Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.9

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 8/30/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this from Sephora free for my birthday. I love the packaging, its so cute. The treatments make my lips feel super soft and they smell so good. The treatment lasts a long time. Would I go out and buy this again? Not really. It reminds me of the lip gloss Nivea that you can find at the check out stand at your local pharmacy. I love the free idea though.

on 11/20/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this at sephora with the fresh passion lippy, came in as thr xmas gift set since i dont really wany the big size. but i wish i got the big size because i LOVE this stuff. the scrub is not harsh for the lips, peels off the dead skin of my lips, and leaves it clean and smooth.
i think the price worth the product :) definite must haves

on 10/30/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Really conflicted on how to review this product...

On one hand, it DOES work. It exfoliates nicely. But on the other hand, it's super pricey for something that you can easily make at home. I think I'll just stick to my brown sugar/olive oil scrub.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have made similar lip scrubs in the past but with three kids my time is limited and I certainly don't like playing chemist with them running around hence the reason for me purchasing this. First off, this makes me wanna lick it after its been on my lips doing its job. It really taste good.lol. It does a great job at taking away the dry scaly flakes so I wear my matte lippies.Easy to remove....I use a baby washclothe. A little goes a long way unless you enjoy throwing money down the drain. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 12/27/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, it's overpriced and "over-hyped" (whatever the latter means) and, yes, you can certainly make your own lip scrub far more cheaply on your own. However, I got this in my Xmas stocking from my husband (after having used a few samples from Sephora) and I am very glad to have it. Chapped, peeling lips basically come along with a Canadian winter and this scrub is terrific to use to get off all the dead bits of chapped skin before using a good lip treatment (I like Fresh's lip treatment that was a freebie birthday gift a couple of years go or Nuxe Reve de Miel or Clarins) to rehydrate the smoother skin underneath. In a season when I enjoy wearing a bright red lip, having smooth, non-flakey lips to start with is pretty important.

Considering you don't need to use a lot of this, it does last a long time (but the price is a bit daft, though it was a nice indulgence to get as a gift).

on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Best lip scrub i've ever used! It is a bit pricey but worth it. Use it once a week and lips will always look and feel amazing! Especially when used before applying matte lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a really nice scrub to exfoliate my lips with. My lips are really dry, and I live in a dry climate. I use it a couple times a week, mostly before I wear matte lipstick. It smells really yummy, and is moisturizing too. Yes, you could probably make something similar that isn't as expensive, but I really love it!

on 6/12/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this scrub for over a year and just now I'm done with the container. I use it every morning after brushing my teeth. And I LOVE the way it exfoliates my lips... in cold and hot temperatures. I've made my own lip scrub in the past, but it didn't do the job as good as the Sugar Lip Polish.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

on 8/16/2014 5:31:00 AM

I like this. At first I was about to hate it but really I have to admit that this is pretty good.

1. Smell - This may be the part I kinda dislike?? It smells to ME like tamarind and citrus. I don't actually know all of the ingredients but yeah.

2. Consistency - It sticks under my nails and it also have a waxy feeling. However, it isn't as bad as Sara Happ's one...

3. Texture - I couldn't feel a lot grain of sugar in the scrub, but i guess they're there.

4. How to use - So i read some in Sephora, you basically scrub your lips with it then leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I personally didn't wash directly at the warm water but I dipped my tissue in a bowl full with warm water then wipe it. Somehow, this is wayyy easier..

5. Finishing - It's actually so good. At first i thought it's going to do nothing because i couldn't feel the sugar in the scrub. My lips are moisturised and I couldn't feel any flakes on my lips. However, I would still give it a 4 stars but if there is 4.5 stars, I would definitely give that!!