Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

2.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this makeup gives almost NO coverage. i honestly had to do a double take when i was putting this on because it did almost nothing to my skin, except make it slightly more orange. if you take a light coverage foundation, and subtract 80% of the coverage you get from a light coverage product, you get this. streaky, all up in my pore's business, and may have made parts of my face burn for a bit. it kind of works as a primer for my revlon new complexion makeup and stops it from creasing/ whatnot, but then i feel ridiculous for using two foundations that are both too warm for my skintone. it also works slightly better with laura mercier primer, but i feel ridiculous again wasting that on such a crappy foundation. bbcreams have made me spoiled, i think, because all the drugstore foundations i try are now woefully inadequate.

Grainy texture and greasy--not worth the money at all. I love cream foundations for the ease of use, but this one is not worth the $12 price tag. Will not buy again!

It was okay but way too cakey on my skin after a few hours. I felt like my face was melting and the color wasn't a great match. The packaging felt cheap in my hands. Just not a fan. Back to MAC I go!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Was on a hunt for makeup for winter for my dry skin. Thought to try this. I'm about nc 40/42 and picked up shade natural beige 60 (a bit too light). Maybe fresh beige 70 or even 80 would've been better. I have dry skin and thought a cream foundation would be best for winter, but nope not this. I like the liquid version and since I was out, thought I would try this one. This will accentuate dry patches, is not long lasting, but it is lightweight. Good uva-uvb protection, but not really good for medium-full coverage. Packaging is nice, just wish this would've worked for me or just as good as the liquid version...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Greasy. And weird. I have very dry skin and yet this still makes me look like a greasball, and I happen to like a dewy look. Not a lot of coverage, and like someone else said, powder only takes down the shine for about three minutes. It also accentuates pores and dry skin. Not a fan of this one, needless to say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Loved the SPF 55, but I just couldn't get the oily sheen off my face after using this product. Powder was only a temporary fix. I've got naturally-oily skin w/a history of acne. The "Natural Beige 60" color matched my NC42 skin tone well. This foundation didn't break me out, but I just don't have time to blot/powder every 30 min.

I'd recommend it to people w/naturally dry skin, as it's kind of greasy from the get-go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I've been using this for about a week & I think it's a pretty good product. You can tell it's meant for drier skins, but powder foundations didn't seem to have enough coverage for me & I wanted to try something new. When applying, it can look streaky but you can smooth it out. Surprisingly, it gave a lot of coverage, especially on my blemishes. Your face starts out looking dewy, but after a while, because I have oily skin & the weather is warm, it starts getting oily. I would recommend a light powder to set the oilier parts of your face. I got this at Target & it matches my skin pretty well, it feels extremely light and hasn't irritated my skin yet. I will be using this for a while :).
EDIT: Still loving this product! I have acne scars in addition to acne :/ & it covers it well. Only thing is that my skin looks paler than my body in pictures; maybe its the SPF?
EDIT2: I don't use Neutrogena foundations anymore. I find they make my skin too oily and they're actually pretty pink to me. Oh well, trials and errors.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is terrible! It's extremely greasy, doesn't blend well, and after about an hour of wearing it, it flake off and makes my skin look like it's peeling. Yuck!

The one good thing about it is that it didn't make my skin break out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on sheer impulse after spending a lot of time online looking for what I thought was not invented. I needed a summer time foundation that 1. Doesn't contain talc 2. Doesn't contain bismuth 3. Good for the skin and won't cause breakouts 4. Good color match 5. Inexpensive 6. Oh yeah and some SPF in it too! I couldn't find anything worth buying online so I picked this up at the local pharmacy. I was content with the ingredients and found a decent color match, not perfect though. I purchased Soft Beige #50. 50 is a tad too light for my NW30 with a slight tan. I'm not too bothered by the shade because tone wise, it's perfect. 50 was the only medium shade that didn't lean too yellow. 50 is more neutral and peach. As for the texture, it's actually very nice and glides on the skin with no effort which makes this foundation a winner on busy days. Fusy application isn't needed here! You can use the enclosed sponge, kabuki, BB, fingers, foundation brush whatever, it goes on nice. The finish sets to a satin glowy look and a setting powder is needed for us girls that can become oily. My only problem with this is that it doesn't cover blemishes and under eye circles. The coverage is light and by layering this, it doesn't graduate to higher cover, it just gets thicker. The packaing is nice and sturdy however, it takes hercules strength to open the damnn thing! I'm rating this a 4 until further notice. I'm on the lookout for 1. staying power in that hot heat & 2. any signs of skin irritations.
UPDATE: Okay, this has ZERO staying power. It looks very nice at initial application but fades quickly even with a highend well known setting powder! I'm talking about this being a two hour foundation MAX. I can assume this is more geared for dry skin types. Also, it sinks into my already large pores making them look terrible. Lastly, I exerienced some breakouts and reddness from this. I switched back to my Stila and my skin got back to normal. Up for swap this goes.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I originally saw this at CVS and figured with how greatly it was packaged, it would be a good product (especially since it was a whole $14!). However, when I put it on, my skin looked the absolute same than before I put it on, except lighter and more streaky. Barely provided any coverage, even with insane amounts used. Makes skin feel smooth, but after a little while it feels a bit more greasy.. It looks a lot darker than it actually is. I bought it matching the exact color to my facial tones, but the actual color turned out being much, much lighter when applied. I will not buy this product again.