Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

i use this in translucent and it works pretty well apart from in really hot and humid weather. this is a good powder but the colors are limited which is a downfall. i love the box design and the smell doesn't really bother me. would repurchase.

on 5/29/2007 10:41:00 AM

Although it smells like my mom or grandmother (which is kind of comforting), this stuff is amazing. It's very fine, which means it goes on smoothly and gives the appearance of flawless skin! Hint: Don't remove the plastic cover; leave it sealed. Poke holes in it, put the lid back on, and shake it to get the powder out. **** Edit: This product is made with oil. Reduced overall rating from 5 to 4.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff is great for sucking up the oil on my face. i like to think of it as a cheaper version of Bare Escentials Mineral veil which by the way doesn't work as well....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have repurchased this several times in life and always come back to it after trying others like Clinique, Lancome, Mary Kay, Cover Girl, Cornsilk. I have MAC's loose and I like it a lot but honestly this is just as good, except for the smell, IF you can get a good color match. The powders tend to run a little light and pinkish in Airpsun, IMO. I tried several times with the translucent and it is just wrong for me, I'm too yellow undertoned (MAC NC 30-35). I finally tried Naturally Neutral and it's great. I just don't particularly care for the strong smell, it's telltale oldschool Coty, but I can deal with it. I didn't poke holes in the plastic film, but made a tiny 1 cm slit with a safety pin, and I just turn the canister upside down once to dispense enough powder to coat my big powder brush. Love the packaging, it's very pretty.
As others have said, this one beats all in setting makeup and getting the most wear out of your foundation. Provides a flawless finish IF you can get a good color match. Edited 7/08: I put this in the same review fondness of BE Mineral Veil now. I don't use translucent setting / finishing powders that much anymore. This is a good product for that, minus the smell, but since I mainly use mineral makeup now, this product isn't very useful to me.

WOW! This is my favorite powder EVER! It makes me feel like a pin-up model when i put on. It has a lovely subtle scent that reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to wear Coty Airspun face powder as well as my Grandmother! This is a HG product, for sure! The adorable yellow vintage packaging is so amazing! I love everything about this product. This powder works 100 times better than MAC, Chanel, and Stila combined. Also, the powder lasts all day!

on 7/19/2006 7:00:00 PM

I bought this in a pinch after spilling my Mineral Veil all over my dressing room the night before vacation. I was stunned at how good this is! So finely milled and the Natural Beige looks perfect on my NC30 skin. I don't think I'll ever drop cash on Shu or BE or Awake again when this does the job so beautifully.

on 7/16/2006 2:44:00 PM

I'm 36 and I recently rediscovered this high school staple. Its STILL a great product, even after I have tried lots of high end powders. Due to circumstances down here, I needed to save money and found that this powder can do the job perfectly - and without any shimmer, glitter or glow - which is the way I like it.

on 4/5/2006 5:03:00 PM

I love the smell of this powder, and how it sets my foundation so well. For so cheap, it's worth a try!

Love this powder. Packaging leaves something to be desired...caused a few messes, but that's easily solved by putting it into a different container. Bought this a few months ago at Jewel in Translucent and it's a great match..but havn't been able to find it there since.. have to purchase at Ulta now.
Overall it's a great powder and very cheap!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hokey Makeup Story:

My first exposure to makeup involved my grandmother using this powder. I can't open a box of this without thinking of her.

As with everyone else, I continue to be faithful to this product. The coverage is unbeatable. The milling of this powder is amazing. Even Chanel and Dior have nothing so luxurious. As for someone's comment that there are better powders out there . . . show 'em to me. Cornsilk is a joke--more like cornstarch!

Back to my point. While the original formula has mineral oil, this appears to have no effect on some skins. However, being an acne prone artist, I am very aware of using products that contain mineral oil. Therefore, I only use this on certain skin types and in specific settings--although I'd love to use it on every face I paint!

The color choices are great . . . and can be mixed with powders of a more golden tone, if too peachy for some skins.

There is now a fragrance free variety and an irridescent transuluscent that I absolutely broke my neck to buy. I could not be any more impressed that this old standard is still around with nothing new on the market to even come close.

For me, this belongs in the cosmetc's hall of fame, right alongside Estee Lauder Youth Dew, Chanel #5, "cherries in the snow" by Revlon and many others.

Kevin B. Shields,