Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

So I've been using this for a year and this is probably my least favourite foundation at the moment. The only reason I feel this, is because it's too heavy and my skin feels it.

The consistency is thick and mousse like. A little goes a long way and a pea size can cover your whole face. So in terms of value for money I think it is great. I love the sleek and smooth packaging as it's easy to travel with and looks well made.

When I put this on I feel I can only use a little, it spreads well but looks like heavy foundation which I do not prefer. Sometimes it looks like a mask. I have tried to mix in a moisturiser or oil to thin it out and this has been the best way to apply this. I makes a great tinted moisturiser. I find that it lasts all day and makes my skin look porcelain like (especially in photos). The only problem it looks like makeup and for everyday this can look over done.

I so want to love this product as it doesn't break me out and can hold oils very well but it's too heavy for me. I think if you are looking for high coverage that can cover a lot, this is great, would also perform well in photos as it looks flawless. For everyday though I like something lighter and more breathable.

What a name. It promises maximum coverage while staying on your skin for a very long time. The application is not for beginners. You have to blend quickly before it dries to a matte finish. If you want to apply a second layer on a spot, don't do it. It will be visible, yes, this foundation oxidizes and you will be left with a darker spot where you applied a second layer. This is an absolute no-go. You don't have to use a setting powder, but if you do, apply the thinnest amount or else you will end up with a cakey face. It's waterproof, and impossible to remove with rubbing (a little amount was left on the back of my hand where I pick up the product with my brush/sponge and it's still there). Yet on my combo skin (oily T-zone, normal to dry cheeks) it will disappear or get oily on my nose (MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, where are you?!). How can this happen when I applied a thin layer of powder? This stuff dries to a real, real matte finish. Your face will look like a mask. Prevent this with a thin layer which isn't able to give maximum/camouflage cover (duh). Packaging is the best thing about this product. Just squeeze a little or a great amount, you decide. No fear to let it fall on the cold floor. It's unbreakable. Overall, I wish this was a better version of Dermacol Makeup Cover. That foundation is THE maximum pigmentation you can get these days but it's so creamy that it won't stay long on your face. If it had a semi or matte finish Dermacol could totally beat Estee Lauder. I recommend this foundation to people with oily skin and a good hand for makeup application. Otherwise you will be disappointed.

I reviewed this a couple of years ago, my main (well, only!) complaint was that the shade range was shockingly poor.

I went to a counter in Debenhams Cardiff, and was delighted to find they have extended the range! While the shade is still a little too dark, it is only a shade and far more wearable. This, combined with the INCREDIBLE coverage and longevity means I am 100% in love!

This was my previous review:

The shade range with this foundation is shocking- the lightest shade is FAR too dark for my NC20! I find it such a shame, as it is otherwise a fabulous product. The coverage is amazing- it covers my severe acne easily and lasts all day long.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, I gave this stuff a chance. My previous review was rather harsh but I hated this upon first impression. It was thick, syrup-like and gritty and orange-y and just plain messy. I left it in the tube for a few months...went back to it a few days back while I was waiting on my new holy grail (Gerda Spillmann Bio-Fond Cream To Powder Foundation.) Anyway, I tried this again because I received one of my famous intuitive pulls to do so...wow, it was so much better than my first go!

This applied smoothly and evenly, appeared to be a totally different shade and the grittiness was gone. Weird, I agree...but am happy. It seems to apply seamlessly and best using a damp beauty blender. You need to work fast though as it dries to a skin-like finish fast. I say skin-like as it is not quite matte, not quite dewy, not illuminating, not satin, it's simply like real, legitimate skin. Not like a foundation I have ever seen before. It needs no powder to set and it sets extremely fast, and lasts a long time (around 6 hours.) Blending it with concealers and liquid lights is hard to do due to the formula, but this is not important as this foundation is able to be layered to act as a concealer and be full coverage all on it's own.

The shade is actually a very close skin match for me. It's not my all time fave Gerda Spillmann, but it's a very good waterproof cover.

This lasts ages and you only need a tiny bit so it works out CHEAPER that my old foundation and is absolutely the best at covering blemishes/imperfections and stays on all day. Plus my skin has improved since using it so I think it doesn't clog my pores either. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting that bit more coverage without looking caked

I use it with smashbox primer oil and a beauty blender and the result is AMAZING. It helps conce my acne scars, it doesn't look cakey, and it lasts forever even in Phoenix summers. It really doesn't look unnatural with the primer oil and blender.

Love love love this stuff.

Every product I've tried to cover melasma, hyperpigmentation anf sunspots all left me disappointed. Until now. Gotcha Holy Grail! The first time my daughter saw me wearing it we were outside on a sunny day and she immediately asked what foundation I was using because my skin looked amazing. Be prepared to contour because the full coverage The price is steep but a little goes a long way so I'm glad I bit the bullet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As having melasma on my face, I have bought this product with lots of expectations after watching a couple of videos and reading some reviews on how perfect this product was in terms of coverage. Apart from hyperpigmentation, the product's claim is that it can even cover tattoos, birth marks, etc. A big NO! It does NOT cover my melasma even with a color corrector underneath!! Its coverage is not better than my very cheap concealer actually. I'm very very very disappointed about this foundation, and no way buy it again. Do not recommend this foundation anyone who suffers from melasma, because believe me, you can find the same coverage -maybe better- with much cheaper products. Do not ever waste your money on this!

My mom swears by this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation, it's perfect for going out clubbing or in the summer because the staying power is incredible. Sometimes it can be a bit too heavy though and I prefer using a lighter foundation and concealer if I need to. I sometimes use this foundation in combination with a lighter one, so I'll put the estee lauder on areas I want a higher coverage. Definitely apply moisturiser generously before using it in the winter! I would buy this again as it's not too expensive for the quality.