Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the vintage packaging
(Starred in one of Mad Men episode, FYI :)
So, if it’s good enough for Betty... lol!
You’re getting crazy amount of powder
(2.3 oz/65 g) that literally going to last u forever!
In a ridiculously price point.
For the “baking technique” - it bright the undereyes beautifully, but that goes for the rest of the face as well. it’s definitely *not translucent* due to the pinkish hue- if you’re consider to use it as a setting powder.
Also, It’s heavily fragrance which is a throwback for me, and a bit “heavy” & drying for my normal-dry skin. I can see why this is a cult favorite,
but Maybe more suitable for oily skin types.
Moving on to the next..

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

on 10/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 3-11-18- upped to 4 lippies

I ran out of my other powders and began to use this daily while waiting for my order to arrive. The fragrance does fade after an hour or so and as it began to fade I smelled a slight spicy, cinnamon note in it. If you are very sensitive to fragrance on your face, it could be gag inducing if you hate the smell of it, but it's really not all that bad if you can get used to it and it is a very nice powder. I love the finish it gives to my face. I can't believe how much I changed my mind when forced to use it. The fragrance in it causes no irritation on my skin. There are still some days I just do not feel like smelling it but the more I use it, the less I smell it. My husband loves the smell of it, so that is a plus. I actually would repurchase this. It gives my skin a nice look on days when I wear no foundation. I enjoy the pretty, nostalgic box that reminds me of my grandmother.
*******************************************************************

Original review:
I had to revisit this recently since I've seen it mentioned a lot lately, and remember seeing it so many times on my grandmother's make up vanity when i grew up. I was sort of hoping it might be similar to my holy grail powder, Laura Mercier. Why oh why can't they lose the awful fragrance in this powder. I could not handle it and had to wash it off every time I tried it. It's just way too perfumed and it's not a nice scent either. It is a very nice powder, finely milled. Laura Mercier still has no competition that I've found yet.

*****Also let me mention, BEWARE...there are tons of fake Laura Mercier powders being sold on ebay and elsewhere. Buyer beware. There are also lots of you tube videos comparing the fakes to the real LM.

on 10/9/2017 1:13:00 AM

Let’s start off by saying the overall look of the powder is decent. It’s pretty good for the price, but the only thing that threw me off is it is straight up PINK toned. I am fair and have a yellow undertone, so everywhere I applied this powder I had a ugly pink cast. I thought it was the foundation I was using but I was wrong. The powder is supposed to be translucent, not pink. Although the look of the powder isn't cakey itself I would not purchase this again. It made my face a mess.

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.