MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I doubt I will have to rebuy for a long time, because this is soo versatile. I am def ready for summer. But I can find myself using this even when its not summer. The MA that sold it to me said I could use it on my eyes, mix it with lotion and rub it onto my skin for instant glow. Omg why did I overlook this all this time and just bought regular bronzer from mac when I could've gotten it in loose form for just one more buck? I do love my golden, but I don't think I have to look any further now! Looks great with eversun, I can imagine this looks good with gingerly and trace gold. get it!

EDIT: Apply it the right way it could look like dirt got onto your face, so just take a small amount and just build. I've gotta try this with my new addition to bronzers, the MSF natural in DEEP Dark (for that jlo bronzy goddess look). Eek! My bronzing collection keeps building more and more I could never get enough! =) I will update whenever I do try to pair those two together.

i love versatile makeup items, and this bronzer is no exception. i use this as a eyeshadow pigment, as well as a bronzer/highlighter on my face. PLEASE don't pack it on if you're using this as a bronzer or highlighter. you don't want to look like a burnt disco ball. the price is somewhat steep (i paid around 22 dollars, including tax), but mac gives us gals a generous amount of this stuff, so a jar lasts forever!

on 7/21/2008 4:07:00 PM

This is a def. a really nice bronzer. Very high quality but the packaging is not that great. It comes in a pretty large siffter jar but once you get it home, product moves to the top and it won't go back down the siffter holes.
It's annoying because when you dip your brush in it, it picks up SOOOO much product. And this is so finelly milled that it gets a little messy when you tap off the brush.

Other than the packaging issues I have, It's really worth the money. You'll never run out of the product since you really only need to use a tiny drop everytime.

My current uses: I mix a little in my hand with my body lotion to give me a nice moist shimmer.

Also to highlight my cheekbones, nose, chin and just a little on my forhead for that sunkissed look.

haven't tried it as an Eyeshadow yet but I will now. I'm sure its going to be gorgeous, like Amber Lights ES.

Overall, would buy again if I ever run out. I wished they did something with the packaging though.

This comes in the biggest jar, it'll last forever. So for it's price, it's well worth it. I love this bronzer, very pretty on my skin. Looks great on a night out. Easy to go overboard but gorgeous when applied correctly. I usually just put on top of my cheeks, nose, and chest area, too. Looks hot! Also great on legs, makes them look sun-kissed and sexy. Would def' buy again, although this jar will probably last my whole lifetime!

on 8/17/2008 11:28:00 AM

I can't imagine doing my face without this powder. I won a sample size last September when MAC had some kind of promotion. I have really ivory skin and other bronzers just make me look like I smeared dirt on my face, so when I got stuck with this I mistankingly thought "Great! Another bronzer to make me look dirty!" But, Im convinced I was meant to find this powder. I put over Lancomes discontinued Cosmopolitian Pink blush, and *lightly* sweep this over my cheeks to highlight with a highlighting brush. And this is nothing short of a HG product, and I seriously cannot think of any skin tone it wouldn't flatter. Don't let the intense bronze of this product fool you- its incredible. I think I paid around $25 dollars for it, and I kid you not when I say this will last me years. The itty bitty sample size lasted 6 months!!! Well worth the price.

on 8/29/2008 8:03:00 PM

If I could only take one makeup item on to a desert island this would be it. This is the best bronzer, shimmer I have ever seen or tried, and I have tried alot. I use this nearly every day except in the middle of winter when I use silver instead. I use it over my foundation with a big Kabuki brush, I dip the brush in the powder, blow over the top of the brush to remove excess then slap it all over my face, Im really very fair and have white eyelashes ect, but this is not to dark, all other bronzers make me look very silly and dirty. this is the best ever. In NZ this is very expensive I think it is $40-50 but I would deffinitly buy it again as it lasts so long, so far I have had it for about 4 years and am maybe only half way through!

PRESSED FORM (2008):(discontinued) - a very good shimmery bronze powder, delivers a nice glow without beeing too glittery or too red-orange like most bronzers...pigmentation is buildable so you can use it day to night! i bought the pressed form which lasted 3 weeks ...loose form lasts wayyyy longer!

LOOSE FORM (2009): summer i bought the new loose form. the colour of this powder is definitely much more orangey-sunburnt and much more shimmery! but i like it anyway.Looks great on medium and tanned skintones and is ment to be applied with a light hand on cheeks. as with all frosty shimmery products this may enhance any skin irregularities (spots, fine lines, pores).

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb bronze shimmer and looks great as a shadow, liner or bronzer. I have both this one & the silver. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

on 2/20/2009 9:09:00 PM

I use this everyday, def a HG product. Since I'm pretty tan, I first put on my regular pressed bronzer, apply blush, then lightly put this over the blush, eyelids, and a tiny tiny bit on my nose. It gives an LA, playboy look, very very gorgeous. A little bit goes a long way and i cant see myself running out even though I use it all the time. I dropped this one day and spilled a lot of it, and I'm still not running out anytime soon. Worth every penny!

This powder is gorgeous. I love to use it as e/s and my fave -- mixed with body lotion for body, etc. It's not orange, red, etc. Just a pretty bronze with hints of gold. I'm giving it 3lippies because I don't use it that often and loose powders in general are a pain to use.