Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG! This stuff is a GODSEND and very well be the only reason I'm able to make it to work on time on most days. I have a lot of fine hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it every day and the Batiste has spared me the luxury of going an extra day without washing/blow drying.

It works just like hairspray, you just spray your roots to absorb the oil and comb/brush as usual. This is a powder spray so it can turn your hair whitish if you get a little over zealous or too close but it goes away easily if you brush it out. There are a few scents available, Tropical, Original, Diva, Blush, etc. but I like Blush the best since it smells like a regular hair product, the others are a little over powering, especially the Diva. I purchase mine at Ulta but I've seen the Original Scent at Harmon Discount, Emiliani Beauty Supply, and Sally Beauty, the CVS stores near me do not carry it (NJ). It's about $6-7 anywhere I've seen it. One can lasts me about a month.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have dark hair so I found a lot of dry shampoos showed up in my hair and looked like dandruff! I wasted some cash on the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (super over priced!) before I heard about this.

I know some will find fault with the smell...I like the smell, I found the lemon original scent a little too strong, and this one fades more quickly. This seriously can take my hair from disgusting, sweaty and oily to picture perfect, and I have fine hair! It's super cheap and a can lasts forever, I love it!

on 11/24/2011 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice smelling DS, however I have to use so much of it! It's cheap to start with (between $7-10 AU), BUT I was finding that I had to repurchase after every few uses, which makes it SO EXPENSIVE!!. On the positive side, it smells nice, works to remove oliy roots, and looks natural.(no white or powdery cast once hair been brushed a couple of times)

I wouldn't purchase again given the cost per use, and have since found my HG Fudge Dry Shampoo, which is around $15-17 AU, but lasts 3-4 weeks with multiple uses, so in comparison is way cheaper than Batise DS, which doesn't last me a week. Fudge dry shampoo works better than Batise and feels like it's cleaning my hair rather than just reoving oil, but I guess Batise offers better variety given the many fragrances and the brunette option too. I've used 'blush' and 'diva' and both smell lovely.

Anyway, I give this 3 as it does get rid of oily roots and smell nice, but the price per use is a HUGE downfall.

Here's a summary of the dry shampoos I've tried (and wouldn't buy again as long as my HG Fudge DS is around lol). Cedel's DS is top of this list of memorable ones as it was so HORRIBLE. I gor the one in the purple can and it smells disgusting (chemical smell that made me gag), and leaves a horrible white and unnaural cast (my mum and friend both noticed how weird my hair looked and they never normally say anything), so I threw it out after two uses. Lee Staddord's Poker Straight DS at least smells ok, but given the price (maybe $16-18 AU) and the fact that I also needed heaps of it to do the job, I wouldn't buy again (especially given my Fudge HG). Klorane was the first DS I used, and it was ok for the purpose, and smells ok, but I had to use quite a lot (it retails for around $12-15 AU).

In summary, if the fragrances on offer from Batise outway the unbelievably high cost per use, or you have brunette hair (they have a DS for brunette hair, but I haven't tried it, maybe Batise is the brand to try. If on the other hand you want an inexpensive cost per use DS that works just as well if not better than Batise, that cleans hair, looks natural and smells nice, try Fudge DS (it got a bad rating as 3 out of 5 reviews are bad- but give it a go).

on 11/20/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good for freshing up in between washes, I also love the pink can! The scent is a bit floral and powdery, I like the scent but it lingers for quite a while so I would try it first to see if you like it. The Tropical one is nice as well that one smells like coconuts. The original one just smells fresh and citrusy and does not linger that long so that one is good if you sensitive to scents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite dry shampoo. I've been trying to find one that works for me, because I want to shampoo less to reduce damage and grow out my hair. A lot of them didn't seem to do anything, but this one really eliminates oil and doesn't leave any residue behind. It also has an amazing scent. I got a few cans of the travel-sized bottles from this Canadian beauty site ebeauty.ca (located here: http://bit.ly/qdVBWu) and it's great for when you have to go out straight after work. I also have bangs, which tend to get stringy and gross if I don't wash them every day, so this helps them look fresh all the time.

So I have wanted a good dry shampoo for some time now. I tried Tresemme's but it sucked so bad. My roots get very oily, and my scalp also develops odor quite quickly. Batiste not only neutralized the oiliness, but it eliminated the odor and added volume to my roots! I have nothing bad to say about this product. The blush scent also smells nice. HG!
*******As for the white residue, simply rub your hair until the white fades completely or brush it with a boar bristled brush! Do not spray the can too close to your hair; the point is for the product to grab onto the hair evenly! I have black hair, and the white residue was not a problem because I'm always able to rub it off.*******

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know how greasy other people's hair is, but mine only gets flat and a little oily in the afternoon of the second day after washing. You cannot go wrong with this stuff. It brushes into your hair so easily, and I have dark hair. Maybe some people are holding it too close and creating white patches. The scent is nice and an ok soft floral. I prefer the fresh version from Batiste. It smells really good. This is probably the best dry shampoo on the market, and I was using Oscar Blandi before it. Besides getting rid of oil, it creates texture and lifts at the roots. You have to section your hair the same way you would color it, but then spray and brush each section at a time. This is the only scent sold at my Sally Beauty, but I saw the Fresh version at Ulta.

on 6/23/2011 4:29:00 PM

Doesn't work well for me at all! Maybe this is just an old can or I'm not shaking it well enough or something, but this product doesn't do its job for me. It leaves my hair just as greasy as before and leaves white powdery residue. As for the smell, it's fairly pleasant at first but then kind of gets to you after a while. If you're the kind of person who always has to deal with an oily scalp and greasy hair, I do not recommend this.

I've always been a fan of the dry shampoo idea but couldn't find one I liked. I tried the powders and sprays, tinted and original, scented and non, etc. They left my hair feeling dirty and looking dull, if not white! I heard some buzz about Batiste and figured, why not? Picked up a can of Blush at Ulta for $8 and gave it a go. Whoopie!!! Not only does it smell good but it's really workable and doesn't leave a white cast or heaviness in my hair. How have I overlooked this magic in a can for so long? Not sure, but I do now my search for a dry shampoo is over :)

on 5/13/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this! I got mine at Sally's for about $7. I have to admit that I chose this one over the original one because of the pink can, it's adorable and sort of retro!
As for the product itself the smell is nice, it's not too strong and it doesn't stick with me throughout the day. It also makes my hair feel soft.
I asked my boyfriend if he thought my hair looked greasy or flat and he said that it looked like I'd washed it that day, so that's always good! All you have to do is make sure that you get all of the white residue massaged into your hair and you're good to go!

Top Rated Dry Shampoo