Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

on 6/17/2018 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I will be like another reviewer and give this powder a little credit for the size of the container and the price. It's widely available, and if you can deal with the fragrance, you can have a nice product for very little money!

But I cannot deal with the fragrance. I kept trying, because I am stubborn and/or have a bad memory, but finally I got wise and pitched this powder.

It's not like I don't like old-lady fragrances, because I love a surprising number of overly-fragranced products (Guerlain comes to mind). This is not one of them, sadly.

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

on 1/30/2018 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the vintage packaging
(Starred in one of Mad Men episode, FYI :)
So, if it’s good enough for Betty... lol!
You’re getting crazy amount of powder
(2.3 oz/65 g) that literally going to last u forever!
In a ridiculously price point.
For the “baking technique” - it bright the undereyes beautifully, but that goes for the rest of the face as well. it’s definitely *not translucent* due to the pinkish hue- if you’re consider to use it as a setting powder.
Also, It’s heavily fragrance which is a throwback for me, and a bit “heavy” & drying for my normal-dry skin. I can see why this is a cult favorite,
but Maybe more suitable for oily skin types.
Moving on to the next..

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this powder for years when it was about the only DS loose powder you could find. I would love to love it. It has a great smell, but that means perfumes, and it is talc-based, not mineral-based. So, it oxidizes quickly, mixes with liquid foundation and creates a shiny film, and it does get everywhere. And you have to set your face with a setting spray or you look very powdery even with puff, sponge, or brush after you apply it.

I have acne-prone skin and I break out with this product if I wear it a full day. I always come home and wash my face immediately if I do use it. Sadly, I think I have to retire this good ole standby and stick to the mineral powders.

EDIT: So, I tossed this and then kept seeing all the positive reviews, then started lemming, so I bought another one haha. I think my old powder may have been too old and that was causing breakouts. I have not had any comedones with the new/fresh powder. Also, performance does vary with different foundations. With more dewy foundations, the powder mixes with them to create a sort of film. If you use the Wayne Goss method (or whomever should get credit for this) and press the powder into your foundation, it performs much better. If your foundation is matte, the powder tends to look 'powdery' longer, but performs better. YMMV

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.