoo reviews. Will continue to buy if I don't find anything better.

ps. the can is small.

some points on this product, in no order
$9 CDN
I thought I had read that the original had a bad scent, and i also have had bad experiences with unpleasant smelling dry shampoos (furterer) so i spritzed this and thought it smelled nice enough.
cute vintage looking can.
used it on my dark brown hair and noticed no residue/powdery-ness.
my boyfriend said my hair smelled great.
seemed to work well too although i probably applied a bit too much (first time...) - could have been more conservative and just done my main roots
i think this might be a savior product for me. i'm desperately trying to grow my hair and the less often i have to wash it means the less often i have to heat style it.
i will update if my feelings change.

PROS: Works so well. I spray at roots only and then tap with my hands to sort of work in. Absorbs excess oil well. As long as I tap it where I've sprayed, it doesn't leave white powdery film like others do (my root area is med. brown.)

CONS: Smell is a weird floral, almost like flowers with a gas station bathroom deodorizer scent mixed in. Told you...weird. Hope I didn't offend anyone who likes that scent (or make you not like it anymore.) ;-) This does run out quick, so I buy at least two cans when I got to Sally's Beauty Supply. Does leave just the lightest film of powder, but when I tap it in, it goes away easily and quickly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I only spray at the roots cause that's where I need it. ;-)

ALTERNATES: I much prefer the original scent, or even the tropical. **Now Suave makes a dry spray shampoo, and it's the best I've tried.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo