Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Went on a major DS haul and saw this on the very bottom shelf, it instantly reminded me of my Nana so I had to buy it!!

The smell does not bother me, i like it but I think my skin needs the FF version. Anyway, it looks and feels lovely but I don't think it can stand up to a Texas summer:(

I don't have very oily skin but for summer i thin i am going to need a more mattyfing powder.

Would buy this again, might work better for me in fall or winter.

on 3/28/2009 8:46:00 PM

I have been using Coty's Airspun Loose Powder since I had started wearing makeup as a teen. This is definitely the best. It never looks "cakey" and doesn't dry your skin. It hides flaws remarkably well and lasts throughout most of the day. Plus, you can't beat the price!

I absolutely love this powder and have been using it for years. Unfortunately, they discontinued my color, Rachel 1, many years ago (hence why I removed one lippie). I still find it on some discount sites and occasionally on eBay, so I still wear it. Doesn't hurt that my name is Rachel. :-D

I love the flawless finish, the lightweight texture, and the smell of it (reminds me of my youth when my mom wore it). The fragrance doesn't bother me nor does the talc.

I will repurchase if I can continue to find my Rachel 1.

on 1/2/2009 12:08:00 AM

I am so glad to see this product reviewed here. My grandmother used this powder, as did my mother. I don't mind the fragrance at all. I use a big fluffy brush to dust it on over my foundation, and my whole face looks better. It is excellent quality and lasts a long time.

on 12/30/2008 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. I have used it for years as a staple in my cosmetic wardrobe. I could not believe it when I seen it reviewed here, so I have to add my own words. Everything you ladies said is true of Coty. Coty use to be the big name of the cosmetic world and I loved their products. I just wish they would bring back their lipsticks! I miss Coty lipstick so much, I tried to purchase one of my favorite colors from Ebay. ;-) Yes it came, and it was the same lovely shade of pink, but the smell was almost gone and it smelled old. Let's face it, it was old. I bought it for the memories. I have it on my vanity shelf. Of course I do not use it. It is way old and dried out, and the smell is almost gone, but I use it to compare color. I have yet to find a color that equals it.
Coty makes a great loose powder. I bought a back up just in case it too goes away, and I think it will. I love the smell of the Coty powder and the lipsticks fragrance has never been matched, nor it's shine, moisture, or creamy texture. How odd this is with all the new and latest ingredients companies are adding to their lipsticks and powders.
You all hear me talk about my favorite lipstick Guerlain. Coty lipstick use to be the only lipstick for me when it was available. It was just as wonderful of a product as Guerlain only way less expensive. Coty had all the wonderful qualities about it that made a woman feel more like a lady when she applied this very lush lippie. If there are any Coty reps out there reading these reviews, make cosmetic history, bring back the old recipe for Coty lipsticks, and a hard pressed powder! We will buy, and buy, and buy it all!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I have used this powder since I was a teenager. I love it. Its not chalky but silky and it keeps me from shining like a light. I like the smell, if you don't like scented makeup, well you might not like this. But I love it. I have also used the luminious version of this as well as its great to give you just a soft glow, say for a night on the town.

on 9/24/2008 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Back in the 80's my BFF and I kept an open box of this on our shared vanity in our first Single Girls Apartment. It was always a mess but our daily routine of work, shopping, and then partying in the bars kept us toooo busy to be neat girls on top of everything else. More than 20 years later, I'm still too busy to be neat, and let's face it, this stuff is just a mess. Which is only one of its two flaws. The fact that it smells horrid is forgotten after you use it for a week or so, or at least I don't seem to notice it any more. Besides, they offer fragrance-free now. Get the green box!

I tried this again after stumbling on the reviews for it and saw that it's still getting raves after all this time. The packaging is just the same! Nostalgia! It came with a nifty bonus brush that fits inside the lid; I like it! While the finish isn't as matte as my previous love, Rimmel's Stay Matte, looking just a tad dewy on application, by comparison, it keeps the oilies away for hours longer. I dunno, it just does.

Now the heartbreaking downside: I'm breaking out again. I'm giving it a rest to see if this is the culprit, and hoping it's not. I haven't checked the ingredient list for any frowny faces, but suspecting there's something in there that doesn't like me. If not, I'm blaming the boyfriend's cat again. The one who peed in my new shoe. Doesn't that make me allergic?

Update 10/21/2008: This is NOT breaking me out! Yay!

on 9/17/2008 6:21:00 PM

I bought this product after 6 rec's from fellow MUA friends. I bought the translucent and have used it over my moisturizer, over my liquid foundation and on fresh skin in the hot summer months. I live in Ga where humidity is high and the summer months run long and hot and I use it to dry my face and freshen my look..

I am so pleased with this product I dont think I will ever try another. It is light, invisble and leaves my skin flawless.

Although it is bulky, the packaging is cute because it is very vintage looking. It reminds me of a product my grandmother would have used. The price is GREAT ($7 at Walmart) and I would pay more for it if the price were higher.

I took the suggestion of other reviewers and poked a bunch of tiny holes in the top with a straight pin. It worked like a dream.

Because I am allergic to perfume I was instantly concerned that I would not be able to use this product. Even though there are MANY products that I can not use because of their smell, the Coty Airspun smell did not aggravate my senses. The smell seems to dissipate soon after I apply. For some reason it does not aggravate my allergies. Thank goodness it doesnt bother me because I have been looking for a good (invisible - feels good) affordable powder for years. Now that I know there is a fragrance free version I will buy it next time, but in the mean time I am VERY pleased with this product.

At $7 this product is a must try.

Enjoy !

on 8/15/2008 5:49:00 AM

I've decided this is my HG for powder. It's inexpensive. It is so finely milled, It goes on silk, doesn't dry my skin out. I use translucent. I have pale skin and it just makes my skin looks flawless and pretty much stays flawless for most of the day. The packaging is not the greatest, but no big deal. Can transfer it into aother powder container. Really lovely product and you definitely can't beat the price!

on 7/22/2008 10:35:00 PM

Coty airspun face powder has been around since before the 50s. I love the vintage packaging and I love the product. it works just as good as more expensive dept. store powders. It does have a strong smell, but again, I like it! Everytime I use it I feel like I took a step back in time.