NARS Sex Appeal

NARS Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

4.2

It is the best powder blush I've ever put on my fair skin. I love how it applies, love the fact that I can keep applying it and it won't turn me into an overdone doll. As I said, my skin is very fair (most brands don't even offer a foundation light enough for me) and this blush is perfect. Not only does it show up on me but I actually managed to over-apply it once (but it also can be easily toned down with a clean brush). I would like to mention that since it's a powder blush, it should be used on top on a powder to get smooth application. I once used it on top of a BB cream and it went on patchy but I don't think it's the product's fault. Liquid foundations call for cream blushes, not powder ones. I will repurchase. It's a dream product for fair-skinned girls like me.

on 2/15/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, LOVE this blush! I am incredibly fair and finding the right shade of blush for my skin tone can be a nightmare. For fair skin it is *the* perfect shade for a natural glow. Next to impossible to overdo, great for day or night. This is my HG blush. Plus, I love that it has no shimmer, which is hard to find in the NARS blush range.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This blush was a surprise for me. I thought that it would not show up, even on my fair skin, but it did. It adds a nice touch of colour, and lasts all day. The quality is definitely there. I use this blush when I want to emphasize my eyes, or lips, so I don't draw too much attention to my cheeks. I probably won't ever use the whole pan of blush, so I am unlikely to repurchase.

on 8/30/2014 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the peach version of Illa's Katie or MAC Well Dressed...a barely there peaches and cream flush (instead of a barely there pink flush). Even though I have issues with peaches (they tend to just come off orange on me - NW20 -pink with this weird warm under tone that brings out the orange/brown in anything), I think this is a brilliant blush. For all those fair skinned peaches and cream girls, this is the soft flush you have been looking for.

Every other peach blush goes way too orange on me, but Sex Appeal holds to that perfect sheer peaches and cream look. I am in heaven.

on 8/30/2014 6:34:00 AM

Yay calling all fair and pale girls such as myself - this is a blush we can finally go crazy with and not turn ourselves into a clown!

My skin is NC 15 - maybe a little more fair in the winter and slightly more tanned in the summer and this gem of a blush works perfectly for me all year around. Finally a blush I can apply more liberally, this gives the most natural and pretty peachy soft pink glow to my cheeks.

I love to apply this with my ELF flat top brush and really buff it into my cheeks so it looks like slightly flushed glowing from within skin. This blush pairs nicely for a natural less is more look, or as something subtle when your'e not wanting your cheeks to compete with a heavier eye look.

This is sure to be a repurchase.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I just recently started getting into blush as I have very fair skin and always thought blush made me look sun burnt. I wanted to add more color to my face and this looked like the perfect color, so true! I love it, it's a light peachy pink color and very hard (if not impossible) to over do. It gives my skin a healthy natural look and has made me fall in love with blush!

This is my first high end blush. My mother nagged me for years to put some color on my cheeks so as to not look so washed-out, but many blushes are too dark/obvious on my fair skin (most likely NC15). I read that this color seems to have been formulated specifically for us porcelain-skinned girls and doesn't have much payoff for anyone much darker than NC/NW 20. As someone who finds the art of blush application deceptively difficult, I am pleased that it's virtually impossible to overdo it with Sex Appeal. I love the matte powdery finish and natural glow it provides. It's certainly pricy but lasts a good while. I do tan pretty well in the summer so I skipped it during those months because I knew it wouldn't show up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My skin tone would best be described as the neutral baby of MAC NC/NW shades, probably between a 10 and 15, but not quite 15, with very slight warm undertones. There are no drugstore foundations that come close to matching my skin, nor are there many at Sephora that would work either. I have to use custom-blended mineral powder foundation. That is how ridiculously pale my skin is.

This blush looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin. It is a MATTE (yay!) light peachy pink that can be used quite sheerly, or built up to a bit of a darker color. It didn't look like much in the pan, and swatched a bit powdery, but holy cow does it transform once on the cheeks. It looks incredibly natural and not ruddy, dirty, or too cool-toned. Even though it is matte, the color adds a warmth that looks like a glow even when there isn't a visible shimmer or sheen. This is my everyday HG blush, which used to be Benefit's Dandelion which is much more sheer than Sex Appeal. I feel like I am getting a much better value for my money with the NARS blush, as I don't have to dig my brush in to get color payoff as I do with Dandelion. I apply it as I do other NARS blushes, in which I touch the brush to the powder, tap off the excess, and apply. Sex Appeal is just as pigmented as NARS' others, it's just that the lighter colored pigments that may not show up on darker skin.

Pros:
-Natural looking
-Matte
-Pigmented
-Color that can be used every day

Cons:
-NARS packaging is irritating as it gets dirty so quickly and I have yet to find a way to clean it well
-NARS blushes may be out of some people's price ranges at $29/each. That said, the first NARS blush I bought was Deep Throat, which I use quite often. It's been at least 4 years since I bought it, and I still haven't hit pan. You definitely get what you pay for with NARS blushes.

on 10/14/2013 11:40:00 AM

This is the perfect blush for the very fair! I am NC 20 and this gives me a pretty pinky peach flush that stays for hours. The texture is soft and blends easily. I recommend using the real techniques blush brush for the perfect amount of pigment. I just wish it was cheaper.

I actually really like this blush. I don't know why, but I do. I find myself reaching out for this more than any of my other blushes, including Orgasm and Benefit Dandelion. It's very light in the pan, but I'm also very fair so it works well with my skin. I like how it imparts a beautiful natural glow to my cheeks without making it look obvious, like I'm wearing bronzer or something like that. I like to wear minimal makeup, i.e. TM, lipgloss and mascara (if I remember) so this blush is the perfect little boost for me.